Washington Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">If Stack can fetch that kind of baits, why don't the Wiz just trade him to Blazers on their own. That way they at least get some players in return.</div>
    It was a hypothetical trade. The reason the Bobcats need to be involved is so the Blazers can ask a favor of the Bobcats taking one of their unprotected players over another. As it is the Blazers are going to have to leave one or two of the five following players unprotected. By agreeing to taking Stackhouse, the Blazers can stipulate to the Bobcats who they can or cannot take in the expansion draft ...

Dale Davis, Damon Stoudemire, Derek Anderson, Ruben Patterson, or Dan Dickau

The bottomline, the Blazers might be willing to give up 2 draft picks and Woods to keep one of those players from being selected, plus adding Jerry Stackhouse.

2. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The rumor I've heard is the Wizards leaving Jerry Stackhouse unprotected. The Bobcats would then take Stackhouse and immediately trade him to a contender in the league for draft picks this you or future considerations. One team who might be interested could be the Blazers. They have 2 late round picks this year and they could use another scorer on the team. The Blazers could also throw in a Qyntel Woods or Travis Outlaw to close the deal.</div>

I won't get into the particulars, but this rumor has merit just by the fact that it's the only one I've heard of like this so far. There's been an astounding lack of information about possible moves through the expansion draft.

It's an amazing opportunity for teams to work out deals to purge themselves from big contracts. The lack of much at all in rumored deals of this nature has been disturbing, IMO.

This idea is a very feasible idea. I could see it happening.

3. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

whats the knock on stackhouse these days? i know things arent happy between him & the wizzards org. i have had no chance to see him play this year so i dont know how he looks coming back from his knee surgury/ankle problems/whatever other problems...

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">whats the knock on stackhouse these days? i know things arent happy between him & the wizzards org. i have had no chance to see him play this year so i dont know how he looks coming back from his knee surgury/ankle problems/whatever other problems...</div>

A lot of people close to the Wizards, being media members and fans, feel like he waited too long for his surgery, and after that he sat out too long. We realized that management made a bad trade by trading the much younger Rip Hamilton for him. He takes too many shots, he wants to be the best on the team but he isnt.

5. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">A lot of people close to the Wizards, being media members and fans, feel like he waited too long for his surgery, and after that he sat out too long. We realized that management made a bad trade by trading the much younger Rip Hamilton for him. He takes too many shots, he wants to be the best on the team but he isnt.</div>

fair enough... question i have now is... would he make for a good SF/G coming off the bench? reason i ask is not having seen him play in over a year, i have no way to judge his play and if he would accept such a role. sounds to me like the ego might get in the way of coming off the bench.

6. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">fair enough... question i have now is... would he make for a good SF/G coming off the bench? reason i ask is not having seen him play in over a year, i have no way to judge his play and if he would accept such a role. sounds to me like the ego might get in the way of coming off the bench.</div>

For the last 10 games or so he played on teh bench, didnt work out too well..because they let him take too many shots still, I think he possibly could if he would realize that he isnt a top 10 SG/SF now and he takes a 6th man role

7. Mamba

Rumor has it that Washington might contact Indiana about possibly a deal involvin Larry Hughes and another player (possibly Etan Thomas ala a sign n trade) for Al Harrington and others...

I wouldnt mind this deal if it was Al Harrington and someone who has potential. I think Al will be a star in this league if he can get a new team or a starting role.

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

No Stackhouse [​IMG]

Larry Hughes and Etan, for Al Harrington and Jonathan Bender?

9. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">No Stackhouse [​IMG]

Larry Hughes and Etan, for Al Harrington and Jonathan Bender?</div>

I wouldnt mind that.

Rumor also has it that Stackhouse started rehabbing at the end of the season is in better condition than he was when he was an allstar.

10. og15

og15 JBB *********

That's exciting [​IMG], if he can get to the line like he used to it would be good, it cancels out a lot of his shooting deficiencies.
    Man I really hope we can make the playoffs next season or at least be close.

11. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

Bender my boy is gonna be great one day in this league, he can score at will and has size over practically anyone in the league. Harrington is a great player a future allstar if he get's a starting role on a team, and he will only prove to be beneficial to the Wizards. This is probably the most interesting rumor I've heard in a while, hope this deal goes through.

12. og15

og15 JBB *********

I like Bender too, but he's a defensive liability, his size and length do help that he can back off players to protect the drive then dtretch out to contest their shots. Still he's not too good on the defensive end, but he's go great atheleticism and a good shooting touch.