Warrior's To Do List

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Shapecity, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

2. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Taft has at least an inch on May and he would suddenly become energetic at the chance to destroy the NCAA champ's best big guy. Why do you think Taft is in the top of all the mocks while May wasn't even considered the one of the top 3 guys on his team before the NCAA championship game? He only entered the draft because he knew his stock would never be higher EVER.</div>
    My basic view is that a 6-9 guy who is an overachiever and shows every technical skill you'd want a guy to learn has a huge edge on a guy merely an inch taller who shows only basic skills,has created and impression he is underachieving,not coming up to expectations. A draft-mock site that overhypes several guys who really have little but second hand rumors as their resume means little to me. I've seen decades of NBA ball,and drafts and hyped up underachievers very often prove to be mistakes,even when not picked as high as suggested. We had Shika,he was a much hyped tall import,was a high pick...and for all he did in the NBA,rates well behind a number of never drafted or round 2 players. Olowokandi was bigger than Taft,actually had begun to have respectable stats,yet remains an underachiever. Who hyped Ben Wallace as a draft prospect?
    A pudgy looking May owned the paint in the Ncaa tournament against whoever challenged....Start to finish. Taft had only a few moments to tease that he might-might,do something similar. I see May looking more toned,less weight and a power F who will be an above average NBA starter for many years,and I see that as a pretty likely outcome. With Taft,I have yet to see any one aspect of his game,or his approach to the game that has me expecting him to become a starter at F or C. He has a possibility,true. He could suddenly evolve into a workaholic who plays with Ben Wallace passion passion,who suddenly discovers K Garnett skills,but then we can put such longshot hopes on a guy at the bottom of round 2.
    Some HS players,Green,Blatche,Webster,in particular have shown some advanced talent for their age. They have yet to show they CAN kick butt in the ACC,the Pac 10 or the NBA...however,they also have not shown they can only produce modest numbers in big time college or Euroleague play.

3. REREM

I overlooked a part of the statement I was reponding to- "May wasn't considered one of the top 3 on his team". The deal is "considered" by who? Being the teams top rebounder and most of their inside offense in the ACC tournament as well as the rest of the NCAA tournament counts,I think,for something. I could accept an arguement that Felton was of pretty equal importance,but McCants was a bit one dimensional,and if it's about what scouts may think,they see a 6-3 guy who is a 2 guard and weak on D,not inclined to pass much. Marvin W can become a star,if he pushes himself enough,but for UNC,he was nowhere the impact guy May was. When a guy has 20 rebound games in the BIG games,for a top team,I don't care if he's 6-5 ,he's got something. If not,what does it say about guys who were on the floor but didn't produce as much?
    I don't look at May as the ideal pick for us,and yet,I expect whoever takes him will get more than they expect. If it had to be a choice of May or Taft,My opinion is pretty obvious,May,witout a doubt. If I thought Taft was the best we could get,I'd say trade the pick.

4. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting REREM:</div><div class="quote_post">My basic view is that a 6-9 guy who is an overachiever and shows every technical skill you'd want a guy to learn has a huge edge on a guy merely an inch taller who shows only basic skills,has created and impression he is underachieving,not coming up to expectations. A draft-mock site that overhypes several guys who really have little but second hand rumors as their resume means little to me. I've seen decades of NBA ball,and drafts and hyped up underachievers very often prove to be mistakes,even when not picked as high as suggested. We had Shika,he was a much hyped tall import,was a high pick...and for all he did in the NBA,rates well behind a number of never drafted or round 2 players. Olowokandi was bigger than Taft,actually had begun to have respectable stats,yet remains an underachiever. Who hyped Ben Wallace as a draft prospect?</div> Yeah, but that all depends on who or what you need at that position. If the clips wanted Kandi to be the difference maker on both ends and he was projected the same player Duncan or Shaq or Jermaine O'neil was offensively/defensively, he'd probably be a franchise big man. You know Big Ben can't score with his back to the basket, he's strictly a midrange, alley-oop and putback kind of guy that makes the tremendous impact on the glass, blocking shots and any type of D there is. He looked like a defensive role player. Same can be said with not drafting Brad Miller, another undrafted guy, who had the size of center, but was more of a face-up/passing power forward than a post up player. He looked like a glue guy rather than an elite power forward draft. Nobody knew their real impact until they found a team like Detroit and Indiana, already playoff teams in a weak Eastern conference for bigs.

