Welcome bbw.us members!

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by MikeDC, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris BBW Elite Member

It's not even that he sold it...it's that he didn't tell us and actually posted a lie on the site saying it was "under construction." Thats what's pissing me off.</p>

I'm not sure if I'll post here or not. Doesn't seem the same at all. I'll post a bit this week and give it a chance.</p>

2. bronco92

bronco92 Managing Partner

KCX... not trying to change the conversation here but that little bug in your sig image is awesome! I have finger smudging all over my screen now! LOL

3. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

Yeah, Combs is just a lying, betraying selfish, rotten bastard........

4. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

I know I'm not posting at this forum. Hopefully when the second "BBW" forum goes up, we can all just move there. Thanks to all the BBW members of before though...</p>

PS- Has anyone talked to Tony? </p>

5. And1Ba11a

And1Ba11a BBW Member

WTF is this peice of shit!!!! Im going to transfer to realballers cause i hate these kind of sites and i want to have a community just like bballworld so im going to start posting at realballers. This shit is gay look at this ugly peice of shit!!! where the fuck is everything DAMN wtf im out never posting here again. I fucking hate u all and dont tell me not to cuss. Cause i will woop ur ass

6. And1Ba11a

And1Ba11a BBW Member

WTF is this peice of shit!!!! Im going to transfer to realballers cause i hate these kind of sites and i want to have a community just like bballworld so im going to start posting at realballers. This shit is gay look at this ugly peice of shit!!! where the fuck is everything DAMN wtf im out never posting here again. I fucking hate u all and dont tell me not to cuss. Cause i will woop ur ass

7. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris)</div><div class='quotemain'>

It's not even that he sold it...it's that he didn't tell us and actually posted a lie on the site saying it was "under construction." Thats what's pissing me off.</p>

I'm not sure if I'll post here or not. Doesn't seem the same at all. I'll post a bit this week and give it a chance. </p>

</div></p>

I posted that. To be fair about the whole thing. It wasn't a lie. It said "undergoing maintenance" which is exactly what was going on. I've already apoligized once for not making some grand announcment ahead of time, but I also explained the reason why it was done as it was.</p>

I'll apologize again right here. I meant no harm or to piss anyone off. If I did, it was unintentional, and based upon circumstances. I'm truly sorry if it was mishandled in some way.</p>

Regards</p>

</p>

</p>

8. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, Combs is just a lying, betraying selfish, rotten bastard........</div></p>

</p>

How about this. If you guys stay, we'll find the guy and kick him in the sack a few times? </p>

</p>

In past forums I've moderated, we've always been able to work out problems like this amicably...</p>

</p>

[​IMG]</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

9. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeDC)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, Combs is just a lying, betraying selfish, rotten bastard........</div></p>

</p>

How about this. If you guys stay, we'll find the guy and kick him in the sack a few times? </p>

</p>

In past forums I've moderated, we've always been able to work out problems like this amicably...</p>

</p>

[​IMG]</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div></p>

No ones going to stay just because of that. I doubt Combs will show his face around here anyways...</p>

10. KobeBryant_24

It is to the point where I may stay just because of the admins here are so nice...

11. And1Ba11a

And1Ba11a BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeDC)</div><div class='quotemain'>

</p>

</p>

</p>

[​IMG]</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

STFU</p>

12. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Sboyd, IM someone from BBW...

13. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor
    On the big forum vs. small community thing, I'm of the opinion that good people is good people.</p>

It's not true that you can't be big and have a good community. I've been there and done that. I've also been involved in a number of good big sites that were composed of several smaller communities that got along with each other but more or less had their own thing going too. We aren't the sort of guys that are going to come in and force everyone to do exactly what we want. The places on the boards you guys hang out, the things you like to do, they're all still there, and all still available for doing. And everyone you know can get there and do the same kind of stuff they've always done, in addition to checking out the new stuff. So to me, obviously I'm not a guy who knows your community yet and I'm not going to pretend I do, but you've got the same stuff, you've got the same activities available, and all of you will at least find your way here if you give it a chance and stick around for a while.</p>

And of course, you've got owners and admins that are willing to work hard to make this place home. It's also my experience that having people that are simply willing to put in the effort goes a lot further than anything else in making a place good.</p>

</p>

</p>

14. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24)</div><div class='quotemain'>It is to the point where I may stay just because of the admins here are so nice...</div></p>

Attached is a gift.</p>

Thanks for the kind words. I sure can use a few today...</p>

Cheers</p>

15. pistolx

pistolx BBW Member

A lot of the old BBW members here are being very immature and selfish you guys are acting like its the new owners fault that Combs sold the site there trying to just do the best for all of you and actually did a lot of work transfering all posts for you guys, and you guys are now just acting like omggg so gay im leaving, I know you guys are real young most of you atlest but lets grow up</p>

</p>

You guys really are acting like a internet forum was the only thing you guys did during your spare time</p>

16. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sboyd, IM someone from BBW...</div></p>

I have. I forget who, but two people are starting up another site. Do you have my sn?</p>

17. KobeBryant_24

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pistolx)</div><div class='quotemain'>

A lot of the old BBW members here are being very immature and selfish you guys are acting like its the new owners fault that Combs sold the site there trying to just do the best for all of you and actually did a lot of work transfering all posts for you guys, and you guys are now just acting like omggg so gay im leaving, I know you guys are real young most of you atlest but lets grow up</p>

</p>

You guys really are acting like a internet forum was the only thing you guys did during your spare time </p></div>What on earth are you talking about? We are mad at Combs, we actually like your admins.... think before you speak

18. Real Deal

Real Deal OTR Owner

Some of you know me, some don't...but I'm not going to bother talking about my site, don't care to. What happened isn't Tony's fault, although Tony and I have had it out many times in the past, I'm just stating the truth. Also, the owners/admins here purchased the board with the understanding that they were taking in a great community and a domain name that is spread out among the search engines.</p>

The owners of SportsTwo aren't at fault, either.</p>

However, I've talked with Tony. I know some of you are going out and starting a new site, but I encourage you to stay here and keep in touch with Tony, because I'm working to fix a few things and help all sides out in this situation (minus Combs who, frankly, isn't even a name to me). </p>

19. pistolx

pistolx BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (And1Ba11a)</div><div class='quotemain'>WTF is this peice of shit!!!! Im going to transfer to realballers cause i hate these kind of sites and i want to have a community just like bballworld so im going to start posting at realballers. This shit is gay look at this ugly peice of shit!!! where the fuck is everything DAMN wtf im out never posting here again. I fucking hate u all and dont tell me not to cuss. Cause i will woop ur ass</div>Thats the kind of member you really dont want to have

20. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

PM Tony, we've found a place to go that he runs.