Game Thread Washington at Oregon, 12:30pm 10/13/2018

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by The Professional Fan, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Bla bla bla
    We just beat the #7 over freaking rated muts!
    That was a good game.

HailBlazers likes this.
  2. RipCityDSCPL

RipCityDSCPL Could be worse, at least it's not Lonzo.

Well I'm tapping out.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  3. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Nah its absolutely the worst part of cfb for me, unless your alabama you have 0 margin for error. Its so stupid that a “power 5” conference winner wont get in and some times two wont to make room for bama you knownifnthe had an error. The system sucks.

4. RipCityDSCPL

RipCityDSCPL Could be worse, at least it's not Lonzo.

Not much of a detective when a Husky fan has been standing in front of you and you said nothing.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  5. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

He had to sniff every butt in this thread! Even for a dog, that's dedication. :smiley-eek:

dviss1 and SlyPokerDog like this.
  6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Heh

7. Hoopguru

Its better than it used to be before the CFP, imo.
    And if these youngsters get a chance for a nice bowl game (The Granddaddy of them All) how sweet for the students.
    Washington going into the season was in a great position to get there, they just blew it, however.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  8. Hoopguru

I thought of you on the last play! lol

9. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    It's 'better' but the bar was pretty low.

10. Hoopguru

For me and my kids its about the team looking better this year and with a superb recruiting class coming in, things look good for Oregon.

Now if the Buffs would take care of them 4 legged yippers next week, that would be pie ala mode baby

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  11. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    So, I'm a duck fan, but that being said I'm not a huge college football fan. I'm a basketball guy, it's far and away my favorite sport to play, to watch, to scrutinize and all that.
    I'm excited for the future of the ducks, but after they choked that game away to Stanford I'm going to be mostly checked out except to watch them. If the ducks aren't in national championship talk, most of my 'entertainment' time will be focused on the Blazers and basketball stuff.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  12. Hoopguru

Thats cool basketball has always been my second favorite as I played lots of baseball & fast Pitch softball tell I was late 50's.
    Now, like you Im a basketball fanatic and thats why I spend to much damn time in here.

13. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Haha now that apple does that screen tracking stuff it cracks me up how much time I spend on here. Its about 80% of my phone time is on sportstwo... yikes...

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  14. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Huskies fans are so salty.

I mean, they weren’t relevant for so many years (after being so dominant in my early-youth). Ducks have a bad and mediocre year and the Huskies fans think the Ducks are irrelevant (and after a good couple years, Huskies think they’re back on top and Ducks buries). I think reality will set in that the Ducks are back and it’s only going to get better with the incoming recruits. I enjoy the banter between the fan bases. Makes the whole thing relevant but it really has been all Ducks for nearly two decades.

I like the Ducks, but I generally don’t care. I like to watch great games (Boise State v. Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl is still my favorite). Mostly have teams that I hate than teams I have strong passion for when it comes to football. But I do have home state pride and glad to see the Ducks crush the Huskies’ hopes.

Who doesn’t love the taste of salty puppy tears?

15. Hoopguru

yeah, they will be dropping a lot of lawn fudge tonight in Seattle!

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  16. Hoopguru

The the Dawgs would have won they would have moved possibly to 4/5 as 2 & 6 lost.

17. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

If the Ducks hadn’t Beav’d the Stanford
    Game, they’d be in the top-6 after this weekend.... shoulda coulda woulda doesn’t get it done.

Rozay and e_blazer like this.
  18. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Ducks just found a way to be Pac 12 champs. If they would have lost that game the season was pretty pointless. But now they can play the entire season looking for a good bowl game or maybe the conference champs? They still got to win out the rest of the way.

SlyPokerDog and Hoopguru like this.
  19. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I understand that Cristobal wants to establish Oregon as a smashmouth football team, but he has one of the very best passers in the country on his team and the only times he let him pass were like on 3rd and 6 3rd and 8, 3rd and `14. I don't think Herbert ever had a chance to get into a rhythm. I guess Cristobal thinks he was proven right when he ran on all the plays of the winning drive (with two offensive linemen injured, no less) but I think they could have won easier with better playcalling. Without a miracle field goal miss and a very unlucky targeting call against WA, they would have lost.

20. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    The targeting calls (both were pretty bogus, not by the 'spirit of the rule, but the rule sucks...), but the one on Washington didn't lead to any points. I don't remember if the one on Oregon lead to any points or not. It was a pretty even game, both teams missed fg's, who ever lost that game would've probably gone away thinking they should've won it. It was a very competitive game. It's odd to me that Herberts been built up as a number 1 pick sort of QB, but really doesn't throw much. He's not even close to the top of any of the top 10 Heisman lists. They just don't use him as much as you'd expect for a player that's supposed to be that good. I actually don't think either browning or Herbert will be very good in the NFL, they get antsy in the pocket way to fast, herbert has the ability to toss some freaking lasers I'll give him that, he may be alright if in the right situation but time will tell. I think the jury is still kind of out on Cristobal he can apparently recruit really well, but how good of a coach he is, is yet to really be determined. I believe Petersen is one of the best coaches in all of college football, I love the way he calls games, the discipline his defenses play with, Washington will be good as long as he's there.