Webber is the King that Sacramento Wants to Trade

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Ice, Oct 4, 2004.

1. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Peja disappears in the playoffs, Nobody gives webbers health improving any credibility. With the exception of paul pierce last year, no great players numbers go down in the playoffs. If it came to a decision where you must trade one or the other, id trade peja instead of webber.

2. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Webber is choke artist himself. I used to be a fan when he was in Michagan. I had high hopes for the fab five lineup. After that choke with the timeout, he never was the same.

3. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ksc6000:</div><div class="quote_post">Webber is a leader, Peja is not. Webber can still create his own shot, Peja cannot. Peja disappeared in the playoffs, why do Kings fans not hold him accountable for that? On top of that, he's a wuss, Webber critisizes him for something that is TRUE, and Peja starts weeping and wants a trade.</div>
    I never said Stojakovic was a leader of any sort personally and I do hold him responsible for that.

but Stojakovic wasnt the one that was publicly critisizing his team members, nor was he the one that said its "his team" now nor was he the one that said he is going to step up and take on a leadership role.

those were all Webber. I am mearly holding Webber to his own words.

now, can someone PLEASE show me where Webber said "Peja sucks"
    you cant because he didnt say it. you can assume all you would like to that he was talking about Stojakovic, but you can also just as rightly assume he was talking about Divac as well.

4. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Good luck Kings?

Unless they want to get some other scrub, they're better off keeping Webber because no other team is going to give anything good for him anymore.</div>

At this point.Of course nobody would take an Injury Ridden Webber.lets say that Webber has a breakthrough year,and maybe he looks decent enough that we could trade him,than that's a possibillity we may trade him.but that's getting ahead of ourselves there.

Webber will stick around,simply because who would take him off our hands?...nobody.

5. ksc6000

ksc6000 JBB JustBBall Member

If Webber leaves, this team is DONE. Finished. Nobody else in the league can lead these guys, if it's anybody it's Webber.

6. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ksc6000:</div><div class="quote_post">If Webber leaves, this team is DONE. Finished. Nobody else in the league can lead these guys, if it's anybody it's Webber.</div>

Pleaaase....have you seen Sacramento's W-L record without Webber in the lineup? The Kings are a much better team without Chris Webber. If the Maloofs could somehow make it easy on themselves, and find a team willing to pick up his contract, the Kings would find better success.

7. ksc6000

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">Pleaaase....have you seen Sacramento's W-L record without Webber in the lineup? The Kings are a much better team without Chris Webber. If the Maloofs could somehow make it easy on themselves, and find a team willing to pick up his contract, the Kings would find better success.</div>

Regular season doesn't mean squat, and if you think it does, then do you forget the 2-3 years prior to Webber's knee injury, they had a BETTER W-L percentage if you recall, so using last year's events don't really make your argument very strong.

8. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">Pleaaase....have you seen Sacramento's W-L record without Webber in the lineup? The Kings are a much better team without Chris Webber. If the Maloofs could somehow make it easy on themselves, and find a team willing to pick up his contract, the Kings would find better success.</div>

Now that i will agree with a Laker fan on.LOL

It's true we seem to have somewhat more sucess W/O Webber,but like now if we were to off Webbers contract,nobody would take him at this point.if Webber were to have a great season this year,and the Kings wanted to trade him than,i could see it happening.but not now.

9. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ksc6000:</div><div class="quote_post">Webber is a leader, Peja is not. Webber can still create his own shot, Peja cannot. Peja disappeared in the playoffs, why do Kings fans not hold him accountable for that? On top of that, he's a wuss, Webber critisizes him for something that is TRUE, and Peja starts weeping and wants a trade.</div>

What shot exactly does Webber create? A jumper from the elbow? A jump hook off the backboard? That's the problem with Webber, its all perception but not reality. He has no go to shot, that's why he's a flameout at crunch time.

Peja is the singular best shooter in the league. The reason he's a flameout in the playoffs is partly his fault but also his teammates' fault because they did not give him the same opportunities as during the regular season.

Bibby, Peja and Miller comprise a young, great core for the future. Webber is superfluous at this point.

10. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post">

Peja is the singular best shooter in the league. The reason he's a flameout in the playoffs is partly his fault but also his teammates' fault because they did not give him the same opportunities as during the regular season. </div>
    if you think they didnt give him enough opportunities, you were not watching the game very closely.

he had plenty of opportunities and the rest of the team kept encouraging him to keep taking his shots.

11. ksc6000

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">
    he had plenty of opportunities and the rest of the team kept encouraging him to keep taking his shots.</div>

Yea, and he kept bricking them. One after another.

12. ksc6000

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MR_SAC_KING:</div><div class="quote_post">Now that i will agree with a Laker fan on.LOL

It's true we seem to have somewhat more sucess W/O Webber,but like now if we were to off Webbers contract,nobody would take him at this point.if Webber were to have a great season this year,and the Kings wanted to trade him than,i could see it happening.but not now.</div>

THat was just LAST sesaon...after WEbber came back from an injury!!! Why can't ppl understand that? Look at the years prior when Webber was healthy and their regular season wins were higher than they'd ever been.

13. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ksc6000:</div><div class="quote_post">THat was just LAST sesaon...after WEbber came back from an injury!!! Why can't ppl understand that? Look at the years prior when Webber was healthy and their regular season wins were higher than they'd ever been.</div>

beautifully said.

i don't want to see webber in any other jersey besides a sacramento king's one. he just looks too good in it.

after hearing barkley bark every night so far about trading peja for artest, he won me over..that would really help the kings win a title. all of you know this, but peja is great in the season, but playoffs..i must admit he did play some nice D against dallas though. artest in a kings uniform, the kings would be scary.

14. harbingerofdoom

I am a solid NO WAY on the idea of artest now (you can read why here if you want)

ksc: you are going to have to explain to me what you are talking about cuze either you are way wrong, you & sacking are misunderstanding eachother or I have just blown all my logic circuits out (a distinct possibility).

I dont see how you can possibly think that people are going to look at Webbers numbers from years past and not take into consideration the knee injury.

Right here & right now there is no way that anyone will take Webber. He is going to have to have a season better than any he has had in the past to have more than just the lower eschelon teams interested in him as far as any trade goes.

So if I am misunderstanding you, please explain so I no longer am.

15. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">I am a solid NO WAY on the idea of artest now (you can read why here if you want)

ksc: you are going to have to explain to me what you are talking about cuze either you are way wrong, you & sacking are misunderstanding eachother or I have just blown all my logic circuits out (a distinct possibility).

I dont see how you can possibly think that people are going to look at Webbers numbers from years past and not take into consideration the knee injury.

Right here & right now there is no way that anyone will take Webber. He is going to have to have a season better than any he has had in the past to have more than just the lower eschelon teams interested in him as far as any trade goes.

So if I am misunderstanding you, please explain so I no longer am.</div>

There is no misunderstanding on your part on my take of the situtation.you seem to be saying the same thing that I'VE been saying about Webber.

16. ksc6000

What I'm saying is that it's absolutely RIDICULOUS when people say stuff like "we seem to have somewhat more sucess W/O Webber" because that is simply not true! You cannot use last season as an example because of reasons I've already stated. If it was true the Kings would've easily beat the Dallas Mavericks when Webber had his injury, no? Because if the Kings play so much better without Webber, they should've stomped on the Mavs as soon as Chris went out. That did not happen. The Kings are not a better team without C-Webb.

17. Love4TheKings13

Love4TheKings13 JBB JustBBall Member

All this stuff Im reading is really sad, seriously. I usually just say whatever to peoples rude comments..but it's really startin to piss me off. You guys who talk all this mess about Webber..why even consider yourself a fan? If your not a fan of Webber your not a real Kings fan. A real kings fan wouldn't diss one of their players like this..especially the top player that they have..who is always consistent and gets his points and will give all he has. I'll bet anything none of you guys weren't talking all this trash when he was winning games for us. I'm not even going to go on..I don't even know what to say..it's just messed up how you "fans" talk about Webb. We already lost Divac..without Webb where would we be?

18. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Love4TheKings13:</div><div class="quote_post">I'll bet anything none of you guys weren't talking all this trash when he was winning games for us...without Webb where would we be?</div>

true that. someone else with a heart and knowledge that c-webb is the heart of the team, he made the franchise, richmond was good, but come on webber was the one who started the big kings fan base..

losing vlade is tough..

19. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting holyace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">true that. someone else with a heart and knowledge that c-webb is the heart of the team, he made the franchise, richmond was good, but come on webber was the one who started the big kings fan base..
    </div>

I couldn't agree more. Before Webber came to Sacramento they were the joke of the league, and along with Divac, he brought respectability to the franchise. The doctors said that it would take 18 months for Webber's knee to fully heal (which is about nowish). If you want to bash him, wait to see how the Kings do this season first and then make your judgements.

20. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ksc6000:</div><div class="quote_post">What I'm saying is that it's absolutely RIDICULOUS when people say stuff like "we seem to have somewhat more sucess W/O Webber" because that is simply not true! You cannot use last season as an example because of reasons I've already stated. If it was true the Kings would've easily beat the Dallas Mavericks when Webber had his injury, no? Because if the Kings play so much better without Webber, they should've stomped on the Mavs as soon as Chris went out. That did not happen. The Kings are not a better team without C-Webb.</div>
    I am not looking ONLY at last seasons performance with and without Webber. I am also looking at this years pre-season, the type of injury he had, the type of surgury required to fix it and how successfull others who have had the same type of proceedure have been afterwards.

the fact is, there are not a lot of people who come back from this type of injury. generally speaking it can, and often times is, a career ending injury.

Its only because of who Webber is and the type of player Webber has been in the past that I am giving him enough credit to say that he could make a comback from this type of injury.