Warriors vs. Kings Nov. 30, 7:30pm FSN+

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Nah, there's a few fans that will adamantly stick up for Dunleavy, especially when he quietly put up 19 today. He's got a nice approach to the game, but he plays too soft and cautiously which is one reason why he is so darn inconsistent. I hate that. Sometimes the extra movement should be coming from him because it fakes out people or freezes them up, but instead most nights he looks like he's sleepwalking or just going through the motions. He had balls in tonight's game and made those shots.

Foyle... sometimes he's just a dumbass. I can't explain it.

Jrich winces a lot. I don't know what it is or whether he's playing through an injury he's not talking about, but damn he can't wear out now. I can imagine him aching quite a bit. I swear the guy has been everywhere. He's like a machine. He's like the heart and soul of the Warriors. Baron Davis is a strong franchise piece, but Jrich is out doing everything and playing with heart. When we need rebounds, he rebounds. When we need scoring from other guys he sets them up. When we need shotblock presence he'll swat shots. That's why I like Jrich so much because he's so underrated. His handle and inside scoring has even gotten better too.</div>

Dunleavy still becomes invisible time to time, but as long as he made himself visible in 4th quarter or any key moment, I would be happy. Quietly, Dunleavy had number of key moments at 4th quarter in this season. A lot of growth since he airballed 3 pts at the buzzer in last year.

Hehe, Foyle proves that IQ and basketball IQ has no relationship. I was really worried that Miller would eat him alive today. But, he managed to put up quality numbers.

I think Richardson just winces when things doesn't go as he expected, like missing jumpers [​IMG]. Davis may be the driver, but Richardson really has been an engine for this club. Quietly, Richardson became as valuable as Davis for this club. His impact isn't quite like superstars, but he certainly is worthy of being All-Star this season. If Davis improves his stats, both Davis and Richardson may make All-Star this season...

2. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I love Foyle when he does the unexpected, but damn he's got the lowest basketball I.Q. sometimes. He gave up a 3 point play to Miller.</div>
    Sometimes I feel we rant too much, ballers are human. Sure they get paid millions, he's hustling his ass off to play D but we still talk smack about him. Sad isn't it. You can't have a perfect game, you get some you lose some.

3. openglfx

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Game over, Warriors own the Pacific Division!</div>
    I think we're still .02 percentage points behind the Clips. Still second.

4. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Not much to say but it was very satisfying to see them win.

Go Dunleavy!

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Well the Clippers lost tonight, so I think Warriors are in sole possession of 1st place by a half game.

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post"> I noticed Dunleavy disappeared a little on offense after that hard foul. Hopefully he continues to chisel the body and add some mass so he's not as reluctant to draw contact.</div>
    I think it's all in Dunleavy's head with his unwillingness to drive (the fact he's not physical at all and the refs always call charges on him). He's just a soft player who isn't very strong going inside. Adding more mass would just make him slower than he already is. Even at 230 lb, 6'9" over Rasual Butler's 6'7" 205 lbs, he won't even post up so you can tell he's not a physical player that invites contact. He's like a baseball player that's afraid of the ball so he won't get in the batter's box all the way.

That's just a waste to not have that part of his inside game unlocked. Dun can score with either hand, but he will not post up on the block on anyone unless it's a 6'2 guard. When he's driving he shys away from contact. When there's space to drive, he's too afraid of getting offensive fouls so he just stops.

7. Kwan1031

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">I think we're still .02 percentage points behind the Clips. Still second.</div>

Heh, I thought we were only half game behind Clippers before today's game. If we are behind Clippers, that's better. Let's hide behind Clippers as much as possible...

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Just checked the boxscore, 8 rebounds in 2 minutes for Biedrins, is that accurate?

9. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">Sometimes I feel we rant too much, ballers are human. Sure they get paid millions, he's hustling his ass off to play D but we still talk smack about him. Sad isn't it. You can't have a perfect game, you get some you lose some.</div>
    Fans are human too, though, so I gotta emote and rant. [​IMG] If this was a close game, Foyle could have potentially blown it by fouling a 3-point shooter. He fouls out, he stops the clock. We were lucky, though. If the Warriors want to be a serious team they have to play serious and not make stupid mistakes that can give the other team the advantage.

The stakes are high this year because of all the salary that is committed to the team's budget and if the guys who make the money are blowing it or can't deliver, they get the blame. Any high paying career has that level of responsbility to shoulder and all the pressure that comes with it. As long as the owner is happy and the fans are happy (because they are the one that pay for tickets and merchandise) things aren't that bad.

