Washington @ Chicago: Game 1

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Apr 21, 2005.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Moo2K4":</div><div class="quote_post">What's Dixon done over the last couple months that's so great and impressive? He's only had 4 double digit scoring games in March/April and he's had 3 games where he didn't score anything.

Kwame has been inconsistent all year. Sure, he's had a few good games as of late, but what's to think he's going to be able to keep it up when he's in the playoffs for the first time in his career? I think he's the one person that is likely to completely disappear come playoff time, and if that happens, the Wiz are in trouble.
    </div>

<font color="Navy">Juan Dixon</font>: 11 points | bad shooting [4-12] | 1 turnover | 1 steal

<font color="Navy">Kwame Brown:</font> 13 points | 9 rebounds | 2 assists | 1 block

2 of the big three had bad games, and the Wizards were clearly still in the game and really lost with stupid mistakes and turnovers in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. Like I said, the Wizards have more options than just Arenas, Hughes and Jamison. It will definately be an interesting one, Game 2 is the Wizards, book it!

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Kwame was a key contributor, but he disappeared after the half. All those, if I'm correct, came in the first half. If they're going to win, he's got to stay consistent. If he's playing good, demand the ball. Don't be passive and let your guards jack up shots. He's got to assert himself more. If they're going to win, they're going to need him to step it up for the entire game, not a half. And Dixon's points are deceiving because of exactly what you said, bad shooting. He contributed, it just took him a lot of shots to do so.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

Oh common Moo, Kwame grabbed 5 rebounds in the 4th quarter alone, had an assist, and played good defense. I think we both know why he didn't score in the second half, and it wasn't because he wasn't playing well. He got 2 shots in the 2nd half, one was the hook shot blocked by Chandler, and he missed a layup, but I think we both know why he didn't score.

Juan Dixon, I don't have much to say, I was never a big fan of his, but he did give a good spark off the bench, and he did score in double digits.

4. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Chandler deed Brown up in the second. Brown got off in the first half because Chandler was on the bench because of foul trouble. As long as Tyson is in the game Brown is not a factor (offencively).

You could Also say he grabbed 5 rebounds and had 1 assist in the second half, because he was totaly un productive in the 3rd.

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

No. Tyson did not stop Brown in the second half. Gilbert Arenas, Larry Hughes, and Juan Dixon stopped Brown.

6. ChicagoSportsFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">No. Tyson did not stop Brown in the second half. Gilbert Arenas, Larry Hughes, and Juan Dixon stopped Brown.</div>

How did they stop him from grabbing 1 rebound in the 3rd?

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

Actually if you look at last season, Kwame dominated Chandler, he's never actually been one to stop Kwame, so I don't know where that came from.

Chandler was only in for 1 minute and 51 seconds with Kwame in the 3rd quarter, I don't know how he was the one stopping him from doing anything from the bench. Remember, about right when Kwame came in, Chandler picked up his 4th foul. Chandler was also in the game the whole time when Kwame grabbed 5 rebounds in the 4th quarter.

His offensive production like Kobe8 said was hampered by the guards not giving him the ball. Chandlers first foul of the game was on a layup AND 1 by Kwame, Kwame didn't score because he got 2 shots.

8. ChicagoSportsFan

Last season? Um this is a whole new year. A whole new mindset and a whole new bulls Team. A whole new defence. what does Last year have to do with this one? * head shake*

Last year the lakers and T wovles made it to the playoffs too.

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

Okay, don't change the subject, don't pick out one part of my post that was just an example of the fact that Chandler does not shut down Kwame.

They played 1:51 together in the 3rd, and in the 4th were both on when Kwame grabbed 5 rebounds and had an assists, so how did Chandler shut him down?

10. ChicagoSportsFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Okay, don't change the subject, don't pick out one part of my post that was just an example of the fact that Chandler does not shut down Kwame.

