Warriors PA Announcer?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by CohanHater, Aug 4, 2010.

1. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    During the RunTMC days, the PA Announcer for the Warriors (I'm completely embarrassed that his name is slipping me right now) was so good. When one of the local players was shooting free-throws, he would quiet the crowd by announcing Chris Mullin "shhhhhhhhhoooting two." And say Dominique Wilkins to attempt two when the road team was shooting. The subtleties of PA announcing made the experience so good.

I think the new owners should bring back the old PA style and scoreboard animations from the board. Do you all remember the brick, traveling, or too many steps annimations) for the throwback games?

2. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
  3. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Thanks DK. Callahan, that's it! He was such a good PA guy. I know he had health issues. Looks like he did 31 years worth of work with St Mary's, too

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/02/10/SP74259.DTL

Looks like Rowell was involved in him leaving. I never realized how all of that went down.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  4. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    What a great column by Mark Fainaru-Wada. Sadly, all of that was only a small portion of Cohan's reign. Unbelievable.