Washington @ Miami--12/13

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div align="center">[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    <font color="navy">The Washington Wizards (12-6)</font>@<font color="red">The Miami Heat (15-7)</font>
    Time: 7:30 PM Eastern
    Place: American Airlines Arena
    TV: Local</div>

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="navy">Wizards Head Coach</font></font>
    [​IMG]
    <font color="navy">Eddie Jordan</font></div>

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="navy"> WizardsProjected Starting Lineup</font></div></font>
    <div align="center">[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <font color="navy">(Gilbert Arenas, Larry Hughes, Jared Jeffries, Antawn Jamison, Brendan Haywood) </font></div>

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="red">Heat Head Coach</font></font>
    [​IMG]
    <font color="red">Stan Van Gundy</font></div>

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="red">Heat Projected Starting Lineup</font></font>
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <font color="red">(Damon Jones, Dwyane Wade, Eddie Jones, Udonis Haslem, Shaq)</font>
    </div>

<div align="center"><font size="5">Bench Factors</font>
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (<font color="navy">Jarvis Hayes</font>,<font color="red">Rasual Butler</font>)
    </div>

<div align="center"><font size="5">Key Matchup</font>
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (<font color="navy">Larry Hughes</font>, <font color="red">Dwyane Wade</font>)
    <font color="navy">Larry Hughes:</font> 19 ppg, 5.2 apg, and 6.0 rpg
    <font color="red">Dwyane Wade:</font>24.0 ppg, 7.5 apg, and 5.7 rpg</div>

<font size="5">Keys to the Game</font>
    <font color="navy">Washington:</font>
    <ul>
    [*]Offensive Boards- The Wizards are the top offensive rebounding team in the league, and they will need offensive boards in this game to win. They beat the Knicks because of offensive boards, I believe if they can grab a lot of offensive boards and get a lot of second chance points they can stay with the Heat, if not, I expect them to be slaughtered.
    [*]Contain the Big Fella- Shaq has had a decent year, I am sure not what Miami fans have expected, but still leading them to W's. Brendan Haywood is a big boy, but not as big as Shaq. He needs to do all he can to make Shaq work on the defensive end and do anything he can to irritate him when Shaq has the ball.
    [*]Perimeter D- We need Larry Hughes to step up defensively again. He is going to be guarding one of the most explosive players in the game and he is going to need to give it all he can. Arenas needs to show up on D also, he cant be lazy tonight, Damon Jones is an excellent 3 point shooter and if he gets the open look he will take it.
    [/list]

<font color="red"> Miami:</font>
    <ul>
    [*]Boxing Out- The Wizards are the top offensive rebounding team in the league, Miami must stop this. They cant let them get offensive boards becayse anytime a team gets second chance points they have a great chance at winning. This is a new Wizards team and the Heat should not take them lightly.
    [*]Feed Shaq-I think they should feed him early and often. I do not think Brendan Haywood will be able to contain him and I wouldnt be surprised if Shaq goes for a season high in this one. Get him the ball with plenty of time left on the shot clock and let him work on Haywood and whoever else the Wizards throw at him.
    [*]Perimeter Shots- Eddie Jones and Damon Jones are both capable of knocking down the 3 pointer with consistency and Dwyane Wade can do it on occassion. The Wizards perimter D is lacking and this could be the big one for the Heat. Every open look they have behind the arc they must take, I think Damon Jones could be the X factor in this game if his shot is on.
    [/list]

<font size="5"> Prediction</font>
    Washington has won two in a row, but against division rival Miami, in Miami, I do not see them extending it to 3 in a row. I take Miami in a surprisingly good and close game by 4.

2. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

Nice preview. The best part of it was the pictures of the coaches, though. Those are hilarious.

Now back to the topic a hand, I think Shaq will find Haywood to be a formidable opponent in terms of defense. Let's face it, Haywood isn't an offensive gem, but he's pretty good on defense and I think the big fella is gonna find him to be quite an obstacle. Wade should have a good game, he's been performing at an elite level as of late. I think Haslem should have a big game, but I really like his game for some reason, so that may just be bias.

I'll take Miami, 98-86.

3. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

Nice preview. [​IMG]

First off, I suggest using .jpg extensions after the playerfile links for their pics...that's why it's showing Shaq's old Orlando pic. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Although four of the starters for the Wizards are going to score in double figures, the Heat will pull off a win late in the fourth, behind Shaq...98-93.

4. Mamba

Ahh thanks for the tip, I was wondering why it did that.

5. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

I think the heat will win 110-106. I just dont think the Wizards can beat a good team on the road at this point.

Havent they already lost to the heat 2 times already?

The Wizards really need to win this one. Tie breaker could be a factor at end of the season as long as the wizards dont implode

6. Mamba

I think they have only played once, but I could very well be mistaken..

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

Yea the teams have played twice, the first game was in Washington where Wade exploded, but the Wizards frontline was thing, the second game was in Miami with Haywood back, but the Heat took it again.

I think the Heat will win 101-98, the game will be close, and the Wiz will have 4-5 players in double figures, but Damon Jones will come out firing, and Wade will play another great game, so will Shaq as the Wiz fall in a close game.

I think a key for the Wizard is to contest the outside shot, Damon Jones can really hurt you if you don't get on him, and if Eddie Jones can come out hitting himself, it's going ot be hard.

For Miami it will be to get the ball to the big man like always, but also to move the ball on offense, keep the Wizards on their heels, and play good defense because the Wizards can score, and score a lot.