They played 1:51 together in the 3rd, and in the 4th were both on when Kwame grabbed 5 rebounds and had an assists, so how did Chandler shut him down?</div>

How can chandler stop him from grabbing 4 boards or throwing 1 assist ? he didnt score 1 point in that half of basket ball. 1 freegin point and when he did TRY to score a bucket it got sent to the 300 seats.

11. og15

og15 JBB *********

You answer that question yourself, you're the one that implied it was because of Chandler he had an unproductive 3rd quarter, and also because of him he didn't grab a board. Also Kwame grabbed 2 offensive boards, Chandler could've boxed him out, and he could've prevented him from getting an assists by preventing him from getting the ball. I'm not ripping on Chandler or anything, but you're the one that implied that.

When Kobe8 said he didn't score because the guards didn't give him the ball, you replied <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">How did they stop him from grabbing 1 rebound in the 3rd?</div> which was basically saying Chandler was also the reason he didn't grab a rebound.

It was obvious the reason Kwame didn't score was because he didn't get the ball, Kwame is not the #1 option on the team and he's not a guard. If our 20 PPG scoring guards, and Dixon want to shoot, they will shoot, and their's nothing Kwame can do. Chandler was not preventing him from getting post position, or preventing him from being open, Kwame just didn't get the ball. Their is really no significance in what you said, he didn't score a point because he didn't get the ball, in the first half he was getting to the basket, and also getting to the line almost at will. Yea, Chandler came from the weakside and blocked one of his two attempts of the quarter, he must've gotten scared after that, common man.

If he was force fed the ball in the post he would've scored, but the teams offense is based on guard play and EJ does not stress getting the ball to the bigs. It would be like me saying "Chandler didn't make 1 FG in the game, how can a person not make 1 FG in a whole game." [​IMG] What would be your reply to that, I mean he did only shoot 1 FG the whole game, but Washington must have shut him down.

12. ChicagoSportsFan

u said arenas kept him from being productive. and i replied "How did they stop him from grabbing 1 rebound in the 3rd?" U blamed his game in ur smalls not me.

I dont care how much u box out u cant stop some one from grabbing boards if they are in the right place at the right time. and the only reason he got those is because of the despartation and ill advised shots that gilbert was throwing up. They where bricks and made long rebounds. how do u box out a long board?

13. og15

og15 JBB *********

No, no, I didn't say anything, Kobe8 said Arenas, Hughes and Dixon stopped Brown, and we all know he was reffering to scoring, and anyone says otherwise, they're intentionally trying to be difficult. Now, even with that, you still implied that Chandler shut down Kwame, and seemingly was the reason Kwame did not rebound the ball in the 3rd, but as already proven, he was not, no need for more excuses.

..and again, you're replying to insignificant things, as I said, I'm not ripping on Chandler, that was an aside in reply to you saying how can you stop someone from doing those things. It is possible, but not easy, but that was not close to being a main point in my post, it's something that can be ignored even. Also considering Kwame grabbed an offensive rebound on a free throw, I'd say it could've very well been stopped.

Untrue statement #2: <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">and the only reason he got those is because of the despartation and ill advised shots that gilbert was throwing up. They where bricks and made long rebounds. how do u bow out a long board?</div>

#1 was saying Chandler shut down Kwame which was not true. Now in reply to this, Kwame did not grab one offensive rebound off a shot from Arenas.

Here are how he got his 4th quarter rebounds:

Tyson Chandler misses a layup, Kwame Brown grabs the defensive rebound
    Etan Thomas misses a free throw, Kwame Brown grabs the offensive rebound on the free throw
    Ben Gordon missed a free throw, and Kwame grabbed the rebound
    Kirk Hinrich missed a layup, Kwame grabbed the defensive rebound
    Kirk Hinrich misses a three pointer, and Kwame grabs the defensive board

His 2 other offensive boards were on a miss [blocked] by Juan Dixon, and him recovering his own rebound after being blocked by AD.

14. ChicagoSportsFan

WHat was the reason brown didnt hit 1 shot in the Second half?

Bottom line the guy was MIA in the second half. He was frustated by chicagos defence(chandler) and was made null and void. Im not gonna argue about 4 rebounds through out the whole second half.