Every team tries to shoot for the dominant post presence because those are the guys that will draw all sorts of fouls, create offense, and score the most efficiently and dominate the paint. Neither Brad nor Ben are the franchise leaders, but they are damn good players. Ben is probably a step up closer to being a franchise player because he's been known to just shut everyone down, but that didn't come until later.

The draft board may not get the drafts correctly and same goes for the team doing the picking, but there is undoubtedly a strong desire to land that big, dominate post presence. I mean why the heck is Andrew Bogut going so high and all these other guys who are 6'8 and dominated in college, getting neglected. It's primarily because of the trends in the draft. There have been a few undersized power forwards that haven't been great post players because they could not make the adjustment, either because they were too weak or slow or short or they took more time and because they were suffering on D due to their size. Using fluid, quick footwork, using your body to "feel" where the defender is, and fighting for position in the paint is tough work and rare in the NBA that not even some of these polished 6'8 guys can pull it off because they don't have the tools. Sure they'll play with heart, but it can't beat a team with pure superstar talent, athleticism, strength, or pure shot touch. With so many weapons to beat you, a lazy T-Mac or a Shaq and 3 other nbdl guys could whoop a team full of Malik Roses or Brian Cardinals. I mean our own team had a bunch of heart but we weren't able to pull off wins until we had a true difference maker to run things and force double teams and create offense. That's probably the main reason a guy like Tskitishvilli went so high was that he was projected to be a player that could create his own offense and just shoot over everyone or outquick them. Very few teams find that difference maker (see Cleveland and Denver until they landed some huge franchise guys). We couldn't do jack in the draft because of all those stupid picks/trades P.J. Carlisimo and David Twarzik fouled up.

Here's the thing that sucks about the NBA, if Bdiddy was a slow, soft, weak guy with skills in the NBA (while looking great in college) but played with heart, we'd still suck because we'd have a team full of role players and some guys that can start, but can't finish. So let's just go for broke in the draft. We can pick up the guys with heart if the other team undervalues them, which they always do if they are on a losing team and in need of tossing aside players to look for monster talent.

Ben Wallace never drew double teams and until he played starting center for the Pistons, people could finally see his value. Also with Brad Miller being able to show his stuff at center and his passing and shooting made him stand out. These guys were underrated, never drafted, played overseas, but they were pieces to a team that had enough talent in a weaker conference to make them stand out. All the other teams were looking for the next Jermaine O'neil, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'neil type players because they were the unstoppable force in the paint the team built upon.

5. Custodianrules2

Long story short: higher risk, greater payoff.

Do we strike it rich by taking chances (all or nothing) or do we get just enough to break even and get a steady income, thus never really getting richer? Honestly, if a team is dirt poor, they're going to play like they got nothing to lose because even the steady income might not turn out as steady as they thought. Avoid the potential role players, go for the high stock if the indicators point strongly to a winner. Attitude is everything. So I would probably avoid Taft unless I could trade him immediately for a future first round pick or find out what would motivate him. Just because we draft him doesn't mean we have to sign him, right?

6. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, you can choose not to sign your draft pick, though if you trade his rights, another team has to sign him according to the rookie scale. Considering how easy it is to sign a rookie (you don't have to negotiate salary, thus you are only negotiating a few minor details), it'd be a massive failure to draft someone and not sign them before the season, especially when there are plenty of good, solid players available.

It'd be likely that we could trade our draft pick ahead of time if we really wanted to get rid of the pick.

7. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Zhone:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, you can choose not to sign your draft pick, though if you trade his rights, another team has to sign him according to the rookie scale. Considering how easy it is to sign a rookie (you don't have to negotiate salary, thus you are only negotiating a few minor details), it'd be a massive failure to draft someone and not sign them before the season, especially when there are plenty of good, solid players available.

It'd be likely that we could trade our draft pick ahead of time if we really wanted to get rid of the pick.</div>
    Yeah, I guess you tend to lose a lot of leverage once the player's agent starts complaining. With a 2nd rounder who cares, but a first?

