Warriors Survey

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

MVP:
    DPOY:
    Surprise Player of the Year:
    Rookie of the Year:
    Downfall of the Year:
    Game of the Year:
    Moment of the Year:
    What you're most looking forward to next season:

2. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

MVP: Azibuike -- probably the most consistent player all year.

DPOY: Turiaf. Who else!?

Surprise player of the year: Rob Kurz. I knew on draft night Randolph would be an eventual star (I now know he'll be a super-star). And Morrow was red hot in summer league. But Kurz has become a solid role player, and that came straight out of left field.

Rookie of the year: Randolph

Downfall of the year: signing Magggette before the start of the season

Game of the year: Magnificent 7 putting the hammer down on Utah Jazz as Watson scorches for 38pts 9 assists and Kurz drops 21 pts: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290411026

Moment of the year: Anthony Morrow dropping 37 points and 11 rebounds in his first career NBA start against the Clips:
    [video=youtube;GcMEoGoTMWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMEoGoTMWo[/video]

What I'm most looking forward to next season: The magnificent 7 being allowed to continue to play. Kurz, Watson, Randolph, Morrow, Turiaf, Beans, Azibuike.... those guys.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

MVP: Andris Biedrins / Stephen Jackson
    DPOY: Rony Turiaf
    Surprise Player of the Year: Anthony Morrow
    Rookie of the Year: Anthony Randolph / Anthony Morrow
    Downfall of the Year: When we lost to the bobcats (twice?)
    Game of the Year: When Nelly first played a real power forward for more than 20 minutes and we won
    Moment of the Year: When Nelly first played a real power forward for more than 20 minutes and we won

4. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

MVP: Stephen Jackson. The clear leader of the team. He had an insanely good season despite the shit he gets on here for it. Stepped up and busted his ass. Tried to hard at times but he was really good overall. Averaged 20.7 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 6.5 apg, 1.5 spg, .5 bpg. Hard to argue with that despite the low FG% and high TOs- also keep in mind we played the whole damn year with no PG, he had to make up for a lot of that.

DPOY: Turiaf. Hes better than I thought he'd be. Really a good post defender, great help defender. Tenacious. Love the acquisition.

Surprise Player of the Year: Anthony Morrow. Proved to be a keeper in summer league, then again in training camp, then played his way into the rotation. Hes just a beast.

Rookie of the Year: Anthony Randolph. Hard to pick between him and Morrow. Hes looking like our starting PF though so I'll give it to him.

Downfall of the Year: A 22 y/o man riding a moped. UGH.

Game of the Year: Dunno. Probably one of the games where Monta or AR had a big game. Not much to remember this season lol.

Moment of the Year: Dunno. Maybe AR dunk over Yao. Or AR block on Tyrus Thomas. Again, not a ton of great moments.

What you're most looking forward to next season: AR starting at PF. Crawford gone. Everyone staying relatively healthy.

5. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

MVP: Biedrins, hands down. When everybody starts chucking up these stupid ass shots, he's down there chasing rebounds and doing the dirty work...and he NEVER complains.

DPOY: Turiaf obviously. Best backup center in the NBA. When we first picked him up, I didn't think much of it, but thank god he's on the team now hahaha

Surprise Player of the Year: I'll say Morrow, with Randolph being the runner up. I knew that Morrow was going to be a shooter based on his summer league performance, but I didn't realize how NBA ready he was. I didn't know anything about Randolph when we drafted him, I thought it was another situation of the Warriors drafting some frontcourt prospect (like O'Bryant) and try to hype them up to the fans. I can not wait to see Randolph play next year, he's gonna be a monster...I just pray that when he realizes how sick he is, he still has the same dive-for-every-loose-ball mentality. Honorable mention to CJ Watson.

Rookie of the Year: The Anthonys, with an edge to Randolph I guess.

Downfall of the Year: Monta's dumb ass.

Game of the Year: Sadly, nothing comes to mind.

Moment of the Year: I guess Morrow's first start...that was pretty bad ass haha

What you're most looking forward to next season: Randolph beasting on muthafuckers...