You cant say that he was doing the little things or bringing energy to his team because he didnt and thats not what he does. And Brown wasnt getting the ball enough because suprisingly our inside d was great in the second half. it was tuff for all of washingtons scorers to penetrate. Browns is not great scoring with is back to the defender, hes known to face a guy and blow past him. and in the second half he couldnt get around tyson.

Like u said Last year Brown owned Chandler What does Last year have to do with Game 1? Seems like u think Brown just checked himself.

15. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting michiganave17:</div><div class="quote_post">WHat was the reason brown didnt hit 1 shot in the Second half?

Bottom line the guy was MIA in the second half. He was frustated by chicagos defence(chandler) and was made null and void. Im not gonna argue about 4 rebounds through out the whole second half. </div>

HOW!? How did Tyson frustrate him? Kwame wasn't given the ball to score in the 2nd half, the guards neglected him the ball. Did you miss that whole part?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You cant say that he was doing the little things or bringing energy to his team because he didnt and thats not what he does. And Brown wasnt getting the ball enough because suprisingly our inside d was great in the second half. it was tuff for all of washingtons scorers to penetrate. Browns is not great scoring with is back to the defender, hes known to face a guy and blow past him. and in the second half he couldnt get around tyson. </div>
    Your inside D was far from great in the second half, or he wouldn't of pulled down 5 rebounds in the 4th.

16. ChicagoSportsFan

When i say defence i mean stopping a guy from scoring. it was tuff for your guys to penetrate in the 4th. didnt i say Im done discussing 5 rebounds in a half. Im done discussing game 1. Holla at me in the thread on game2. this game is over with bulls won. lets discuss tomorrows game. Holla!

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">WHat was the reason brown didnt hit 1 shot in the Second half? </div>
    Hmm, let me see, maybe because he only took 2 shots? About the same reason Tyson Chandler didn't hit a FG in the game.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bottom line the guy was MIA in the second half. He was frustated by chicagos defence(chandler) and was made null and void. Im not gonna argue about 4 rebounds through out the whole second half. </div>
    5 rebounds, and what's their to argue, if a player averages 5 rebounds a half, that's 10 rebounds a game, what's their to argue?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You cant say that he was doing the little things or bringing energy to his team because he didnt and thats not what he does. And Brown wasnt getting the ball enough because suprisingly our inside d was great in the second half. it was tuff for all of washingtons scorers to penetrate. Browns is not great scoring with is back to the defender, hes known to face a guy and blow past him. and in the second half he couldnt get around tyson. </div>
    I still don't know where you get all your stuff from, I saw countless times where Kwame could easily get the ball, just cause you get the ball with your back to the basket does not mean you can't pivot around and face up. Him not getting the ball had nothing to do with the defense, it had to do with the guards wanting to score themselves. He couldn't get around Tyson? He never drove on Tyson in the 2nd half because he never got Iso'd against him due to them not giving him the ball. You're making it sound like Kwame kept getting the ball against Chandler and was passing it off after attempting a drive because he couldn't beat him? He didn't even get the ball...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Like u said Last year Brown owned Chandler What does Last year have to do with Game 1? Seems like u think Brown just checked himself.</div>
    I don't know what you're getting at, like I already stated, that was just to say that Chandler has not been known to shut down or frustrate Kwame.

18. Umer remU

Umer remU JBB Banned Member

the fact is that chandler is a much better basketball player than kwayme brown, if u saw the last 20 games of the regular season you know tysons double double everynight capability

19. og15

og15 JBB *********

Thanks for enlightening us to nothing, cause that's exactly what were were arguing [​IMG]

Tyson has definately been the better player, Kwame has just as much talent and skill, and playing to his capabilities he is a better player than Chandler, but that was not even a minimal part of this thread, it's totally irrelevant.

20. Umer remU

Umer remU JBB Banned Member

but he cant play to his abilty unlike chandler, so the fact of the matter is that tyson is better than kwame