8. Zhone

There is only one totally unsigned first round draft pick in the past 10 years. Who is it? Frederic Weis, the 7'2" center most famous for getting posterized by Vince Carter, was picked 15th overall by New York in 1999 but never signed. He was all "potential" but even in Europe he flopped. Sergei Monya, the 23rd overall pick by the Blazers in 2004, also is unsigned, but he's expected to join the Blazers soon.

Thus, if we didn't sign our pick (unless we left him in Europe) we'd pretty much acknowledge that we didn't do our homework before the draft. Mullin needs to set a good precedent as being a good evaluator of talent as this is only his second draft and first full season. He has been very good over the course of the season at keeping secrets, though. I have no clue what he's after.

9. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Without saying, what we need the most at this point is physical PF. To be exact, we need a shot blocking PF, who can add a defense presence in the middle the most. Then, we need an individual big man defender, who are capable of defending Duncan, KG, Stoudmire and so on. Then, we need a post up player, because even without decent post up game, we can still score. That's why I am not in either Diogu or May bandwagon. First, I never saw Diogu playing, and my opinion on him can be changed once I hear reports from camp or individual workout. However, there is no way 6'8" or smaller player will bring a decent defense presence in the middle, unless he becomes a first one in NBA history, and according to scouting report in nbadraft, I don't think he will be the one anytime soon. He may be a decent post up player, but what we really need is a defensive PF, not offensive PF without defensive ability. And, the same equation goes with May.

Also, I will be very careful to draft NCAA tourney heroes. Certainly, there has been plenty of euro busts in NBA. However, I can't recall one player, who raised his stock in tourney dramatically, and actually turned out to be alright. Lattner was a disappointment from his heroic in tourney, Drew (15th) was a big bust, C. Williamson (14th) became nothing but a role player, and the list goes on. Certainly, May was the man in NC. But, at the end, he still is a undersized and unathlathic PF in NBA. There is no way for me to draft him over Taft, when May will most likely be a role player at best...

10. Zhone

Well, Ben Wallace is only 6'6"-6'8" (even if he's listed at 6'9"). That's why he plays a lot of power forward so the taller, lankier Rasheed Wallace can play Center. Ben's an example of how skills and instinct can overcome the height differential. Now, I'm not saying that any of these guys are the next Wallace, because he's an utter fluke. The guy just has the best hands and coordination that I've ever seen, not to mention the basketball IQ. Still, Detroit is also helped by the defense of Sheed and Prince to help trap the ball and it's not only Wallace who's the difference maker. So one player will help alot, but if he were short, he'd have to be better than Wallace.. and the chances of that happening are lower than the chances of the Warriors getting into the top 3 this year.

11. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kwan1031:</div><div class="quote_post"> Certainly, May was the man in NC. But, at the end, he still is a undersized and unathlathic PF in NBA. There is no way for me to draft him over Taft, when May will most likely be a role player at best...</div>

Thank you, why dont others see this? He may be able to plow through some other 6'8 defenders who arent overweight in college but once he gets to the NBA he is nothing more than a fat Malik Rose. Taft seems to fit the Offense/Defense PF that we need but we dont know if he will "demand the ball". So what if he doesn't? Do we want a PF who will get pissed in a year or two that Baron and J-Rich get all the touches? Diogu seems like less of a potential headcase but we dont know if he will be Elton Brand or some poor reserve a la Malik Rose. BTW i like Rose but he's no #9 selection. Diogu may go back to college anyway so then i'd say that we should no question take Taft. At worst this guy will be Kwame Brown which isn't all that bad.

12. REREM

Bill Russell at 6-9 remains a legend largely for his D. Ex-Warrior Felton Spencer at 7-0 with bulk was horrid on D,I have no idea why he was in the NBA at all. As I said before,May isn't who I see fitting the W's,and yet the mere 1" height edge Taft has is far from enough to offset May's assets. As to technique inside,May compares to Moses Malone who had so many tricks and tactics he is a guy young bigs need to watch on video. Tafts moves are limited to,say early Danpier minus Damps mean streak and aggressive D. Taft,if I'm picking #20,would be okay. His skills are basic,nothing advanced. He is not bigger than Adonal and will need time to be equal on D,rebounds. Just check out the gap between "tiny" Diogu and "big" taft when it comes to shotblocks,rebounds...GUY's,IT AIN"T CLOSE! I have higher expectations for Dwayne Jones than Taft. Show me a guy who GOT those 11.5 boards and I'm good with it. Show me a guy who got 7...and I'm ,like,can he play small forward?

