Warriors vs. Trailblazers - Time to Clinch the Playoffs!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Oh and I totally forgot to thank Avery Johnson again!!!

check out today:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=...?gid=2007041825

Dirk is playing, Josh Howard is playing... Avery Johnson obviously did us a huge favor by throwing yesterday's game. Man... I love you AJ! The little general rules!

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Btw, I Need A Sig!

3. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">hipokrat_x(LV) Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I can't stop thinking about how most NBA analysts (Steve Kerr included) wrote/spoke that Indiana got the best of that trade...

Well all i can say is wow, what a run. And I can't whait to see W's next season lol i think then they might be even better...</div>

[​IMG]

4. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Guys -- do you realize we have a WINNING record to boot.... wow!

5. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Even if we lost tonight, the Hornets would have done us a favor, maybe? Or... maybe they found out we already clinched and then they gave up... I think they gave up.... I mean 83 to 86, might as well sit down the injured Elton Brand and save up Maggette.

I guess all that matters is that we're in... It's like the feeling that a kid gets at Disneyland when they're waiting in line for Space Mountain for like... two freakin' hours... and we finally get strapped into the ride. No more excuses like "We're sorry the ride just broke down, feel free to wait even longer while we analyze/fix it". That happened to me when we're about to get in... but the Warriors making the playoffs makes up for that childhood experience!</div>

LOL custodianrules2, you're so funny. I owe you a big thanks too for making this forum what it is today. At least I know I wouldn't be here on this board, enjoying all these awesome Warriors fans and games without your persistance on other Warriors forums telling everyone to come to this one. Also this is like only a quarter of what you have actually given to this board, since you have always been an awesome contributor, often long-winded and what have you, but hey winning solves everything and makes everything better! [​IMG] haha. The Warriors winning is even sweeter seeing how happy it makes you, and the rest of you long-time Warriors fans (probably much longer than me).

6. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">hipokrat_x(LV) Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I can't stop thinking about how most NBA analysts (Steve Kerr included) wrote/spoke that Indiana got the best of that trade...
    </div>

Steve Kerr = slow, white, no defense playing, roleplaying jump shooter with a ring.

Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy Jr. = slow, white, no defense playing, roleplaying jump shooters without a ring.

Chris Mullin (the guy who signed/grossly overpaid Murphleavy) = slow, white, no defense playing, future HoF jump shooter.

Larry Bird (the guy who accepted the trade for Murphleavey) = slow, white, mediocre defense playing, future HoF all-around shooter.

I wonder if there was any bias based on the fact these guys were all more or less finesse type offensive guys that couldn't move their feet very fast but had some all-aroundness to their games.

I guess Kerr must have meant Ike Diogu. [​IMG]

7. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">LOL custodianrules2, you're so funny. I owe you a big thanks too for making this forum what it is today. At least I know I wouldn't be here on this board, enjoying all these awesome Warriors fans and games without your persistance on other Warriors forums telling everyone to come to this one. Also this is like only a quarter of what you have actually given to this board, since you have always been an awesome contributor, often long-winded and what have you, but hey winning solves everything and makes everything better! [​IMG] haha. The Warriors winning is even sweeter seeing how happy it makes you, and the rest of you long-time Warriors fans (probably much longer than me).</div>

Ditto, man! There, that wasn't long winded that time! But hey since I'm a happy clam now, I may write a paragraph or two (paragraph=page) describing case by case why I'm so ecstatic and how at some point in time there will be an event to undo all this positive feeling. [​IMG]

Ah crap, there I go again with the negativity.

8. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ah crap, there I go again with the negativity.</div>

Tonight we don't care [​IMG].

BTW is the first playoff game at the Oracle on Sunday. What's the playoff schedule?

9. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Tonight we don't care [​IMG].

BTW is the first playoff game at the Oracle on Sunday. What's the playoff schedule?</div>

Dallas has the home court advantage -- it goes 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 -- so 2 @ Dallas, then 2 @ GS, etc

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/playoffs

10. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

I was at the arena for the game screening tonight, it was great. Absolutely incredible atmosphere. The fans roared at every basket.

When the game clock ran out, the crowd was deafening. The only time it got louder was when Matt Steinmetz told Richardson and Davis that 4000 people were at the arena watching, and they both looked surprised and excited.

Dallas comin' up.

11. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">Montaman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I was at the arena for the game screening tonight, it was great. Absolutely incredible atmosphere. The fans roared at every basket.

When the game clock ran out, the crowd was deafening. The only time it got louder was when Matt Steinmetz told Richardson and Davis that 4000 people were at the arena watching, and they both looked surprised and excited.

Dallas comin' up.</div>

Thanks for being there for us! It was good to see the fans during the telecast -- they would turn on the audio at the arena and we could hear 'yall making a racket -- awesome!

12. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Guys, Don Nelson should get COY...

13. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Guys, Don Nelson should get COY...</div>

Heh, yeah, I'm taking back what I said about that. While other coaches in the league have had bigger win-loss jumps from last year, and of course many have bigger records, you're right -- Nellie is as deserving as anyone. He worked MAGIC with this team and boy does it feel good to be a fan right now. Thank you Nellie!!!!!

14. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I've logged on but YAY!!!

15. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Heh, yeah, I'm taking back what I said about that. While other coaches in the league have had bigger win-loss jumps from last year, and of course many have bigger records, you're right -- Nellie is as deserving as anyone. He worked MAGIC with this team and boy does it feel good to be a fan right now. Thank you Nellie!!!!!</div>

We went 16-5 during the stretch and 9-1 in the last 10. They need to build a bronze statue of Nelson in front of the Oracle arena.

16. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hey guys, it's been a while since I've logged on but YAY!!!</div>

BANDWAGON!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

just kidding!! welcome back

17. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">BANDWAGON!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

just kidding!! welcome back</div>

[​IMG]

Hey, after 12 years...do you blame me? [​IMG]

18. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

^Damn, AF beat me to it.

19. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    This is the first time I get to see the Warriors in the playoffs as an adult. [​IMG]

20. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yes! I am so happy I bet I won't sleep! First it was no sleep over worry about this game and now it's no sleep due to excitement!</div>

You think you got it bad?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jason Richardson
    On The Postgame Celebration
    "It was crazy. Guys were laughing, having a good time, yelling at each other. It just felt amazing ... I don't think I will be able to sleep for about two days."</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]