Warriors vs. Hawks November 2nd (FSN) 7:30 PST

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by .cabangbang, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kwan1031:</div><div class="quote_post">Allowed 11 offensive rebound and turned the ball over 12 times.

At least Dunleavy matched his TO with points + rebounding + assist. Nice way to respond right after signing the big fat contract.

Hope we can turn the game around in second half...</div>
    I think Murphy you can justify what he made because he's a rare double double player that is competitve in rebounding compared to other forwards in the league. Dunleavy... I dunno what the heck he does that's competitive to other small forwards. He's just not all that noticeable sometimes, but I think it's because he's streaky. He'll have 3 or 4 nights like this, and maybe a 5th night where he just rocks and it's only after the guards have set the tone first. I'm not all that enthused with Dunleavy being around for 5 years for that much when no team is really asking to trade for the guy.

2. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Right now, Pietrus should be on the floor in place of Cheany or Dunleavy. I'm more confused by how Cheany got in ahead of Pietrus... Montgomery must've smoked some funky stuff.

3. AnimeFANatic

You guys see Baron's face? Not too happy...

4. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

We're finally hitting the threes. Im not happy that we rely so much on those damn outside shots but its getting us back in the game fast.

I agree with ouy AnimeFanatic, all of Cheany's minutes so far should have been Pietrus's. Pietrus was actually having a pretty good game in his measly 8 minutes that he has gotten. Cheany knows and accepts his role as an end-of-the-bench veteran; its Monty who doesnt.

And the Warriors take the lead as i type this!!!1!!11

5. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

We are living and dying by the 3. We will never be good team if this is how we continue to play. We really need Diogu.

Warriors down by 2?

6. Run BJM

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! BARON IS INJURED! God is NOT a Warriors fan.

On a happier note J-Rich gets his second block whilst jumping completely over Salim Stoudamire. Pure nasty.

7. AnimeFANatic

In the first game too...

8. BDiddyJRich

BDiddyJRich JBB JustBBall Member

Please God don't do this.

Please let it be something really, really minor.

9. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

What happened? Hamstring?

10. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">What happened? Hamstring?</div>
    Most likely, he was grabbing the back of his thigh which would probably indicate hamstring.

11. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

crap.. is he really injured???? WOW HOW DID WE GO UP BY SO MUCH?!

12. Custodianrules2

Well you take the good with the bad. Baron is injury prone and always has been. That's why we got him for relatively nothing. I already took a chance on him in my fantasy draft trading fg% for steals.

13. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">crap.. is he really injured???? WOW HOW DID WE GO UP BY SO MUCH?!</div>
    Hopefully its just a cramp. And we went on a 21-2 run, those tend to help in these situations.

14. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">crap.. is he really injured???? WOW HOW DID WE GO UP BY SO MUCH?!</div>

27-4 run

15. Run BJM

Fisher is playing very Baron Davis like. Dishing and driving and getting to the line at will!!!! Maybe Baron being out of the lineup for a week is just what we need in order to figure out how we play when Baorn is out.

Miles just entered, now all active Warirors have played.

Also, another of our keys to the run we've made: W's are 9 for 9 in FTs in the 3rd Q, Hawks are 0/0.

16. Custodianrules2

The other thing too besides making foul shots is we're starting to be more active with the smaller lineup. Troy Murphy is sitting, Mike Dunleavy is playing power forward, Chris Taft is center. We've got Pietrus, Fisher, Aaron Miles as sf, sg, pg. I've always advocated for a 3-guard lineup because we don't have any high post centers/power forwards or post up guys. So, I guess we use Dunleavy as the set up man at power forward and let the guards run around and terrorize people. As a team we crash the boards and use quickness to make things happen on defense.

17. AnimeFANatic

Pietrus is doing very well! God I hope we sign him

18. Custodianrules2

Nice defense by the Warriors backcourt. It fuels the turnover and the warriors go running for a Fisher to Pietrus dunk. They had to stop the play because Pietrus rocked the rim so hard it kept shaking.

Same thing again. Trapped the ballhandler and picked the ball from him. Fisher taps the ball and goes to Taft for the breakaway Dunk

Wow, all this and we took out Foyle and Murphy to play 3-guard lineup. Nice! Dunleavy playing power forward is actually a good idea I think. Especially because we've got two or three finishers in Pietrus, Richardson, and Taft and a good distance shooter in Fisher at shooting guard.

19. BDiddyJRich

BDiddyJRich JBB JustBBall Member

Taft is doing very well for being as raw as he is. 2 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks.

I think something happened between Biedrins and Montgomery. After picking up those 2 fouls in 1 minute and being sent to the bench, Andris had a real sad look on his face. He was also being comforted by Davis on the bench.

20. Run BJM

More impressive play by Taft. Looked nice even though he missed that fading shot in the lane, runs the floor EXTREMELY well, he kept right up with Pietrus on the last break for a Taft monster dunk. I'm really starting to like him, obviouisly Monty is too since Biedrins has only played 1 minute. I like having another young serviceable center as our current twosome tends to get into alot of foul trouble. Taft brings great athleticism along with pretty solid defense and similar offense to Biedrins.

Monty really doesnt seem to like the Euros much, Fisher still got more minutes than Pietrus, Cabarkapa got 4 minutes, and Biedrins got 1. I thought Cabarkapa played pretty decently, Biedrins got those 2 fouls in a minute but he still could have played any time in the 3rd Q.