13. REREM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Thank you, why dont others see this? He may be able to plow through some other 6'8 defenders who arent overweight in college but once he gets to the NBA he is nothing more than a fat Malik Rose. Taft seems to fit the Offense/Defense PF that we need but we dont know if he will "demand the ball". So what if he doesn't? Do we want a PF who will get pissed in a year or two that Baron and J-Rich get all the touches? Diogu seems like less of a potential headcase but we dont know if he will be Elton Brand or some poor reserve a la Malik Rose. BTW i like Rose but he's no #9 selection. Diogu may go back to college anyway so then i'd say that we should no question take Taft. At worst this guy will be Kwame Brown which isn't all that bad.</div>
    S May,for what it's worth,shed some 40 pounds over his time at NC. Dropping a few more would be expected. May went through the grind of the NCAA tournament-after the ACC tournament and the reality was he was the last man standing,he was all that he had to be in the end,with all of Illinois bigs fouling out just trying to stop him. May was the force,the power,and if all that was packaged a bit different than a Walton or Ewing or Alcindor -the outcome was the same. Pitt got knocked out earlier,with Taft not a force an underdog was unable to contain. May even had a great game vs Sheldon Williams who I considered the best inside D in college ball. Sheldon would have schooled Taft like he schooled Marvin Williams,don't bring that simple stuff in here,kid--SWAT!

14. Run BJM

REREM, May probably has more skills under the basket than Taft but he's not going to get under the basket in the NBA like he does in the NCAA. Not to mention that in the NBA even if he is under the basket, a 6'11 to 7 footer would just have to put his hands up to make a shot difficult for May. I've also read that May is closer to 6'7 and if he is 6'7 or 6'8 he doesn't have the length or athleticism to make him a good undersized player. When you think of the succesful undersized big guys; Ben Wallace, Zach Randolf, Kenny Thomas, these guys are very athletic or can shoot the ball well. Not to mention that these guys have longer arms compared to their bodies than May does. May will probably be a servicable back-up similar to Tractor Traylor but nothing more.

