Warriors vs. Pistons, 12/09/05-7:30 (FSNBA)

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Todd$haw, Dec 9, 2005.

1. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

man..fisher really pissed me off when he was chucking all those shots earlier in the 4th period...the defensive player all up on him and he just throws it up

2. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Fish misses by 1 1/2" and tat's the game... so I'm drinkin' to a noble effort and it's good that i'm already home.

3. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

Man if Dunleavy fouled Ben, we'd atleast see OT.

4. openglfx

Then again, think about it guys, Murph and Foyle both were playing with the flu. We damn near had em.

5. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Tough loss, but at least they've been competive until letting it slip away in the fourth the last two games. The warriors had been playing very well in the 4th against the less experienced teams. The Suns and Piston experience here won them the game or it could be the fact the warriors choked. I would say because of experience though.

6. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Great game, Pistons turned on their defense in the fourth quarter and the Warriors made stupid plays all throughout the game (most of which were Adonal Foyle's doing though). No complaints about Monty from me, if you can believe that. Diogu played well but lost the ball a few times, Dunleavy also had a nice game coming up clutch a few times. J-Rich was unstoppable and Baron had a ton of assists. Biedrins didnt play but Ike was playing well and we were winning almost the entire game so I have no problem with his DNP. Great effort by the Warriors but the Pistons' experience and ability to close out games really gave them the edge in this game.

Oh, and another horrible game by that officiating crew (Spooner, Zarba, and some other guy). These guys give the most BS "superstar" calls of any officiating team.

7. openglfx

Poor officiating done us in once again. Did you guys notice Murpgh did a better job defending Sheed than Foyle did?

8. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Wow great game. But I keep dwelling on that Foyle missed dunk for some reason. It was wide open and uncontested, how could he miss, flu or not flu? *CLANK!* Boooooooooooo! That's a half dozen times I've seen him miss easy dunks. NBA players aren't supposed to suck that bad offensively Christ, he needs a miracle in order to score sometimes. Also Sheed was just toying with Foyle it was pretty embarassing. He had the ball behind Foyle's neck daring him to steal it. Man he got humilated big time.

What a game by Jason Richardson though. What a stud.

Thanks toddshaw for making the game thread. What a heartbreaker because we could have won.

9. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Yeah, I thought Foyle should have just raised his arms in the air and jumped back when Sheed did that. That was pretty pathetic. I'll give poor Foyle the benefit of the doubt since he was sick. We know he can play better than that.

Dunleavy is starting to earn his money, somewhat. He can clearly become a fan favorite if he keeps hitting big shots. I was also really impressed with Fisher in the first half, but he kinda stunk it up in the second half sans his last second miracle shot that almost went in.

This is the first time the W's have lost two in a row, but I'm glad we lost it to two elite teams. I think the W's will grow from these losses (at least I am hopeful they will). Execution and taking care of the ball is key.

10. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm liking that Dunleavy is becoming more aggresive. Hes driving to the basket alot more which is very encouraging beause he is one of our best free throw shooters but before he was too afraid of contact to risk his body like that. It took some balls to lob up those couple of deep 3's he shot at the end of the third and nail them. Now that hes out of his slump we're seeing some of the things he was doing in the preseason when his shot was falling. The muscle he put on over the summer likely helps his ability to finish after contact, even if not hes got to be more confident now.

11. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

I really dislike Rasheed and all of his whining but I just want you Piston Fans to know that after watching him in person Friday night, he is one of the most fundamentally sound players I have ever seen. He hardly does anything wrong. He makes good passes, plays good D and makes clutch shots. His play in the post the last 3 minutes was textbook.

He still whined all game but he has game.

12. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Rasheed's efforts on D are questionable. There were several times when he just let the opposing player pass by him; he just gave up. Maybe it was just last night, but I don't think his D is that great in terms of effort.