Warriors vs. Bulls Nov. 9, 2005 (FSN 5:30)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kensaku:</div><div class="quote_post">While I agree, you really can't blame the refs. The Warriors needed to step it up even more, which is hard on a back-to-back road game. The bench needed to produce more than they did.</div>
    I thought the bench was fine. Pietrus got 13 points and 3 rebounds on relatively good shooting. Fisher got 15 pts, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals. Taft got 7 points 6 rebounds and a block. Zarko played like crap and Cheany is just invisible, I cant wait for Ike to come back, Zarko is REALLY dissapointing.

2. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">I thought the bench was fine. Pietrus got 13 points and 3 rebounds on relatively good shooting. Fisher got 15 pts, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals. Taft got 7 points 6 rebounds and a block. Zarko played like crap and Cheany is just invisible, I cant wait for Ike to come back, Zarko is REALLY dissapointing.</div>

Sorry, you're absolutely right. I had a few too many drinks tonight. I was specifically talking about Zarko.

3. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

Can you guys recount all the bad calls the refs had against the Warriors? Let's see,
    1) J-Rich gets stepped on the ankle by Chandler, ball rolls out of bounds, Chicago ball.
    2) Pietrus gets a steal, fast break with Zarko, passes off to Zarko for an easy layin, basket called off because Pietrus supposedly ran into the defender out of control.
    3) Chandler does a dribble hand off while moving his back while Derek Fisher runs into it, no call for offensive foul.
    4) Chandler sets a pick and moves his elbow outwards and almost decapitates Fisher, no call for offensive foul.

4. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">Can you guys recount all the bad calls the refs had against the Warriors? Let's see,
    1) J-Rich gets stepped on the ankle by Chandler, ball rolls out of bounds, Chicago ball.
    2) Pietrus gets a steal, fast break with Zarko, passes off to Zarko for an easy layin, basket called off because Pietrus supposedly ran into the defender out of control.
    3) Chandler does a dribble hand off while moving his back while Derek Fisher runs into it, no call for offensive foul.
    4) Chandler sets a pick and moves his elbow outwards and almost decapitates Fisher, no call for offensive foul.</div>

The NBA fusses about it's image and allows blind babboons to ref-but compensates with a dress code. Okay,having players dress up like pimps ain't right,but the integrity of the sport is at risk if refs get to make up rules,ignore rules,or just guess at calls the folks in the nosebleed seats could see.[​IMG]

The W's lost by 1,Fish was our leading rebounder and Murphy-Dunleavy combined for 1-12 from 3. The Bulls must have WANTED to give us this game,we just stubbornly refused to take it. [​IMG] High % shots....is it such a difficult concept?[​IMG]

5. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting REREM:</div><div class="quote_post">High % shots....is it such a difficult concept?[​IMG]</div>

[​IMG]

Basketball really is a SIMPLE game. But, for whatever reason, the NBA players refuse to make it so.

6. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">Can you guys recount all the bad calls the refs had against the Warriors? Let's see,
    4) Chandler sets a pick and moves his elbow outwards and almost decapitates Fisher, no call for offensive foul.</div>
    I dont know if either of the last two were the inbound play where Chandler hooked him and when he let go Fisher accidentally fouled the shooter on a 3 pointer. That one really hurt, especially when Chandler clearly grabbed Fisher, it wasnt even subtle.

7. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

As we saw, perimeter shooting can only do so much. When they were shooting horribly in the second half, it was obvious they need someone in the post who can score on high % shots. But with no inside threat, if the Warriors go cold, they stay cold.

8. openglfx

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">I dont know if either of the last two were the inbound play where Chandler hooked him and when he let go Fisher accidentally fouled the shooter on a 3 pointer. That one really hurt, especially when Chandler clearly grabbed Fisher, it wasnt even subtle.</div>

I believe it was number 4 where Fisher gets cooked and then Ben Gordon gets fouled hitting a 3 pointer. I'm not even sure if Fisher had regained his balance yet because of getting checked across the neck.

9. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

IKE...get well SOON!