15. REREM

Based upon some 40 yrs of watching hoops on the tube-rather than getting rich,famous,or even laid often-I get pretty firm once I see true talent,and I can seem a bit sarcastic,I reckon,if I hear some claimed prospect I looked at and had written off. You can figure I wrote off Taft as a #9,and I wrote off Petro as even a later # 1. I see the 3 lottery-projected point G's as pretty good,but hardly super,there is no J Kidd playmaker ,nor a super scorer,so I'd lean toward a later grab, Salim Stoudamire.who Is a remarkable shooter with a decent chance to develop a point G package. I like Bogut. A lot of recent 7-0 guys could look nice-yet fail to get close to 20 pt-12 rbd output. I think Frye is a rather safe later pick as a big. he has well rounded skills and a pattern of steady improvement. He's still a tad short of having the strength,but is getting there. Dwayne Jones declared. Will he stay in if he gets the sense he's a rd 2? Jones would be a wonderful pickup as a rd 2,a pretty good one as a late #1 if we could get a pick there. Danny Granger and Julius Hodge are the multi-skill,total package-multi position guys in the crop. Granger is bigger,a good rbd guy,gets blocked shots,yet hit 45% from the arc,played some point. Hodge smaller,wiry, played more point,had more assists,yet was a good scorer who showed a veteran ability to find a way to score or otherwise do whatever. Stepping up to the pro level, DG and JH should not be seen as guys who are "utility" backups,rather they are players able to exploit a variety of situations to win games,plus guys able to fill in at several spots should there be some injuries.
    Gerald Green got the internet hype as the best of the HS guys. I saw the McD game and the dunk contest-and his toolbox has some very special stuff. I saw a play that got me wondering,could he become a point G? i saw a 6-8 kid who could leap with the NBA's high flyers. I saw a guy who made the first 4 3's he shot in his TV debut,who put some energy into D even though it was an all-star game. In short,rare "upside" type stuff. Andray Blatche had been expected to jump to the NBA,the only HS big so inclined. He's been claimed to be 6-11,7-0,kind of a middleweight. He showed for the Jordan and had,as I recall,24pt,14 boards,and that is pretty good stuff. Blatche got elevated from rd 2 to mid-first in various mocks based on that. A few years ago,Dirk appeared in one of these HS all star games and proved he had game. This year the Euros who showed were no better than possible rd 2 guys. Too bad some others lacked the confidence.
    You may have noticed I refuse to show love for any tall but weak-stats project player. For 20+ years,it seemed the W's were searching for the franchise C,or at least someone able to play a bit at C. Russell Cross,Chris Washburn were such reaches they never came close to Todd Fuller. Fuller and Cliff Rozier had enough talent to be some help-but the W's then were dreadful at developing a young big man. They gave Mullin for pacer sub,Dampier who,after assorted injury setbacks got decent-and was gone. Adonal,not a perfect player,may be the best C the W's drafted since JB Carrol-and the deal leading to that was a legendary f--- up. We never quite have the slot for Bogut,Yao,Duncan,so often settle for the "potential" the guy who,if all went just perfect would evolve. Oddly,a Brad Miller gets overlooked,why? I can't say,I thought he was a late rd 1-he was unpicked. With the W's I like the Bird in the hand approach,show me the money player,show me some skills I can look at. A 3rd hand review from Albania in 50 words or less is not enough. I hope the W's look at Splitter,Aleksandrov and whoever else,but don't overestimate based on a couple of good moves in a bare gym with no good D in the way.
    Someone may have got the idea I think Diogu is the best available pick-yet i get this feedback like he's only Malik Rose or his game is really limited,can't develop,can't move to the NBA,is too "tweener". Others seem to say a 6-8 guy who is an all-american stud will have no impact inside as a pro-yet a 6-10,6-11 underachiever can,or a tall guy just skilled enough to be a decent JC player willget better and better until he is a real quality pro.
    I see no point in arguing more about the # 9 slot except to state that we can get talent that has "upside" and is fairly Pro-ready. That,unless we got an impact pro,or a sweet trade-down,the advantages of the rookie contract limits vs bloated deals mid-level veterans get make that a pretty good slot. I feel G Green and Diogu are the next best bets after Bogut. Therefore,getting either at our likely spot would be sweet. I could see a trade down to the Clips slot (12) where we may still get Diogu,and if not,can still grab Granger or Frye. I haerd recently,Diogu expects to stay in,though if underrated enough,maybe he pulls out. Oddly,NBA Draft.net fails to list him at all,though Draftcity has him at 13. That site still sees R McCants as lottery (fat chance),has J Hodge,Larry Roberts barely rd 2, yet left in round 1 several suspects who can't seem to look to poorly to drop.
    I'm going to lay off the round one stuff unless I get some reason I like a guy not yet dicussed,say someone is a surprise entry. I'm going to think more about trade/FA options,round 2.

16. REREM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">REREM, May probably has more skills under the basket than Taft but he's not going to get under the basket in the NBA like he does in the NCAA. Not to mention that in the NBA even if he is under the basket, a 6'11 to 7 footer would just have to put his hands up to make a shot difficult for May. I've also read that May is closer to 6'7 and if he is 6'7 or 6'8 he doesn't have the length or athleticism to make him a good undersized player. When you think of the succesful undersized big guys; Ben Wallace, Zach Randolf, Kenny Thomas, these guys are very athletic or can shoot the ball well. Not to mention that these guys have longer arms compared to their bodies than May does. May will probably be a servicable back-up similar to Tractor Traylor but nothing more.</div>
    Aside from bulk,Tractor never had the persistance,tactic,energy,May has. That May could be 6-81/2,not a true 6-9 is quite possible,a lot of guys,college and pro are-in reality 1/2-1 1/2 inches under what size we always hear about. Bet the farm May will be a good pro. I am not saying a GREAT pro,but he has some textbook skill some never learn,surprising stamina and the desire -work ethic too do far more than most to get better. As nobody he played was able to shut him down,I don't think MOST pros will find him easy to deal with. If he had 2" more,no doubt he'd be a top 5. As is,top 15 is pretty reasonable,and better than Taft? Bet the farm,unless Taft gets some really remarkable insight and inspiration and is suddenly Amare