Anyway Foyle did well today. But man talk about bad timing and more like a product of Baron's passing and teamwork to get the rebounds. Also, it is not the first time Foyle has done something kind of stupid in late game minutes. I worry if he'll do something to blow it in the postseason if we get there.

10. Kwan1031

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Just checked the boxscore, 8 rebounds in 2 minutes for Biedrins, is that accurate?</div>

6 mins with 8 rebounds. Meh, only 64 rebounding night if he played 48 mins...

11. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Eh, lets not be too hard on the guy. He had the best game of the season and the Warriors beat our closest interstate rival. Life is good right now, lets just let this one slide...

I am going to bed GO WARRIORS!

12. Custodianrules2

Well this feels really good. Andris Biedrins is back to his normal self. Jrich was unstoppable. Baron was back to his normal self on hitting those three point shots and racking out Steve Nash number of assists. Dunleavy came alive in big minutes. Murphy had some good plays. Foyle was doing well for a guy that normally doesn't score that much or catch many passes. And those loud Kings fans that pile up at the Arena in Oakland go home frowning. Yeee-yahhh!

13. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

You know what is cool? Dunleavy is hitting shots now we expected him to hit when he was a rookie. It is about time...

Props to Dunleavy for stringing together a few double digit scoring games and hitting some big shots in 4th quarters that give us momentum in games even when he is not shooting well up to that point...

14. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Fans are human too, though, so I gotta emote and rant. [​IMG] If this was a close game, Foyle could have potentially blown it by fouling a 3-point shooter. He fouls out, he stops the clock. We were lucky, though. If the Warriors want to be a serious team they have to play serious and not make stupid mistakes that can give the other team the advantage.

The stakes are high this year because of all the salary that is committed to the team's budget and if the guys who make the money are blowing it or can't deliver, they get the blame. Any high paying career has that level of responsbility to shoulder and all the pressure that comes with it. As long as the owner is happy and the fans are happy (because they are the one that pay for tickets and merchandise) things aren't that bad.

Anyway Foyle did well today. But man talk about bad timing and more like a product of Baron's passing and teamwork to get the rebounds. Also, it is not the first time Foyle has done something kind of stupid in late game minutes. I worry if he'll do something to blow it in the postseason if we get there.</div>

Take it easy on Big O! [​IMG]

He came up huge tonight and he knows he messed up on that foul, but without his offensive effort, the W's wouldn't have won or won by that margin.

Also, Miller hit that 3 from the corner, which probably prompted the W's to play the perimeter threat a little tighter. That was a pretty good fake by Miller too and he deserves credit for drawing the foul. He's got a nice, quick set shot that can be dangerous.

15. Custodianrules2

Man, I love the fact the Kings fans here at JBB are awesome. No talking smack or anything. We got some cool Kings fans here.

No King fan posted here yet, but I'm sure some have browsed through.

Wow I just browsed the Kings forum and it's like nobody is there. Where did they all go?

16. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I feel Baron will pass Nash in assists this season eventually. Davis can rack up the assists easier than Nash IMO, it's just so easy for him.

17. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">You know what is cool? Dunleavy is hitting shots now we expected him to hit when he was a rookie. It is about time...

Props to Dunleavy for stringing together a few double digit scoring games and hitting some big shots in 4th quarters that give us momentum in games even when he is not shooting well up to that point...</div>

The way I will gauge Dunleavy earning his new money is if he is in the game when the game ends. He's been doing well lately.

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kensaku:</div><div class="quote_post">Take it easy on Big O! [​IMG]

He came up huge tonight and he knows he messed up on that foul, but without his offensive effort, the W's wouldn't have won or won by that margin.

Also, Miller hit that 3 from the corner, which probably prompted the W's to play the perimeter threat a little tighter. That was a pretty good fake by Miller too and he deserves credit for drawing the foul. He's got a nice, quick set shot that can be dangerous.</div>
    I guess you're right, Ken. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. Miller was hitting everything too.

19. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Technically we're 1 back in the loss column, so the Clips have the potential to have a better record so they'll be in first, at leat for 1 more game.

20. openglfx

I hope the Cavs take the Clips again this Saturday. BTW, did you guys notice Corety Magette is huge as hell? I saw him matched up against J-Rich and he made J-Rich look like a high school kid.