Bogus! We are quietly doing Philly's lame "process"

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Stevenson, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    It really took a lot, but after 15 years the Blazers have finally lost this season ticket holder.

It makes me sad, but aside from the team being boring and lame, worst of all maybe is that management is secretly and silently doing the Philly "process" - i.e., trying to lose, and for the third year in a row now. But they don't even have the integrity to tell us that that is the plan.

And then there is the "team." The way the players play, and the obscure players they trot out there, and the fake injuries are not even remotely close to the price of admission And in doesn't look to be any different any time soon.

So I'll stop feeling lucky if I sell my lower bowl seats for half-price, stop wishing it was fun to watch this team again, and just stop. I've had my fill.

You win Jody and Joe. Enjoy your empty stadium until 2028.

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

They only traded Dame before this season. The rebuild didn't even officially start until this season. I wish people would be more patient.

3. Trailblazers76

Trailblazers76 Member

It's the shits, but honestly how were the Blazers going to get good without tanking hard? You can't win a ring without superstars so the Blazers have to get lucky and draft a couple, cause we can't get shit all from any other team. We're in no man's land let's face it. Can't get a big name through trade, can't get one in free agency. Our only solution is drafting and luck. The front office did what had to be done. Sure we could have made some lateral moves and remained sniffing the playoffs for another 10 years but I'm tired of that, I want a ring baby. I'm all in on being shit for the next couple years. But I don't buy season tickets so I don't blame you :)

4. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

The Blazers could've been good with Dame... now they weren't going to be a championship contending team with Dame without adding a top 15ish player in the league next to them.

My concern in trading away Dame was I didn't think the probability of finding two new top 15ish players was going to be easier than adding one next to Dame. Neither were going to be easy, but under current ownership, with an inexperienced front office, and with an inexperienced coach; finding, acquiring, developing, and retaining two top 15ish players seemed near impossible. And of course, this rebuild opened up the path of turning into the process 76ers, or the Pistons, or the Magic, Bobcats, etc. for much longer than I think people anticipated. We've got so bad that getting back to the playoffs and getting swept is going to be a tough to accomplish anytime soon, let alone contending.

But here we are, so I'm trying to roll with it! The rebuild will be fun, they said.

5. Natebishop3

But wouldn't how things have gone in Milwaukie maybe been an indication that even adding a top 5 player wouldn't have been enough? I'm interested to see how they play in the playoffs.

CJ_is_Gone and BIG Q like this.
  6. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Hell, look at Phoenix.

Everything Beagle likes this.
  7. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I never liked tanking. It makes games boring. It demoralizes players and fans. And chances of a generational player are still slim. Play your best, win or lose. Get good players and coaches who can make them better. Hope for a pleasant surprise like Damian Lillard.

8. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I still enjoy watching the games. The guys usually play really hard and ball and player movement is pretty good.

ehizzy3 and BassPlaya like this.
  9. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Keep in mind Dame demanded a trade. It wasn’t Joe’s plan.

10. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    The narcissism that the lack of your presence means the whole place is empty lol….

11. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I think that's false

whether it was a plan or just opportunity driven, it's pretty clear to me that Cronin essentially maneuvered Dame into asking for a trade. Dame even asked to rescind his trade request, for a while at least, but bridges were smoldering ashes by then

12. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I don't think trading away Dame was "quiet"....it was the noisiest thing the Blazers had done since trading for Pippen

and as mentioned, that trade was less than 8 months ago, not 8 years

Philly wasn't the first team to use the "process"; and they weren't the last team either. There is no other course for a small market team that doesn't have all-star talent....and Portland doesn't. The Blazers are 22 games behind the 10th seed.

They were not going to generate 22 more wins by playing all their veterans lots of minutes in some idiotic win-now mode. They can't sign high level talent in free agency; they don't have the assets to trade for high level talent. Their only chance is the draft and that chance is only viable if they have a string of high lottery picks and can somehow resist the temptation to use them on players under 6'5

13. Natebishop3

Yeah, the Spurs are currently using "the process" and they have Wemby to show for it.

14. inconceivable

inconceivable Well-Known Member

Our contending team of the future

Scoot / Dame
    Sharpe /
    Camara / Walker
    Markannen / Sarr
    Ayton / Timelord

Assuming Sharpe is Kobe and Scoot is MVP DRose and Camara is Pippen

Phatguysrule likes this.
  15. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

We lost deliberately the two seasons prior to this. This is the 3rd season of deliberately losing games.

Nobody has enough time to waste supporting that... If you enjoy it, that's great.

kjironman1, Whyachi and Hoopguru like this.
  16. BassPlaya

BassPlaya Puntificator

Shop Owner
    ...which for me.....is the whole point. I'm not a fan only to see a championship. I'm a fan to see good people, give their all. I wouldn't trade this for a title winning group of mercenaries and thugs.

Why is Green still playing for GS? He's is an unbalanced thug.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  17. Phatguysrule

Bingo. This was always going to suck more than keeping Dame, IMO.

Which is fine. But don't expect me to fund deliberately losing games.

kjironman1, Tince and Strenuus like this.
  18. Natebishop3

Nobody enjoys working in the mail room. But you have to start somewhere. Some people who start in the mail room, work their way up to management.

The Blazers are currently doing the equivalent of the mail room. It's boring and the work sucks but that's how you get your foot in the door.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  19. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Thats right and that was when we heard we are going to build around Dame.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  20. Phatguysrule

Great. But I don't expect people to pay to watch Chauncy and Joe lick envelopes...