Warriors vs. Bulls Nov. 9, 2005 (FSN 5:30)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Nov 9, 2005.

1. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I agree that Diogu will complement Foyle. But we don't have Diogu right now, and therefore almost no post players at all. I wish Foyle improved his inside game to attract double teams, which would help other players. Points in the paint are sorely lacking, I wish he was a little more aggresive in the post instead of kicking it out everytime he catches (when his hands allow him to) the ball. Fortunately Taft has been a good back up, hard t believe we picked him up so late in 2nd round.

2. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting AnimeFANatic:</div><div class="quote_post">It's sad when the old man Alonzo who had a kidney transplant is getting way better numbers than Foyle, and that guy is a back up. He's getting double doubles and had like 7 blocks yesterday!

Anyway, I feel we should play Miles and Fisher more. I really want to see Baron fresh on the court with a fully healed hamstring. Playing 30 mins a night does not help a injured hamstring.</div>

Well, considering Shaq is out for a month, Zo's not really a back-up anymore. Regardless, it'd be nice if Foyle started doing something offensively...catching the ball and putting it in the little hole above his head would be nice.

3. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

Makes no sense how Diogu will compliment Foyle. How? Foyle will still bobble every pass out of bounds. The man gets point blank looks from Baron and still bobbles everything, Diogu won't change that. If we would get a center that didn't block as many shots but scored a few more points, grabbed a few more rebounds, stronger lower body that would be a huge push. Murphy can't grab every single rebound since he's playing defense now.

Diogu + Murph > Foyle + Diogu

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AnimeFANatic:</div><div class="quote_post">It's sad when the old man Alonzo who had a kidney transplant is getting way better numbers than Foyle, and that guy is a back up. He's getting double doubles and had like 7 blocks yesterday!

Anyway, I feel we should play Miles and Fisher more. I really want to see Baron fresh on the court with a fully healed hamstring. Playing 30 mins a night does not help a injured hamstring.</div>

In all fairness, Alonzo Mourning was an allstar caliber player. I don't think Adonal could ever live up to that even if Zo was 50 years old.

5. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Does anyone else watch these Warriors games as if they are playoff games? I have seen 3 at a local bar/restaurant. It started with just three warrior fans, we had 7 W fans against the bulls. Anyways, I have watched every game and I have taken the losses pretty hard and have gone crazy when they have won (especially Bucks game). I guess its because of our playoff drought and everygame seems like a must win if we are so make the playoffs.

6. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

You forgot to mention Zo used to be an allstar and Foyle is still an undersized center, if anything, he's actually pretty decent for his size at defending the paint and blocking shots. When the Warriors picked him up, I don't think they were looking for offensive production anyways, they probably wanted a strong inside defensive presence along with hustle. On the bright side, so far Adonal has higher FT and FG%. Heh..

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">You forgot to mention Zo used to be an allstar and Foyle is still an undersized center, if anything, he's actually pretty decent for his size at defending the paint and blocking shots. When the Warriors picked him up, I don't think they were looking for offensive production anyways, they probably wanted a strong inside defensive presence along with hustle. On the bright side, so far Adonal has higher FT and FG%. Heh..</div>

Hey, I said that [​IMG]

8. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Does anyone else watch these Warriors games as if they are playoff games? I have seen 3 at a local bar/restaurant. It started with just three warrior fans, we had 7 W fans against the bulls. Anyways, I have watched every game and I have taken the losses pretty hard and have gone crazy when they have won (especially Bucks game). I guess its because of our playoff drought and everygame seems like a must win if we are so make the playoffs.</div>

I am sure fans are taking game by game more seriously, because each game matters more, but players are certainly taking loss hard. When we lost first game, there was a shouting match in the locker room, and when we lost against Chicago, both Monty and Richardson were fined by 25,000 and 20,000 each. Man, I would hate to see what will happen when we lose our 3rd game [​IMG]