10. Run BJM

We just coasted after we had the 10 point lead after the first half. I'm still blaming Monty for putting in a "coasting" lineup with Taft, Zarko, Pietrus, Cheany, no Richardson or Baron. This team really shouldnt play ANY minutes without either Jason or Baron, if we do we have to have Murphy in there so at least we dont give up 7 offensive rebounds on 2 possessions. Hopefully the team learns that shooting isnt going to save you, even if you have a nice lead. I still saw no plays called, Monty has finally caught on to a seemingly new technology called the pic n' roll but that alone wont win you too many games. The guy is so dense, no timing or logic, he just throws random guys in and hopes someone goes on fire. Doesnt even have the balls to tell his team to stop shooting 3's, I'm pretty sure we used the same inbound play twice in a row on the game defining possession which is a no-no to me. Overall we should just try to get to the rim more, the deep shots are really killing the team. End rant....for now.

11. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Actually I thought that changing the lineup was the right thing to do. Our starters were launching 3s when they should've been attacking the hoop. When playing back to back games on the road the team needs to know to get to the hoop. The legs simply won't be there for the long jumpers.

12. jzblaze

jzblaze JBB JustBBall Member

wth happened i had to miss the game!!! we were up by 10 in the 3rd when i turned off my radio!!! crap!!!

13. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Baron did not seem like his regular self, although he still filled up the stat sheet well. He needs to be the one getting in the lane when they fall in love with the 3 ball. I guess its hard when you're sitting on the bench for half of the 4th quater.

14. openglfx

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Baron did not seem like his regular self, although he still filled up the stat sheet well. He needs to be the one getting in the lane when they fall in love with the 3 ball. I guess its hard when you're sitting on the bench for half of the 4th quater.</div>

Couldn't you tell he's playing injured? If he wasn't injured he would've drove at will. No chance in hell the Bulls would pull this one out. He was very slow and favoring his hammy. In the end, poor shot selection, settling for the 3 and jumpers too much. They should've just pounded it inside.

15. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    Not only was he playing injured, but the starters all played heavy minutes the night before. Zarko, Pietrus, and the fellas needed to go at the hoop and at the least draw a foul or two. That breaks up the run and gets some of the players out of the game.

16. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting CohanHater:</div><div class="quote_post">Not only was he playing injured, but the starters all played heavy minutes the night before. Zarko, Pietrus, and the fellas needed to go at the hoop and at the least draw a foul or two. That breaks up the run and gets some of the players out of the game.</div>

+1

It was just an ugly game with a few bright spots. I'll be at the game this Friday and I am hoping we can stomp the Knicks and play OUR style, not Larry Brown's slow-down style.

17. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Saw the replay of last night's final play five times now. I know the refs like to swallow their whistle at the end of games and let players get away with more than usual. However, the foul on JRich was blatant and you have to blow the whistle even though it's against the home team. Tough loss.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Instant replay:

Golden State's Jason Richardson missed his attempt at a game-winning basket as time ran out, and Tyson Chandler's towering 7-foot-1-inch frame had a lot to do with it.

Chandler's defensive stop looked eerily familiar to the play he attempted against New Jersey's Richard Jefferson on Saturday. Chandler was called for a foul on that try, and Jefferson's three-point play gave New Jersey the victory with less than two seconds to go.

"I was looking around like, `Are you about to call something?'" Chandler said of his successful stop. "I was just glad to get the win."</div>

Source

18. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

Oh my god we need Ike badly. Getting Zarko off the floor would be amazing let alone get someone who shoots a high %.

Fisher has been solid. No complaints about that guy.

Foyle played 2 good games NY & Mil but came back to his former self last night. Can that guy catch a basketball? Seriously!! He'll have his good moments but he's not a starter. We don't really have one right now but Mullin's gotta do something to get someone bigger who can catch.

Taft is looking very good. Not ready for big minutes but down the stretch he will get them. Great hands, looking thinner, playing with heart.

19. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

It's sad when the old man Alonzo who had a kidney transplant is getting way better numbers than Foyle, and that guy is a back up. He's getting double doubles and had like 7 blocks yesterday!

Anyway, I feel we should play Miles and Fisher more. I really want to see Baron fresh on the court with a fully healed hamstring. Playing 30 mins a night does not help a injured hamstring.

20. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    What problem did you have with Foyle? He's not an offensive minded center. He consistently changed shots, blocked a few, Knocked 3 or 4 balls out of bounds, and put the ball back when he needed to be. I thought he looked pretty good yesterday. If you think a starting center needs to put in 15 a night, then you're sorely mistaken. Simply put, Foyle is the only true defensive body that we have in the front line. You don't run the ball through the center when you have the style of team that we have. Both of our Guards are talented and Baron penetrates, and JRich plays the high post. Once Diogu comes back, Foyle will be the perfect center to play alongside him.