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Oh the explanation for why I chose who I picked is pretty much what xplicit said. I said Sjax should share co-mvp because he's only the real warrior that leads vocally (like Baron did), he plays good D when everyone else is trying to play good D, he shoots well, he passes, and he tried to play two positions at once for Nelly (power forward and point guard). In a sense he was like a Joe Johnson/Brandon Roy lite or a mini, mini Lebron. He was really valuable and I'm sure he's going to be a good mentor for a few of the swing players.

I also agree Monta getting his dumbass hurt set this franchise back because he was supposed to prove he could play point guard this year. Now we just have to wait and see if will be. I'm almost thinking he's not worth it if he doesn't focus on defense or develop his playmaking skills without turning the ball over 5 times. Teams are built on stars and if he isn't franchise level by a certain time, why waste this franchise rebuilding time.

I also love Turiaf's heart, hustle, and his defense. If we actually stopped the ball early, he wouldn't have to jump up in the air so many times to get out of rebound position just to make a save. The guy's rebound total would go up, but his blocks would go down. He's also good defensively in the post.

7. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    I'll take a different spin on things

MVP: Ronny Turiaf...the guy's positive energy and leadership (at age 25) I believe has been the most valuable to this team.

DPOY: CJ Watson. I was pretty harsh on the guy earlier in the season, but he really stepped up his game. Shooting consistently and always getting in the passing lanes. I think he's a good team defender but an average man-on defender...although, that had also improved towards the end.

Surprise Player of the Year: Marco Belinelli. This was a guy many people dismissed after disappearing in the rotation. Yet, he continued to work hard in practice (defense) and put on several spectacular shows for the team until he got injured.

Rookie of the Year: Randolph. When we thought Nellie had killed this kid's chances, like Marco, he worked hard and proved himself. As a 19 year old, that's probably pretty tough to do. He persevered and was tenacious at everything he did. That gives him the edge over Morrow.

Downfalls of the Year: Monta, Rowell, Mullin, injuries...

Game of the Year: Cavs at Warriors. Monta's debut and a game that went down to the wire. Yeah, we lost, but it was probably the most exciting game of the year and the atmosphere was that of a PO game.

Moment of the Year: Marco's behind the backboard shot.

What you're most looking forward to next season: Ricky Rubio :)

8. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    MVP: None
    DPOY: Turiaf
    Surprise Player of the Year: CJ Watson, he can actually take it to the basket these days
    Rookie of the Year: Morrow, he's always under control (I think Randolph will be the better player though)
    Downfall of the Year: Too many to list (Monta, Magette/Jax signings, etc)
    Game of the Year: Jazz game in Utah
    Moment of the Year: Morrow's shooting bonanza
    What you're most looking forward to next season: A leader. I'd love to see a true leader on this team.

9. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Is Turiaf really better than Biedrins defensively? No doubt he gets his blocks, but I've thought that the Warriors were much stronger with Biedrins in there. When I watched games at the beginning of the season it just seemed as if Turiaf went for the block every time and left the team vulnerable on the boards. But maybe he improved as the season progressed.

There were a lot of surprises this year. Demarcus Nelson surprised me in how long he stayed with the team. Kudos to him. Of course Morrow was a nice surprise. Marco and Wright played well too, but they seemed to be out with injuries for quite some time. (didn't Marco miss about a month from a sprained ankle? I thought that was pretty long). Oh yeah, Watson's performances surprised me too. At the beginning there I thought he was just garbage. But he really turned things around and showed what he's made of and that he can be a valuable player.

Downfall of the year was definitely GS management. Outside of D-League and undrafted players, most of what they did pretty much was no good.

10. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

MVP: Jackson. Slim picking in here...
    DPOY: Turiaf: Highly active, and I think his defense actually got better from the beginning of season, when he practically jumped at anything.
    Surprise player of the year: Morrow. Really came out from nowhere. Let's see how far he can go.
    ROY: Randolph. Still has long ways to go, but I am already enjoying the ride.
    Downfall of the year: 1. When Rowell took over. 2. Moped. 3. Injuries of Wright and Marco. It was really really unfortunate. They were having nice seasons, we were in a tank mode, and playing times were all theirs. Instead, they got injured, and Randolph and Morrow maximized their chances.
    Game of the year: When Martin and Monta scored 40+ pts.
    Moment of the year: When Warriors drafted Randolph.
    What you're most looking forward to next season: Quality guard who can lock down other team's PG...