Webber Likely to Sign with Detroit

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Combs, Jan 10, 2007.

1. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Why do you guys not trust Philly fans when we tell you how bad Webber is now and how much of a liability he is? Honestly lol we've now had to deal with him since he's been back from the surgery. Do you want me to list the many negatives about him? He's injury prone, doesn't bother on defense, whines about everything that he's not happy about, shoot's jumpers from the elbow the whole time, plays incredibly soft, very selfish and plays for himself, shoots a horrible fg% for a big man, and he has a huge ass ego. It's not a no loss situation but a lose/lose situation if you guys sign Webber. You can either sit him no the bench like he deserves and give him a small role and he will bi*ch about it non-stop and happen to get injured or you can give him a starting role and let him screw up on both ends of the floor. Seriously guys both BigMo and I will tel you how much bad news Webber is. BTW calling Webber underrated has to be the funniest post of the year. I literally almost fell out of my chair when I read that.

2. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Jan 14 2007, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why do you guys not trust Philly fans when we tell you how bad Webber is now and how much of a liability he is? Honestly lol we've now had to deal with him since he's been back from the surgery. Do you want me to list the many negatives about him? He's injury prone, doesn't bother on defense, whines about everything that he's not happy about, shoot's jumpers from the elbow the whole time, plays incredibly soft, very selfish and plays for himself, shoots a horrible fg% for a big man, and he has a huge ass ego. It's not a no loss situation but a lose/lose situation if you guys sign Webber. You can either sit him no the bench like he deserves and give him a small role and he will bi*ch about it non-stop and happen to get injured or you can give him a starting role and let him screw up on both ends of the floor. Seriously guys both BigMo and I will tel you how much bad news Webber is. BTW calling Webber underrated has to be the funniest post of the year. I literally almost fell out of my chair when I read that.</div>Winning makes ALL the difference.Basketball is 50% mental - if you aren't mentally sound and satisfied your game will suffer. That isn't the only difference, 76ers Webber was depended on to 'revive' the Sixers - he isn't in that situation anymore - not only that, but things just got horrendous after Iverson left to the Nuggets; team moral was probably at its all time lowest, I couldn't even imagine how it must have been in the locker room. Now that Webber is signing with a WINNING team, one that potentially has a chance to win the title, everything changes. We don't need him to come in to Detroit and score 20 points a night, and get 15 rebounds - we just need him to come in and fill in a center spot. He IS better than both of our centers right now (Nazr Mohammed, Dale Davis) - we are improving one of our positions. Webber has asked to get a starting spot - well, he's got that - Webber will most likely be starting at either the PF spot (with Rasheed at Center), or the Center spot with Dale Davis and Nazr Mohammed as his backups (I'm sure one of those two will leave Detroit shortly). I think you will be surprised.

3. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Whatever I'm tired of debating this. Like BigMo told me the other day I should just let you guys think what you want. Even if Webber doesn't whine about everything your still leaving out the fact that he's not even a good player anymore. You guys don't even seem to realize that he doesn't bother on defense and on offense all he does is shoot jumpers from the elbow all day. I guess you guys are just gonna make an exucse for that also...

4. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

5. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

I don't know about him wearing #4...And Philly fans...you guys aren't getting the point. Webber can still produce. The Detroit situation is one where Webber can thrive, Philly definitely wasn't. You guys were looking for an all-star out of him. We're looking for an upgrade. I thin this team could potentially be better with Webber starting than Ben Wallace starting for the past few years.Come back in a month and re-visit this thread, and I will admit it if I was a talking fool. But I think you guys are just gonna end up looking silly

6. detroit03

detroit03 BBW Member

I dont think it is even about anyone looking silly...the point is, whatever we get out of him, has got to be better than what we have gotten out of mohammed to this point...there is a reason nazr was benched in favour or dale davis...he just flat out is not a starter....and althought dale davis is giving an admirable effort, he is also what you do not want out of your center...the best part about webber being the center, is going to be the fact he is one of the all time great passing big men in the league....so what if he doesn't rebound...weve been able to deal with that thru nazrs first 20+ games....his attitude sucks?...mine would too if I was put in the situation he has been put in....philly has/had lost all hope once iverson left town...the whole attitude thing you guys are trying to throw our way, about how he whines and complains...we heard this all a few years back when Rasheed was on his way in...and look how well that turned out

7. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Jan 14 2007, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know about him wearing #4...And Philly fans...you guys aren't getting the point. Webber can still produce. The Detroit situation is one where Webber can thrive, Philly definitely wasn't. You guys were looking for an all-star out of him. We're looking for an upgrade. I thin this team could potentially be better with Webber starting than Ben Wallace starting for the past few years.Come back in a month and re-visit this thread, and I will admit it if I was a talking fool. But I think you guys are just gonna end up looking silly</div>No you guys are just making excuses for Webber. When will you guys figure out that Webber doesn't even produce well anymore? He doesn't een try on defense and on offense he'll just play soft and shoot jumpers from the elbow all day and make only 40% of them.

8. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

We watched the kid become a high school prodigy in Detroit for 4 years, carry U of M on his back, and the whole country watched what he can do in Sacramento's glory days. If you want us to put all of our stock into him being banished to Philadelphia for a couple season in the latter of his career, it's not going to happen. We know he's older and injury-prone. He's back home and we're excited to see what we get, for better or worse. Like I've said 3 times now, I expect a bigger impact in the lockerroom than on the court. And please, don't base your next post on the dude being a bad dude, because we know who Chris Webber is.

9. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jan 14 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We watched the kid become a high school prodigy in Detroit for 4 years, carry U of M on his back, and the whole country watched what he can do in Sacramento's glory days. If you want us to put all of our stock into him being banished to Philadelphia for a couple season in the latter of his career, it's not going to happen. We know he's older and injury-prone. He's back home and we're excited to see what we get, for better or worse. Like I've said 3 times now, I expect a bigger impact in the lockerroom than on the court. And please, don't base your next post on the dude being a bad dude, because we know who Chris Webber is.</div>Will you guys just except the fact that Chris Webber hasn't been the same player he used to be since the surgery.

10. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

WE DON'T NEED HIM TO BE!We don't need him to take over and put up crazy numbers. Just be a low post threat who can dish out to open men.

11. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Captain @ Jan 14 2007, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>WE DON'T NEED HIM TO BE!We don't need him to take over and put up crazy numbers. Just be a low post threat who can dish out to open men.</div>Thanks for proving nothing other than the fact that you haven't watched Webber once since he had the surgery. Or atleast you haven't paid attention to how he played. Webber isn't a low post threat at all. He isn't even very good anymore period. God when will this get through your guys head. Balla and BigMo will both back me up on this and they both actually watch him play all the time. Webber is far from a low post threat. You know how 95% of Webbers points come from? Shooting the ball from the elbow. The sad thing about it is he isn't even good from shooting it from there. Last season he shot 42% and this season he was shooting an even worse 37%. On defense he doesn't even try anymore. Quit thinking you guys no Webber better than fans of his last team because anyone who says Webber can be a low post threat obviously doesn't know anything about how Webber plays now.

12. Marklar MM

Marklar MM BBW Member

ESPN reports that Webber is signing with Detroit on Tuesday. Don't feel like finding the link, but it is on ESPN.

13. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

It sounds to me you just have a personal vendetta against Chris Webber for not coming to Philadelphia and being your savior like everybody wanted him to be. You are being pretty closeminded, not thinking that a load of talent and a career to back it all up could just have been in a bad situation in Philly, not been motivated, and was hurt a good portion of the time.Webber was a jumpshot shooter because he was playing on one leg, AND that's what Philly made him into. WEBBER IS AN UPGRADE FOR US. HE MAKES US BETTER. That's it.

14. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You are being pretty closeminded, not thinking that a load of talent and a career to back it all up could just have been in a bad situation in Philly, not been motivated, and was hurt a good portion of the time.</div>Agreed. I think he wasn't very motivated in Philly. He was also hurt quite a bit like you said.

15. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

ESPN is reporting that we signed him and I am pumped. I think he will come to Detroit with a positive mindset and will give us a boost. I am so excited to see hwo the team plays with him now. Welcome C Webb!

16. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It sounds to me you just have a personal vendetta against Chris Webber for not coming to Philadelphia and being your savior like everybody wanted him to be. You are being pretty closeminded, not thinking that a load of talent and a career to back it all up could just have been in a bad situation in Philly, not been motivated, and was hurt a good portion of the time.</div>While I agree with the first part, the part where you say his load of talent and career to back it up could have been a bad situation gets kind of cloudy. I do think the situation wasn't the greatest but you have to fault C-Webb as well. Especially the being hurt part, that's not a good sign. Also, you can't really state his past career as he's obviously not the same player in the past. He's on the downhill and I can see how some are vocal about him not being a impact.I do think C-Webb can still have a positive impact on team that fits C-Webb at this state of his career. And I think the Pistons were a good choice. They can utilize his passing and ability to hit the elbow jumper. But other than that, Piston fans shouldn't be expecting a major starter or player. He's just a good role player to have now.

17. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

I'll admit I don't like Webber, but I'm not letting that get int he way of my judgement. If I was I would still be arguing that Webber will be a selfish player for you guys and whine if he doesn't getb his way. Answer this question for me. How many times did you watch Webber play to be able to blame everything on Philly which all you Detroit fans are doing. You can't blame everything on a team. Are you saying Philadelphia told Webber to shoot jumpers from the elbow all day even though he shot a horrible % doing it? Are you saying Philadelphia told Webber not to even bother on defense? Allen Iverson gave Webber plenty of chances to score with the ball like Webber demanded and Webber was the one that couldn't do anything. If Webber was the player you guys are making him out to be he would've done well in Philly with the amount of times he got the ball. Quit blaming everything on Philadelphia because you can't just blame the fatc that they were a losing team on everything. Oh yeah and also I don't hate Webber because he didn't live up to the expectations. I hate him because in Philly he was selfish, hurt the development of players like Iggy on the offensive end by demanding a lot of touches, and because he wouldn't even bother of defense.

18. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Maybe he was selfish because he is a veteran who has won alot of basketball games and there are no good players on the Sixers. Nobody on that team can get the job done. If the Sixers ever develop into a title contendor none of the guys who are there now are good enough to be part of that. Andre Iguodala might have the potential to be a 3rd scoring option on a contending team if he continues his develpment. Kyle Korver could possibly be 6th man material for a contendor. Other than that, there is no talent there, so why wouldn't a seasoned veteran who has been a winner his whole life be selfish?

19. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jan 15 2007, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe he was selfish because he is a veteran who has won alot of basketball games and there are no good players on the Sixers. Nobody on that team can get the job done. If the Sixers ever develop into a title contendor none of the guys who are there now are good enough to be part of that. Andre Iguodala might have the potential to be a 3rd scoring option on a contending team if he continues his develpment. Kyle Korver could possibly be 6th man material for a contendor. Other than that, there is no talent there, so why wouldn't a seasoned veteran who has been a winner his whole life be selfish?</div>Dude I already admitted a few days ago Webber will probably not be as selfish on a winning team. Were past that now. I would'nt have cared if Webber was selfish if he would have actually produced for us but he didn't. You guys are probably gonna think of a reason for him not playing well on Philadelphia also though huh? You can't blame Philadelphia for the fact that Webber didn't bother on defense. You can't blame Webber for only shooting jumpers from the elbow even though he shot a horrible % doing it. You can say it was because he didn't like being on a good team so it made him not give 100% but considering the fact that Iverson stayed there for 11 years despite that it would also be a pretty bad excuse. Just because your on a losing team doesn't mean you shouldn't have to give 100% which apparently is something Webber thought was ok.

20. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

I'm not expecting 20 and 10 from him. You're trying to convince us he is a bad guy to have on your team. I'm trying to tell you Webber and Philadelphia was a disaster for more reasons than 1 and can most definately be blamed on more people than himself. Nobody in this thread has tried to convince you that Webber is still a superstar in the NBA.