17. Run BJM

You could be right but i just have some sort of gut feeling that he will be picked way earlier than he should be. I'd say he should go late 1st round but many people have him going mid 1st. He'd be great for some of the teams at the bottom of the draft who already have legit low post presence and need some nice skills off the bench. Just the fact that before the tourney i was hearing that he was coming back to NC and that he wasn't a top 3 guy on his team and after the tourney everyone thinks this guy will be a good future starter in the NBA. Its obvious that he knows that is stock will never be higher than it is now due to the fact that he declared soon after his championship game performance. I liked the point Kwan made about guys who had a great performance at the NCAA tourney and became busts, this seems like it could be a prime example of that.

18. REREM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kwan1031:</div><div class="quote_post">Without saying, what we need the most at this point is physical PF. To be exact, we need a shot blocking PF, who can add a defense presence in the middle the most. Then, we need an individual big man defender, who are capable of defending Duncan, KG, Stoudmire and so on. Then, we need a post up player, because even without decent post up game, we can still score. That's why I am not in either Diogu or May bandwagon. First, I never saw Diogu playing, and my opinion on him can be changed once I hear reports from camp or individual workout. However, there is no way 6'8" or smaller player will bring a decent defense presence in the middle, unless he becomes a first one in NBA history, and according to scouting report in nbadraft, I don't think he will be the one anytime soon. He may be a decent post up player, but what we really need is a defensive PF, not offensive PF without defensive ability. And, the same equation goes with May.

Also, I will be very careful to draft NCAA tourney heroes. Certainly, there has been plenty of euro busts in NBA. However, I can't recall one player, who raised his stock in tourney dramatically, and actually turned out to be alright. Lattner was a disappointment from his heroic in tourney, Drew (15th) was a big bust, C. Williamson (14th) became nothing but a role player, and the list goes on. Certainly, May was the man in NC. But, at the end, he still is a undersized and unathlathic PF in NBA. There is no way for me to draft him over Taft, when May will most likely be a role player at best...</div>
    Carmelo Anthony,Chris Webber,Grant Hill, Magic Johnson,P Ewing,Walton,Olajowon,Jordan,Worthy,Maurice Lucas,Jerry Lucas,Kareem,Bill Russell,Okeafor--all won the NCAA and did well as pros. None came outta nowhere,all were good,but so was May-look at the numbers for the season.

19. Zhone

Just my 2 cents on height: Adonal Foyle is really about only 6'9 and a bit without shoes. Not really a positive or negative on height in his case, but he's a pretty good defender even with his only mediocre leaping ability (although he does have good wingspan). It seems that a lot of it for him is just timing and coordination moreso than his pure physical tools. He's really thick too, which helps him get position for rebounds. May is lighter than Foyle, though Foyle is arguably a lot more muscle.

20. REREM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">You could be right but i just have some sort of gut feeling that he will be picked way earlier than he should be. I'd say he should go late 1st round but many people have him going mid 1st. He'd be great for some of the teams at the bottom of the draft who already have legit low post presence and need some nice skills off the bench. Just the fact that before the tourney i was hearing that he was coming back to NC and that he wasn't a top 3 guy on his team and after the tourney everyone thinks this guy will be a good future starter in the NBA. Its obvious that he knows that is stock will never be higher than it is now due to the fact that he declared soon after his championship game performance. I liked the point Kwan made about guys who had a great performance at the NCAA tourney and became busts, this seems like it could be a prime example of that.</div>
    With teams wanting a big guy,and some saying Martynas A can be top 5,when he is not good enough to start on a major college team, a guy who got results,is big,will get a boost. The best of the teenage Euroleague backups MIGHT in 3 years be good. May is ready to play well now and shows every sign he will get better. In a couple of years he won't look chubby.