Arenas - 26 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, 1 dunk Arenas has a feud with Wade that Wade doesn't have with him, I see him going out to impress.

Larry Hughes - 17 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals

Jamison - 23 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists

Dwyane Wade - 25 points, 6 rebounds, 11 assists

Shaq - 20 points, 12 rebounds, 3 blocks

Damon Jones - 15 points, 4 assists, 4 three's made

---------------------------------

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the heat will win 110-106. I just dont think the Wizards can beat a good team on the road at this point.

The Wizards really need to win this one. Tie breaker could be a factor at end of the season as long as the wizards dont implode</div>
    I hope you become a bandwagon Wizards fan, so we can have more people here haha, but will you get games, that's the real question?

<font size="1"><font color="red"> Only one post is needed, thank you.

Kobe 8 Ball</font></font>

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the heat will win 110-106. I just dont think the Wizards can beat a good team on the road at this point.

The Wizards really need to win this one. Tie breaker could be a factor at end of the season as long as the wizards dont implode</div>
    I hope you become a bandwagon Wizards fan, so we can have more people here haha, but will you get games, that's the real question?

9. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

another picture of shaq shows up if you put an ' in o'neal

[​IMG]

10. FFSBasketball

FFSBasketball JBB JustBBall Member

What is with the whole "back to back with the Heat" idea? Their third game was against Miami at home, then their fourth was at Miami. Lost both.

Now they play in Miami today (Monday) and their next game is Wednesday - at home, versus Miami. What is going on?

Although I do get to go see that game. Still undecided whether I want to take notes or not. Going with a bunch of friends and sitting in the upper deck, so don't quite get to see what I saw in those club seats.

-----------------------------
    Update on the end of the game: Blah, Eech, and Blech is all I have to say. Didn't see it, listened to parts of it, and it just didn't look or sound good. 48% shooting for Miami, 36% for Washington. 52 boards for the Wizards, 64 for Miami.

And the big stat - 40 points, 15 boards, 5 blocks, 3 assists for Shaq. I repeat: Blech, Eech, Blah.

<font size="1"><font color="red">Only one post is necessary, please re-edit original post next time.

Thank You

Kobe 8 Ball</font></font>

11. FFSBasketball

Update on the end of the game: Blah, Eech, and Blech is all I have to say. Didn't see it, listened to parts of it, and it just didn't look or sound good. 48% shooting for Miami, 36% for Washington. 52 boards for the Wizards, 64 for Miami.

And the big stat - 40 points, 15 boards, 5 blocks, 3 assists for Shaq. I repeat: Blech, Eech, Blah.

12. Mamba

Blach, I knew Shaq would explode on us tonight, it happens every year a player explodes on us...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">MIAMI, Dec. 13 (Ticker) -- With his running mate down, Shaquille O'Neal put in a vintage performance.

O'Neal scored a season-high 40 points to help the Miami Heat overcome Dwyane Wade's ankle injury to post a 106-83 victory over the Washington Wizards. </div>

Kwame looked good tonight, 6-9 for 16 points, but 5 fouls. Nice to see him coming along.

Full Recap
    Box Score

13. FFSBasketball

Kobe, just as a point of objection - I double posted on purpose. I wanted to show the clear distinction between the two comments - one was a mid game one, the other a post game one. There's no reason they should be together. Double posting is annoying, but not such a big deal in a situation like this.

Just my two cents, take it or leave it.

14. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">Blach, I knew Shaq would explode on us tonight, it happens every year a player explodes on us...

Kwame looked good tonight, 6-9 for 16 points, but 5 fouls. Nice to see him coming along.

Full Recap
    Box Score</div>
    Did you watch the game?

Kwame had some nice jumpshots off the backboard from the top of the key, and then he hit some other jumpsots, his jumper is looking really nice, he played Shaq well also, Shaq had most of his misses with Kwame on him.

Arenas, Hughes and Jamison just sucked, I only watched the 4th quarter, but even then they sucked, and Shaq had 9 dunks.

15. FFSBasketball

I've liked Kwame's offense of late. It's just his defense I'm worried about. The Wizards don't seem to need the offense right now - but the defense is their sore spot.

16. Mamba

Well FFS, I dont think you can expect Kwame's D to be up to par yet, as he isnt fully healthy and doesnt have his spring back yet, but I think it is getting there...

I heard from the REALGM boards taht Kwame was hot in the third quarter and the guards werent even looking for him, they were just jacking up shots. THey are bashing Eddie Jordan over there for not getting the ball down to Kwame, I think Kwame needs to start demanding the ball when he is feeling it. If he does that, it will open up better looks for the guards.

Can someone make the preview for the game Wednesday night? I have finals and I need to start studying, it would be greatly appreciated...

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

I was watching the game in the 4th and I saw Kwame open and I think Hughes had the ball, and I was thinking, pass it to Kwame, then he gave it to Hayes, and Hayes stood for a while and I was still thinking, pass it to Kwame, then he dribbled in, gave it to Kwame, and Kwame made the shot, MAN TOOK THEM SO LONG.

Sometimes I wonder with these guys.

18. Mamba

Kwame needs to be more vocal, I think sooner or later this season we will see him step up and demand the ball in the post. I read that Shaq couldnt back him down? Is that true?

19. og15

og15 JBB *********

Nah, Shaq could back him down, not so easily though, but he was able to get him back, just that Kwame stood his ground and made Shaq throw up some wild shots sometimes.

20. Mamba

Oh I cant wait to see Kwame back at 100%. I really think he needs to call for the ball more when he is feeling it though, instead of letting our guards just jack up shots.