Washington @ Cleveland -- 1/24/05

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div align="center">[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    <font color="navy">The Washington Wizards (24-15)</font> @<font color="red">The Cleveland Cavaliers (24-15)</font>
    Time: 7:00 PM eastern
    Place: Gund Arena
    TV: Local</div>

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="navy">Wizards Head Coach</font></font>
    [​IMG]
    <font color="navy">Eddie Jordan</font></div>

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="navy"> Wizards Projected Starting Lineup</font></div></font>
    <div align="center">[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <font color="navy">(Gilbert Arenas, Jarvis Hayes, Jared Jeffries, Antawn Jamison, Brendan Haywood) </font></div>

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="red">Cavalier's Head Coach</font></font>
    [​IMG]
    <font color="red">Paul Silas</font></div>

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="red">Cavalier's Projected Starting Lineup</font></font>
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <font color="red">(Jeff McInnis, Ira Newble, LeBron James, Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Ilgauskas)
    </font>
    </div>

<div align="center"><font size="5">Bench Factors</font>
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (<font color="navy">Anthony Peeler</font>,<font color="red">Eric Snow</font>)
    </div>

<div align="center"><font size="5">Key Matchup</font>
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (<font color="navy">Gilbert Arenas</font>, <font color="red">LeBron James</font>)

<font color="navy">Gilbert Arenas:</font> 23.2 ppg, 4.9 apg, and 4.1 rpg
    <font color="red">LeBron James:</font>24.7 ppg, 7.3 apg, and 7.2 rpg</div>

<font size="5">Keys to the Game</font>
    <font color="navy">Washington:</font>
    <ul>
    [*]Stop the Kid- LeBron...he is coming off of his 2nd consecutive triple double, lets not let him make it three.
    [*]3 point shooting- I have a feeling this will be huge in this game, we must make a majority of the threes that we take.
    [*]Bench Play- We had strong bench support in our win over Indy, especially from Peeler, we need that again.
    [/list]

<font color="red">Cleveland:</font>
    <ul>
    [*]Z- He is going up against a very good defender in Haywood. LeBron can't do it all for this team, McIninis will most likely play, but how much will his foot bother him? Z is going to have to get going early and get boards and make shots.
    [*]The Chosen One- LeBron V. Jarvis...yay. Lebron statline in this matchup: 49, 13, and 11. I really hope Peeler sees the majority of the minutes.
    [*]D- The Wizards are one of the best scoring and offensive rebounding teams in the league. If they score over 105 they will def. win, if they don't it is anyones game.
    [/list]

<font size="5"> Prediction</font>
    Washington has Sunday off, and they beat Indy on Saturday. Cleveland also has Sunday off and they are also coming off a win on Saturday against Golden State. I really believe Washington can win this one, and I really think it will come down to Arenas. If he has a good game, I take the Wizards in a close thriller 100-99. If he has a bad game, Cleveland 94-90.

2. Dr. H.H. Holmes

Dr. H.H. Holmes JBB JustBBall Member

EJ should be putting Jefferies on Lebron, I don't think he's going to ask Hayes to cover him. I imagine Dixon will be playing this game, right? Anybody heard anything?

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

Not the best start that could've happened, and Arenas losing the ball on the final Wizards play of the half, and having the shot clock run out was kind dumb. Hopefully they can pick it up in the 2nd half, but injured, and on the road in Cleveland, their's no dissapointment in losing this game.

4. eYeKey

eYeKey JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Not the best start that could've happened, and Arenas losing the ball on the final Wizards play of the half, and having the shot clock run out was kind dumb. Hopefully they can pick it up in the 2nd half, but injured, and on the road in Cleveland, their's no dissapointment in losing this game.</div>

Why lose when you can win [​IMG]

5. Mamba

What a win, we will turn some heads in the playoffs.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> CLEVELAND (Ticker) -- The Washington Wizards made the Cleveland Cavaliers' return home a startling one.

Gilbert Arenas scored 19 of his 30 points in the second half as Washington matched its win total from a season ago by rallying to defeat Cleveland, 106-97. </div>

<div align="center">[​IMG]
    <font size="1">Arenas scored 19 of his 30 in the second half</font>

Wizards/Cavs Recap
    Wiz/Cavs Box Score </div>

6. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

I thought the Wizards were going to lose entering the halftime losing by 10 only scoring 30 points, but the refs gave this game to us, [​IMG]. Gilbert Arenas played all 48 minutes in this contest rewarding himself with 30 points he was our MVP of the game. Our LVP (Least Valuble player, [​IMG]) would be Antawn Jamison shooting 2-9, he also played poorly on D.

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

Great game, Arenas just took over in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and was hitting everything, and getting to the line nicely. Peeler and Haywood also played well and helped in geting and keeping the lead, and Jared Jefferies also had some nice plays.

The Wizards jsut equalled their win total from last season in 40 games, and now have the 2nd best record in the East.

<font size="1"><font color="blue">
    Made a small little change for ya [​IMG]

-Kobe 8 Ball</font></font>

8. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Great game, Arenas just took over in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and was hitting everything, and getting to the line nicely. Peeler and Haywood also played well and helped in geting and keeping the lead, and Jared Jefferies also had some nice plays.

The Wizards jsut equalled their win total from last season in 40 games, and now have the 2nd best record in the league.</div>

What? Do we really? Some fan I am if I don't know this...do you mean east?

On another note..

-6 players in double figures
    -Arenas with 48 minutes, a sore thumb, 19 points in the 2nd half..and no TO's in the 2nd half
    -Antawn Jamison is pure crap
    -106 points total, and only 30 in the first half...that shows how potent this offense is..without Hughes
    -When Jared Jeffries scores in double digits the Wizards are 8-0
    -Matched our win total of last year...we still have 42 games to shred that record
    - When will people realize this team is for real?

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What? Do we really? Some fan I am if I don't know this...do you mean east?</div>
    That was supposed to beat East, not league lol, their's San Antonio, Phoenix, Seattle, Miami. and I think Dallas and Sacramento are about the same.

10. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

I have to admit, you have a heck of a team that is starting to develop. Arenas is just going to be amazing! He was great in college, so I knew from watching him in college that he would be a great guard at the NBA level.

Good luck on the rest of your season...

11. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UKOwnstheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">I have to admit, you have a heck of a team that is starting to develop. Arenas is just going to be amazing! He was great in college, so I knew from watching him in college that he would be a great guard at the NBA level.

Good luck on the rest of your season...</div>

Good luck to you guys also

12. hpman247

hpman247 JBB JustBBall Member

Something that I really hate is this division mess. The Atlantic, Se, and Central winners will have the top 3 spots. I really dont think the Wiz will win the SE because of Miami. THis means that even though we are #2 in the east we are really #4 in the east standings because of these new stupid rules.

Philadelphia is 19-21, which would not even be in the playoffs if it werent for the new rules. Without the new rules, no one in the Atlantic Division would even be in the playoffs.

13. Dr. H.H. Holmes

Dr. H.H. Holmes JBB JustBBall Member

What a win, these kids keep fighting back. I heard we're getting Blake back for the Philly game, wonder if he'll play at all.

We are really playing well, especially since we have so many injuries. 3 1/2 games back of Miami for that top spot, Miami is slipping a bit, 5-6 in their last 11 games since their 14 game win streak. Their roleplayers aren't pulling through, mainly Damon Jones. I don't see why we can't pull ahead of them, we're going to get a big boost in a couple weeks when Hughes & Kwame return & Shaq hasn't taken his yearly rest yet.

Too bad those games against Miami came early.