Warriors vs. Jazz Nov. 25 6:00 PM FSN

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Nov 25, 2005.

1. mylie10

mylie10 JBB JustBBall Member

Agreed on the Raptors.

We need to make sure Rose, Bosh, and Villanueva don't go off. Also Bonner does to us what Harpring does to us. Some guys just have us at their mercy.

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Duckmyster:</div><div class="quote_post">openglfx:

I must have miss that but we can all agree that it was a fortunet call for us</div>

Well, consider it a make up call for all of the horrible calls that have gone against us contributing to us losing some games we should have won...

3. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, consider it a make up call for all of the horrible calls that have gone against us contributing to us losing some games we should have won...</div>

I don't remember saying that, did you misquote it?

4. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't remember saying that, did you misquote it?</div>

I quoted DuckyMaster but he was addressing that to you. I was addressing him calling the foul a bogus call...

5. Warriorfansnc93

I hope we just kill the Raptors as bad as the Spurs killed us. We need to vent some frustration and let Diogu get some more minutes...

6. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Great night to be a Dubs fan. Clippers lost to the Nuggets, Kings are losing in the fourth to the Raptors. Hopefully we wont underestimate the Raps, they are a very energetic team with some nice offensive scorers.

7. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

Finally we've witnessed MDJ at his best, bombing a 3, taking it to the rack getting raked across the head and hit both FT's, then dishing it off the D-Fish for the clutch 3.

8. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

We're playing the Raptors tomorrow? Damn I guess I better get Joey Graham in my fantasy lineup since forwards seems to kick butt against us.

9. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">Finally we've witnessed MDJ at his best, bombing a 3, taking it to the rack getting raked across the head and hit both FT's, then dishing it off the D-Fish for the clutch 3.</div>

For some reason this made me laugh. He really did get hacked pretty hard by Harp and it was definetely the right call to make. It was encouraging to see Baron dunk it with two hands too.

10. Custodianrules2

Anyway, the reason I'm bagging on Murphy and Foyle so much lately is because the game of basketball should be about ball movement and sound inside and outside play. The ball goes in, the ball comes back out, the floor is spaced out properly, and there's room to move the ball side to side or back inside or do whatever. Either way, the goal is to get a guy wide open so Fisher, Dunleavy, Baron, Richardson or whoever can nail that shot a lot easier than off the dribble or trying to beat the zone.

If there's no inside play because our big guys stay out on the perimeter or they can't even catch the damn ball or pass or make layups, the ball never goes in in the first place or never comes back out to the setup guy. That's why we're such a one or two pass team. If there's nowhere reliable to go to inside it just forces the team into less options and predictable offense. That's why we needed a motion type offense with the center controlling the ball from the high post to get Bdiddy/Dunleavy in rhythm with easy lay-ins, or somebody like Diogu to get deep position in that paint every single trip down and keep the other team near the paint ready to help out.

I'm just impatient with the Murphy and Foyle tandem because there's no better options to replace them at the moment. No player is perfect is though, but I just think we need a guy that is fundamentally sound and actually plays like a big man should. One that packs a solid midrange J with the ability to go inside, can block shots, rebound, is strong, plays physical, has the footwork to do a variety of things near the basket on either side of the rim, makes good decisions and is fundamentally sound. If Ike Diogu is that it's finally a breath of fresh air because our offense just sucks and we can't play open court ball every trip down because it's a momentum type game in which our defense takes a major hit because we slow it down in order to play defense. If we didn't play defense, we'd still be living and dying by the blasted 3-ball, which only is good if the W's are feeling it and there's enough dribble penetration to get a guy open (it's one reason we go small and sacrifice rebounding because the quicker lineup makes guys harder to contain and therefore creates opportunities for catch and shoot shooters).

Diogu is starting to look like a dream come true because who else has there been that was physically like him and had the I.Q., skills, power, and finesse?

11. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kensaku:</div><div class="quote_post">For some reason this made me laugh. He really did get hacked pretty hard by Harp and it was definetely the right call to make. It was encouraging to see Baron dunk it with two hands too.</div>
    And Dun made a game changing 3-pointer too after getting flagrantly fouled.

I think he got fouled hard but I bet he was acting some as well. I mean at Duke they teach you that. On a handcheck Dunleavy would throw his head back and yell out.

Barnett must be in heaven right now.

12. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Barnett must be in heaven right now.</div>

[​IMG]
    I bet he came in his pants when Dunleavy hit that three.

13. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

LOL I JUST WATCHED THE 4TH QUARTER (recorded) AND WEN DUNLEAVY GOT PUNCHED IT LIKE WOKE HIM UP. lol he made 2 free throws, and then a 3. wow we shuld start punching dunleavy before the game XD then he can make it lol

14. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AnimeFANatic:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]
    I bet he came in his pants when Dunleavy hit that three.</div>
    Maybe. But I bet he also had his pants around his ankles and the jergens in hand (while hopping through the doorway) by the time he got home to catch the tivo of the play.

I'm sure Barnett was just feeling proud like an adoptive father would be instead of some old guy with an unhealthy admiration of the dude's throwback style of game and textbook shooting form.

EDIT: I'm sure Barnett is in a hotel right now, unless he's flying back tonight.

15. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

great game

i was sooo pissed watching the first 3 quarters...but it's a great sign that we can come back from such horrible play. going to the game tomorrow, i'd like to see an ass whoopin.

by the way, ike is the man.

16. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 707to805:</div><div class="quote_post">by the way, ike is the man.</div>
    That he is. I got sort of pissed when hes in great position in the key but no one passes to him. Its like we have to run through our first, second, third options before anyone is willing to give him the ball. I'm surprised by how good he is and I was on his bandwagon before, I just didnt expect him to come in and dominate on 7-2 Ostertag and 6-11 Jarron Collins (who seemed scared and tried to flop every time Diogu got the ball in the post). I wonder how long it will be before Ike gets a starting job, hes already proving to be probably our best true big man with low post scoring, shot blocking, etc.

The one thing I seem a little worried about is his rebounding ability. If there are 3 or 4 guys under the basket fighting for a rebound it seems like he gets stuck down in the bottom and can only get one hand up. Maybe he is just going to have to learn different ways to rebound in the NBA. There were alot of times though where he boxed out his guy and another Warrior came out of nowhere to steal the rebound practically right out of his hands.

If we could just use him as our first option for the second unit we could let him work in the low post and kick it to Fish/Dun/Pietrus on the perimiter if he gets in trouble. If he stays consistent and proves he can score on most PF/Cs I'm sure Monty would be itching to get him in the starting lineup.

17. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe. But I bet he also had his pants around his ankles and the jergens in hand (while hopping through the doorway) by the time he got home to catch the tivo of the play.

I'm sure Barnett was just feeling proud like an adoptive father would be instead of some old guy with an unhealthy admiration of the dude's throwback style of game and textbook shooting form.

EDIT: I'm sure Barnett is in a hotel right now, unless he's flying back tonight.</div>

Okay, you guys need to stop with the visuals![​IMG]

18. Warriorsfan

I think we won only cuz the referees were nice to us? lol

19. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Why do you say that? What calls did you think went the Warriors way? I thought it was a fair game. Dunleavy got clotheslined in the face, hows that not a flagrant foul?

20. Warriorsfan

yeah i think it was a fair game. but i dont no why i thought that, maybe its cuz before all the other games, the referees were against warriors, and this time the referees were nice [​IMG]