Game Thread WCF - Warriors vs Zombie Sonics - Series thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, May 16, 2016.

1. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

It's why I rarely post in the main forum and make little effort to watch games. There, I said it.

2. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    NBA will be reviewing the Draymond play on Adams.

They'll do nothing.

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

4. yenniedn

yenniedn Transplanted Blazer Fan

Enterprise Software Sales
    Oddly enough, this is totally unbelievable yet not at all surprising. Can't believe that GSW came back from down 1-3 but not at all surprised that OKC would blow a 3-1 lead, after demolishing their opponents in games 3 and 4.

It's going to be unbearable around here until the LeBrons crush these guys. All those foolios that put away all their GSW gear last week are going to bring it all back out and pretend nothing happened. And even more bandwagoners will join the fray now. This is going to be a very annoying couple of weeks here; go LeBrons!

TBpup likes this.
  5. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

*at breaking the rules

No way is Silver going to let Draymond pull that shit on King James.

6. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

LeBron has 31.2M twitter followers. In the land of skunks the man with 31.2M twitter followers is king

7. Natebishop3

Or will he?

[​IMG]

rasheedfan2005 likes this.
  8. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

Okc has to consider trading Westbrook this off season because this formula what they have doesn't work no more. If I was Durant I well tell it him or me plus they mind as well get something for him before he bolts after next year. They no flexible in cap room thinks Blazers for the Kanter deal last year. So blow it OKC this off season.

9. Natebishop3

If I'm OKC, I would MUCH rather keep Westbrook. Durant shit the bed big time.

10. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

Problem with that you might get your wish if Durant leave for FA. And might happen after this melt down and Westbrook became the coach. If both stays they need a 3 scorer. Ibaka is kind like Aminu he should like 4th option. But if Westbrook bolts next year to maybe to LA then they don't get nothing.

Pinwheel1 likes this.
  11. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I lived for a bit in the bay area so I have some love fir gsw. Will never cheer for the Bennett's.

Good riddance of OKC - they should never be allowed to win a ring after the Seattle fiasco.

STOMP, Nate and Boob-No-More like this.
  12. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Moving the three-point line back would only benefit Curry and Thompson (and Lillard, for that matter) as they're the three players with the longest (consistent) range by far. A deeper three would hurt every other shooter much more than those three guys. Good for us, since Portland has Lillard, but even better for Golden State.

Moving the three-point line in would hurt Golden State, as it would mitigate their advantage over the rest of the league...but it would also make the game worse (worse spacing -> uglier game) and the league would never do that.

BBert and BlazerCaravan like this.
  13. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

"again"... is the end of that sentence. Didn't Karl Malone and a bunch of other power forwards become three point shooters the year the line was moved in?

14. Bandwagonfansince77

Bandwagonfansince77 Active Member

Honestly, OKC is not broken. If the GSW didn't get miraculous play from Klay in game six along with similar heroics to varying degrees by Iguodala and others, the narrative switches from OKC (Durant and Westbrook) being chokers to GSW instead being defective in some fashion.

OKC is kind of like Clyde v Jordan, and Clyde's Blazers v Bulls. If Jordan didn't exist there would be no shadow on Clyde, and the Blazers could have been remembered in the 90s for being special. Unfortunately for OKC, they ran into a team that had a 73-9 season for a good reason. No shame on OKC, just like no shame on Clyde for having to play during Jordan's era.

I would love to see Durant come here eventually since he is a great player, but it makes no sense to move away from what is essentially a mental barrier to success in to an unknown and unproven team. Who knows for sure if Portland overachieved during our hot month or not? If we don't get crazy there and build confidence and momentum perhaps we just miss the playoffs and the perception remains we are rebuilding and years away from real success. Consequently we would be less enticing a destination for free agents and a player like KD would have little confidence in our ability to get the parts for a championship level team. Until we have the consistent pedigree of success we will not be able to gather a FA of Durant's status.

Also, I want to see Dame and CJ develop at least another year without a superstar in order to see where they take this team. Championships are nice, but this team's journey and story has been nothing short of inspirational and watching their development has been satisfying in a way that a Cleveland fan can't relate to. Cav fans are made up of Lebron fans which is total shit to me. If Dame were to leave the Blazers at some point I will not switch to become a fan of whatever team he joins. He will be the enemy whenever Portland plays him, simple as that. Switching favorite team based on a star player coming or going makes me sick to my stomach.

15. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Who is this guy?

16. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

17. Boob-No-More

It's the Michael Jordan crying face meme Photoshopped onto Russell Westbrook.

BNM

18. Boob-No-More

[​IMG]

Accurate.

BNM

19. selloutking

selloutking BALL DON'T LIE!

not really though
    cause reggie was calling out the other team choking
    where as westbrook was DOING the choking

20. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

The 3pt line change is one of the main things that triggered the move to more 3pt shooting. The season prior, teams averaged 10 3pt attempts per game. After the rule change it jumped up to 15 and never looked back (today it's 24 per game).

The NBA got it in their mind that more points needed to be scored. The truth is that teams just started playing at a slower pace.

For example, in 1985 teams averaged 110 points per game with a Ortg of 107.2 The year before the implemented the rule, the scoring average had fallen to 101.5, but the ORtg was 106.2

So teams averaged 10 less points per game, but only 1 less point per 100 possessions. So the real culprit was pace. Teams in the 80s put up more shots per game.