Warriors vs. Sonics, Dec. 13, 7:00PM FSN

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

Yesss Record For December 2-2 Now [​IMG]

2. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

I'm glad they pulled it out in the end, but I can't say I was too confident. I think it's a good sign that they can pull out the close ones against average teams, but then again this shouldn't have been as close as it was.

Now if they can pull these types of games off against the elite...

3. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Gohn:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm glad they pulled it out in the end, but I can't say I was too confident. I think it's a good sign that they can pull out the close ones against average teams, but then again this shouldn't have been as close as it was.

Now if they can pull these types of games off against the elite...</div>

No kidding. Once again, we are beating the teams we should beat. Nothing against Seattle, its just based off their record thus far...

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Wow what a fun game. Fisher was absolutely incredible tonight. Although Baron had the big play to win the game, Fisher was superb. Dunleavy/Murphy have both been huge factors for this ball club as well in tonight's game.

Monty also had a great play out of that timeout earlier on with the Bdidy alley oop feed from Fisher. That was pure money!

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Foyle made a couple of clutch defensive plays. It would have been nice if he grabbed a few more defensive boards earlier but I'll take it.

6. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Foyle made a couple of clutch defensive plays. It would have been nice if he grabbed a few more defensive boards earlier but I'll take it.</div>
    Yeah it's too bad he's too busy running around to ever establish good position to get the rebounds. Then when he does, let's hope he doesn't mishandle the ball.

7. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Duckmyster:</div><div class="quote_post">somebody needs to pop fortson on the chops. He's just fouling left and right.</div>

Take a good look at Fortson....Who the hell wants to pop that dude? He makes Mike Tyson look like that TacoBell dog.[​IMG]

8. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Danny Fortson = Evil Goon

9. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

REREM
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Take a good look at Fortson....Who the hell wants to pop that dude? He makes Mike Tyson look like that TacoBell dog</div>
    I know what you mean I just hate players that only are trying to foul and hurt other players.

10. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

It looks like the warriors are ready for the playoffs but, they are not ready for a long playoff push. We need if anything else the seasoning of the playoffs and have to let the chemistry develop.

11. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

That three was a dagger! Baron redeeming himself.

Gotta give props to Dunleavy too. 5-9, 16 pts and 7 boards. Fisher has been huge all year. I'll take it.

12. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Great game. Huge contributions throughout...very happy to see Baron make that three.

The inbound play from Fisher to Baron for the oop was amazing. I was so impressed that I just sat there silently in awe.

13. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

as i said in the montgomery thread, great call on the alley-oop...amazing play.

dunleavy had a great game...and fisher (aside from some dumb, too-quick shots) had another great one.

one thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth though: what the fucc is up with richardson missing those 2 free throws down the stretch??? is anybody else bothered by that? he's a horrible clutch free throw shooter. he needs to make both of those to seal the game, but missing both is INEXCUSABLE!! he could have lost it for us with that one...however, solid play down the stretch, and a great finish.

i'm gonna have a goddamn heart attack before the seasons over with all these close ones!!! glad we snapped the losing streak though...weren't those our first two consecutive losses all year?

14. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kensaku:</div><div class="quote_post">I was so impressed that I just sat there silently in awe.</div>

not me!! i was running around the living room, high-fiving my grandma!! haha

15. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I was pumping my fists when it went in. "f**k yeah!!"

16. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 707to805:</div><div class="quote_post"> one thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth though: what the fucc is up with richardson missing those 2 free throws down the stretch??? is anybody else bothered by that? he's a horrible clutch free throw shooter. he needs to make both of those to seal the game, but missing both is INEXCUSABLE!! he could have lost it for us with that one...however, solid play down the stretch, and a great finish.
    </div>

To the defense of J-Rich, he tweaked something before attempting those free throws, he was clearly grimacing from some sort of pain. Preceding the play they had to call a 20 second timeout for him to recover a bit.

17. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">To the defense of J-Rich, he tweaked something before attempting those free throws, he was clearly grimacing from some sort of pain. Preceding the play they had to call a 20 second timeout for him to recover a bit.</div>

Good call. Jrich usually doesn't miss those important ones and if he does it's certainly not two of them. Baron was also missing two in a row.

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 707to805:</div><div class="quote_post">
    i'm gonna have a goddamn heart attack before the seasons over with all these close ones!!! glad we snapped the losing streak though...weren't those our first two consecutive losses all year?</div>

Yup Suns and Pistons were the first back to back losses. If we lost this one I'd be concerned because it means a 3 game losing streak and possibly a 4th if the Warriors don't have their legs tomorrow. Houston, I know we can beat, so let's hope the W's aren't too tired after the overtime tonight. The Warriors can win this one.

Richardson could have ended the game sooner. Wish injuries could have given him the benefit of the doubt, but he's historically been pretty bad at the foul line for a guard. Anytime it's in the region of low 70's or below, that's just terrible free throw shooting.

19. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

I hope J-Rich somehow between this year and next boost his FT shooting up to 80%, he needs to learn from D-Fish and Murph. What is there not to like about J-Rich? You can see the fire and desire to win in his play and eyes. Have you ever seen him complain about things or throw a tantrum? Hardly have I ever seen that, I'm sure most of you guys never would've thought he'd get this good this quick at this point in his career. Let's hope he gets it together and kick it up another notch. His defense has vastly improved, there was a key play tonight where he stripped the ball from Rodmonavich and passed it ahead for a score or something.

As for D-Fish, man once in a while he gets over anxious and just jacks up quick jumpers, but I understand he feels invincible like we see him. Seems like everythink he jacks up just touches the bottom of the net. We used to rant over and over again on how poor he plays from last year til lthe beginning of this year. It seems like he has added the driving dimension to his game as well. That dribble penetration finishing at the rim drive was pretty good looking.

20. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Great win, on the road. Let's not forget how hard it is to win on the road. Any road victory means more than a home win, even a home win over someone like the Mavs/Spurs/Pistons, etc.

Only got to see the 4th and OT. Whatever your pain, missing two FTs is inexcusable. JRich wanted to be the "man" last year and acknowledged that he failed to hit key FTs, this was just more of the same. He's got to put it mentally together otherwise he will never be acknowledged as one of the elite. Even guys like Duncan and Shaq who are horrible FT shooters realize that at the end you have to hit them and they do (Duncan last night 1-11, hits two to send game to OT.) There's a difference and JRich needs to make that move.

Dunleavy with a quiet big game, plus hit a huge 2 to tie at 107 all and grabbed key rebound in OT.

Baron, huge cajones, sweet. Too bad tried for tough reverse at end of regulation when simple lay up from left side would not have been blocked.

Fish, 26, wow. Still saw some of the same horrible PG play, overdribbling, quick shots. Oh well, we'll take it if he continues hot play. If not, then he's just a drag.

Cheaney, 4-5, 10pts. Warriors would not have won without him. Let's give him his due. He's a big reason the W's are where they are.

Great win. Let's hope they back it up tonight (Let Yao shoot and make the Wesleys, Howards score.)