West to the Spurs

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Jul 6, 2015.

1. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

The only good from these super teams is rooting against them. But when you come close to beating them they get phantom calls and are allowed to travel. The game has been losing integrity for years and im beginning to realize like most problems in life its because the fucking coddle generation puts winning above hard work and loyalty.

2. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    I know. It almost takes the fun out of the game. What's the point of following a team if you can't take the necessary steps to keep any of your talent from jumping ship. I feel for Olshey in a strange way. You are trying to build but a team, but what players do you earmark for trades and which ones do you keep, Nards is up for FA, do you trade him when hid value is high, how can you not? It's a losing battle, must drive Olshey crazy?!

3. rasheedfan2005

I suppose this is why ive always loved blazers. Never had anything handed to them, always persevere. Thats why lillard has catapulted to my favorite blazer. He loves being the underdog. Honestly id rather win it all with hard work and team ball than stacking team with ring seeking stars. The victory tastes sweeter when no on expects it.

Red Rooster and riverman like this.
  4. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

We did...

In 99.

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

So what your saying is if We were able to Sign Gasol this year and then Durant next year, you would shy away 8-10 mil guys if they want to come here for less to help the team stay under cap?

Are you really telling me you wouldn't be excited and still think the league is losing integrity?

I don't think you guys are really being honest with yourselves. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think it sucks for the Blazers, but I don't fault the Spurs for allowing people to sign for less, or having an organization that people are WILLING to sign for less...

You guys are sounding pretty whiney though. Not a personal insult, just my take on it.

6. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    Because we haven't developed a culture of winning like the Spurs have. The team owner, the management, scouting, the coach and right down to the players, it's the model organization. Best organization in sports history in my opinion. I think players would follow if the Blazers were perennial contenders with the greatest coach in basketball.

HailBlazers and Orion Bailey like this.
  7. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    I can't believe it, but I'm rooting for the BronCavs most likely next finals. (GS would be ahead, but I don't think they there again next year)

8. Darkwebs

Darkwebs Awakened to emptiness Staff Member Moderator

The filthy rich get fucking richer! Wonderful!

So much for parity in the league.

BUNTA likes this.
  9. ripcityboy

self employed
    Our point is that the league is basically turning into LA Liga. And please don't tell a bunch of fans that just lost 4/5's of their team they are being whiney. We have a right to be.

Blazers Roy likes this.
  10. DryHeat

DryHeat Member

Karl Malone thought he could join Kobe/Shaq Lakers to get an easy ring also. Only problem was they ran into a Detroit team that played very good team ball.
    Don't matter how stacked a team is if they don't play well together.

11. ripcityboy

self employed
    So if Oden hadn't gotten hurt and Roy's knees had been well oiled, we'd have been a model organization? I don't by that "model organization" BS for a second. They got lucky one year with getting Duncan and they have good scouting. Their genius was hiring Pops. With our f_cking luck they are the Blazers with a sh_t load of snakes.

12. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Especially in Basketball.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  13. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I am a fan too and feel the same loss, but you still sound whiney. ITS NOT FAIR!!!!....
    If you have the right to whine, then I have the right to call you out as a fellow fan that is whining. Again. Cant have it both ways.
    Listen. Not trying to fight, but I love how none of you answered my question. If the roles were reversed would you still think it not fair and complain that we have guys signing for less just to be with us?
    This is why I see it as whining... because if the roles were reversed, 99.999% of fans would be overjoyed.

Further and riverman like this.
  14. ripcityboy

self employed
    E.S.I.D dude.

15. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Why would there be? Duncan and Ginobili are old and have made their money. Aldridge is smack in the middle of his prime. When Duncan was wined and dined as a free agent in the 2000s, he took the max from the Spurs to return. West, as a newcomer, who would care what he thinks?

And Green just seems to be dumb. Or maybe he just loves the franchise that much. But his decision is incredibly atypical. Nor is he a marquee player.

I just don't see any of those players as comparable to Aldridge, nor is there any reason why Aldridge should have "team discount loyalty" to the Spurs, a team he's never played for before.

16. rasheedfan2005

and it was really fun rooting for that detroit team that year, thats the last finals i think i really enjoyed tbh. of course im a huge sheed fan and the blazers were obviously already out.

i dont really know how to respond to the other scenarios. would i shy away from the blazers if they got a bunch of big names? no, despite my feelings of the game losing integrity, ill be a blazer fan for life. would i be excited if we won a ship? of course. would it be a million times more fun if we won next year with a supposed shit roster lead by lillard? fuck yeah.

i'd sell my soul to go to a finals where we have a roster of scrubs playing team ball. if we had a team full of all stars, id still cheer, but id watch from home. there's far more emotion when you win when you're not supposed to. that's why the b-roy dallas game was the greatest game ive ever seen in my life and to this day i still feel blessed that was the game i chose to go see that year. that was a life experience ill never forget. i saw a lot more big names at other games but this is the game i remember. we didnt even win the series, but that game was magic. it was fucking disneyland for basketball junkies.

i said i was almost no longer a fan of the game. i didnt say i was no longer a fan.

it's just disappointing when the finals are all but scripted before the season starts. sure, ill root for our guys and some underdogs as the season progresses but in the end, just like this years finals, i wont watch or even know who won it all until i hear someone talking about it unless we are there after shitting on the spurs of course.

17. DryHeat

DryHeat Member

Maybe because he cares so much about Texas?

Yet he lived in L.A during the off season.

Now they say he can spend time with his kids, now that he's playing in Texas. Lol

18. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
  19. rasheedfan2005

if roy oden and aldridge plans would have worked we'd probably have a few ships now and they would all still be at their peak. we'd be a bunch of spoiled entitled ass holes like spurs fans are now. not saying i wouldnt enjoy it, but im sure fans of other teams would fucking hate us.

Bob Dobalina and magnifier661 like this.
  20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Hey mods..please move this thread to OT...it has nothing to do with the Blazers anymore