Webber Likely to Sign with Detroit

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Combs, Jan 10, 2007.

1. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (detroit03 @ Jan 18 2007, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wow, dude you really got to move on and quit worrying about C-Webb's future with the pistons...obviously basketball people like Joe D and the coaching staff know a little more than you, or else we would have heard how Joe D asked this really great iversonfan in Cali whether he should spend the money...wait that didnt happen because Joe D KNOWS basketball opposed to you and your opinion of basketball...stay a fan of the game and let the real people handle the business and personnel end of it...Would someone please close this thread!!!!</div>Just because he knows basketball doesn't mean I don't either. Also like I said I'm done debating about Webber and how he will do with th Pistons untill he's played a decent amount of games with them. Just I could help but not laugh at the fact that he said Webber, one of the worst defensive players in the league, ould play solid defense. Which is true. Even most of you Detroit fans haven't been denying that. BTW this whole time I've been just trying to tell you guys how Webber plays now since a lot of you guys didn't seem to believe me when I said Webber isn't that great on offense anymore. I've never been worried about how he plays in Detroit or anything like you just said. Just you Detroit fans weren't listening to me when I was saying he's not that great on offense anymore and it was frustrating me so I kept going on about it. I could care less how Webber plays in Detroit as long as we don't have to deal w/ him anymore.

2. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

(iversonfan) STFU already we get what you think about Webber. And I agree about his D, but the guy put up 20/10 last season his average. And I know those 20/10 were not good 20/10, but 20/10 is still 20/10 hard to just put up those #'s.Webber can help the Pistons they got good D so Webber's not good D won't hurt them as much.

3. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

haha dude chill out. I've already said I'm not debating this anymore. I read something I find funny so I just post how I feel, Detroit03 thinks I'm still debating this so he replys to it. I reply explaining I'm not debating this still to him and I was just replying to the comment and now you reply like I'm still debating this. I shutup about how I feel about Webber a few dyas ago.

4. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Jan 18 2007, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>haha dude chill out. I've already said I'm not debating this anymore. I read something I find funny so I just post how I feel, Detroit03 thinks I'm still debating this so he replys to it. I reply explaining I'm not debating this still to him and I was just replying to the comment and now you reply like I'm still debating this. I shutup about how I feel about Webber a few dyas ago.</div>HAHA aight man sorry just tired of all the Webber hate going around he can still do enough to help a team who is good with D like the Pistons are.

5. rennyren

rennyren BBW Member

I think of it like this. webber is an improvement over ben wallace. his talents offensively benefit us more than wallace's talents would defensively. his liability defensively is no where near the gaping hole as wallace's was offensively. and his liability defensively can be covered up in the regular season and in the playoffs, because flip is masterful at implementing zone. no matter what flip did or any coach for that matter, you cant help ben put the ball in the bucket. wallace is washed up because the older he gets, the slower he gets with his trademark help D, and his one and only talent vanishes in thin air. ANYbody can box out and grab a board if they want it, and webber can rebound just fine. age wont affect webbers ability to get a simple hook shot or a baseline j. age has already affected wallace's ability to do what he does. and as long as we go deep in the playoffs, HE unlike wallace will likely resign, regardless of the paycheck.

6. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

Yeah, my thing is this..he is gonna help us get by Miami. Why? Because he is a 5th scoring option,, and can pass the basketball and create better scoring opportunities. But you will say..oh noo but now he has to cover Shaq and Shaq is gonna kill us. The thing of it is though, is Shaq always kills us..Ben would make a play once or twice on him but the majority of the time it was a lot of easy buckets. So our offense goes up.Defensively..you can't stop Shaq anyway so who cares?There isn't gonna be another team in the East I'm worried about other than Washington but they always choke it away somehow.And Renny that's funny you got ya fav player as Chris Webber..makes m think of all the arguments we've had and how much you've hated Webber [​IMG].

7. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Jan 20 2007, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, my thing is this..he is gonna help us get by Miami. Why? Because he is a 5th scoring option,, and can pass the basketball and create better scoring opportunities. But you will say..oh noo but now he has to cover Shaq and Shaq is gonna kill us. The thing of it is though, is Shaq always kills us..Ben would make a play once or twice on him but the majority of the time it was a lot of easy buckets. So our offense goes up.Defensively..you can't stop Shaq anyway so who cares?There isn't gonna be another team in the East I'm worried about other than Washington but they always choke it away somehow.And Renny that's funny you got ya fav player as Chris Webber..makes m think of all the arguments we've had and how much you've hated Webber [​IMG] .</div>The Shaq issue is gonna be handled by mostly Dale Davis - thats why he's staying - or else we would be pretty screwed with what to do with shaq.

8. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

Webber is going to be playing 30+ minutes in the playoffs, he's gonna be guarding Shaq a lot. And like I said..I'm fine with that for the reasons I said. Playing Dale Davis a ton of minutes to stop Shaq would be dumb..because you can't stop him anyway...might as well play an offensive weapon.

9. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

C-Webb tonight VS Kings-11/10/2/2 in 29 minutes. Could of had at least 3 more assists if the team would actually finish the shots. Again, I'm happy with his performance.

10. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

29 points in 2 nights and he just came to town, but they were a scrubby-like cancerous 29 points!

11. rennyren

rennyren BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Jan 20 2007, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, my thing is this..he is gonna help us get by Miami. Why? Because he is a 5th scoring option,, and can pass the basketball and create better scoring opportunities. But you will say..oh noo but now he has to cover Shaq and Shaq is gonna kill us. The thing of it is though, is Shaq always kills us..Ben would make a play once or twice on him but the majority of the time it was a lot of easy buckets. So our offense goes up.Defensively..you can't stop Shaq anyway so who cares?There isn't gonna be another team in the East I'm worried about other than Washington but they always choke it away somehow.And Renny that's funny you got ya fav player as Chris Webber..makes m think of all the arguments we've had and how much you've hated Webber [​IMG].</div>that was before he was on our team. my cousin went to country day and played for the girls team and won a bunch of sh*t. I remember new years eve, she was dating chris webbers brother and they came over. he was a baller too but never made anything of himself.

12. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

So much for old and useless.Webber with ANOTHER nice game.7-9 shooting, 19/6/3 Could of had at least 2 more assists, but we kept missing gimme shots. Sure, he is a little lackluster on D, but it's worth it if we can get games like this all the time. His passing helps out a TON.

13. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

Dude that was another nice game by Webber. Old and useless my ass. He sure as hell ain't looking old and useless to me.

14. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

Yeah, and where are those Philly fans now? I figured they'd leave for a bit. of course they'll be back the first bad game he has tho [​IMG].Webber is really killing it. You can see once he gets the ball he starts to shoot it, and brings it back. Probably a habit he picked up in Phily. But he certainly isn't settling for crappy shots. A lot of his points were dunks and layups or from the FT line from being aggressive. He's a perfect fit.

15. wade2shaq93

wade2shaq93 BBW Elite Member

I wish he wouldve joined the Heat instead I was all hyped up when they said it on ESPN. I knew hed be good in a winning environment. :cry2:

16. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Hey I've been admitting Webber has been looking good in Detroit so far. Don't act like I haven't admitted it earlier. I already said earlier as long as you guys don't mind him shooting from the elbow all the time you shuoldn't have a problem with him since you guys don't need him to be effective on D. He's suprisingly shooting a pretty good % and the little I've seen of him he's looked solid. He still seemed pretty soft in the game I saw but I'll admit so far I'm wrong.

17. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

The thing of it is, is he ISN'T settling for jumpshots at the top of the key. He is taking it to the hoop and playing under the basket. Just making that clear :greengrin: