Werd

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by .cabangbang, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">C'mon you guys school or no school, work or no work, this will be one of the few times the Warriors are going to be actually good this season (hopefully).</div>

I will probably do what I have done for the last few years; watch all the games either at the game or on TV when the local team plays them, try to catch all of the national TV games, watch for highlights on sportscenter and read about the games on JBB. [​IMG]

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I like to see how you guys are appreciating the community you have here... where everything you say will get a reply but at the same time won't be overlooked. Out of all the forums, the Warrior forum is one of my favorites to read. Just be thankful that your favorite team isn't a small market like Memphis. Then the offseason becomes unbarable.

3. Warriorfansnc93

I thought the bay area was considered a small market...

4. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">I thought the bay area was considered a small market...</div>

Compared to Memphis? Hardly. Even if we had as many people as the bay area, they'd be too poor to have functioning computers and a good internet connection or they'd be too Southern to give a damn about basketball. You can't really compare such a vibrant and diverse area as the bay area to such a racially divided, poor, conservative city like Memphis.

5. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I feel you Voodoo Child. We really have it good in this forum, I love talking Warriors basketball because I know I am going to get a lot of feedback and discussion here. But it wasn't always like this as me and custodian can attest to. When I first got here I was the only Warriors fan here. We've come a long way.

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Yeah, Rudeezy was the first moderator to encourage me to start posting, and since then I wouldn't shut up. [​IMG]

Hey VooDoo I could post some on the Memphis board, but I don't know too much of what's going on with the direction of the team. I'm curious as to whether Pau Gasol is going to be this franchise player I envisioned when he was just dominant in the Olympics. I think if he bulks up even more and plays some D, works on shot selection, plays more intense and avoids those turnovers he'll be fine. I notice he's still really more dependent on his speed than his strength despite he's also a very good low post guy as well as a face the basket player. He could be a borderline tweener since his initial projection was to be a Dirk Nowitzki/Toni Kukoc SF/PF type player, but he's tenacious and physical on offense as a F/C when he wants to be. Now if he can just improve that defensive softness and learn to step up in games...

7. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Hey VooDoo I could post some on the Memphis board, but I don't know too much of what's going on with the direction of the team. I'm curious as to whether Pau Gasol is going to be this franchise player I envisioned when he was just dominant in the Olympics. I think if he bulks up even more and plays some D, works on shot selection, plays more intense and avoids those turnovers he'll be fine. I notice he's still really more dependent on his speed than his strength despite he's also a very good low post guy as well as a face the basket player. He could be a borderline tweener since his initial projection was to be a Dirk Nowitzki/Toni Kukoc SF/PF type player, but he's tenacious and physical on offense as a F/C when he wants to be. Now if he can just improve that defensive softness and learn to step up in games...</div>

I've actually used to talking to myself in that forum by now. [​IMG]

Even I don't know what direction they're going in though... Jerry is insane. As for Gasol, I don't think it's possible for anyone to be a "franchise player" for the Grizzlies in the sense that you're thinking if they keep running that 10-man rotation. To be honest, I hate the guy and want him gone. He's effective, but I hate watching him play; his style of play belongs in the WNBA. I don't think he can play SF. I've only seen him play it once or twice, and that was his rookie year; didn't go over too well. This year they say they're going to play him more at C... should be interesting to see how that goes...

Oh yeah, and nice job bringing in the Warriors fanbase (deezy & custodian). [​IMG]

8. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Sorry I haven't been around lately, I got an admin position at another site.... But I lurk and if there is something worth posting too you'll see me yakkin again

9. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry I haven't been around lately, I got an admin position at another site.... But I lurk and if there is something worth posting too you'll see me yakkin again</div>

You make it sound like they are paying you for that... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">You make it sound like they are paying you for that... [​IMG]

[​IMG]</div>haha

You couldn't possibly have found a better site than this! [​IMG]

11. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">haha

You couldn't possibly have found a better site than this! [​IMG]</div>

It is not better... but I have to run it ya know. I still love JBB

12. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">It is not better... but I have to run it ya know. I still love JBB</div>

Boo [​IMG]

13. Rudeezy

To each his own.[​IMG]