What are the odds...

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Natebishop3, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Welp, Miami is up 6 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th. That's not enough.

2. Natebishop3

I'm convinced the ACC is throwing games to keep the Noles in the hunt.

I just watched the refs miss an obvious fumble and then an obvious hold to keep the drive alive for FSU to score the go ahead TD.

3. Natebishop3

FSU does not deserve to win these games. There's some sketchy shit going on.

4. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    Think of it this way, they'll be a team the Ducks can beat the shit out of.

5. Natebishop3

I'm looking forward to it.

6. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

FSU's having that kind of year that ND had in 2012. Yeah, they were undefeated, but there were 3 times that year where by all rights they should've lost. Like, the other team missing a game-winning 25yd FG.

FSU should've lost to ND. They should've lost to LOU. They should've lost tonight.

7. Natebishop3

Don't forget Clemson. That team fumbled on the one yard line.

8. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Ain't that the truth.

9. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Miami absolutely left what they did in the first half correctly and let FSU back in that game and played not to lose instead of to win. The ACC is a weak conference and if FSU thinks they can spot Bama 16 points or three good up tempo teams like Oregon, TCU or OSU they'll be in for a long night.

10. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

That said the point shaving accusations against Winston and these timely come from behind wins, just don't sit well with me. Winston has been in the limelight for doing sketchy things for the last almost now 2 years. The ACC stands to make some serious money if FSU wins out because no other ACC team could compete in a playoff besides the Noles. Now it may sound harsh and unwarranted to believe that ACC would cover up something this egregious but hey, North Carolina has been graduating players with classes taken from departments that don't even exist. All I'm saying is stranger things have happened and let's be frank would anyone be shocked if Winston was found to be shaving points against inferior teams he knows he can beat?

11. BrianFromWA

It's not implausible, but I watched the ND game almost play-for-play, and there wasn't a switch he turned on and off. (And ND "won" that game on the field, aside from that pick call). And they've been pretty heavy favorites in each game, so he'd be treading the line between shaving points to stay below the spread, while maintaining that his team wins to keep ACC involved in the playoff. MIA would have to be involved, for instance.

I don't think it's possible to be that widespread. I also don't think that Winston (or guys like him) could stay quiet about it. And there'd be some tracking of sketchy bets by/against wiseguys. You can do stuff like that on a random Qatari league soccer match, or low-major conference mid-December basketball game. With the #1 team in the country, with millions of eyeballs on him every gameday?

12. BrianFromWA

That said, Winston seems like the type that would not have a problem saying "sure" to something like that.

13. Natebishop3

But I'm talking about the refs. They swallowed their whistles on two OBVIOUS calls on the final TD drive for FSU. That was clearly a fumble but they ruled it as an incomplete. Why can't that be reviewed? Isn't that the whole point of having a review? Situations like that? If it had been called a fumble, I think that would have put the final nail in the coffin.

Plus there was that OBVIOUS hold on that long run by Cook. In fact, they were going to call pass interference on the defender as he was being wrestled to the ground :lol:

I'm just saying there's something REALLY fishy going on.

14. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Well since Jimbo took over that program from Bowden that entire institution has almost become the U of the 80's. The Tallahassee police force and even the DA seem to be on Fisher's X'mas list. I do believe that the ACC knows the money that's at stake for not having a team in the playoff, but it's got to be tough for schools like Virginia, Duke, Boston College and Georgia Tech to stomach the ACC show pony that is FSU these days!

As for Winston, I agree Brian he probably couldn't keep his mouth shut for sure on weekly point shaving, yet when he does speak that Colt Lyerla type of poetry he seems to be quickly vindicated by the institution and coach in a NYC minute! FSU has surely put a great PR team around that program.

So what we can feel assured of is if FSU makes the playoffs and faces a Bama team the FSU bias will at least be thrown out the window, cause the SEC will make sure that doesn't happen. I hope Bama get's FSU first and we get the match up everyone wanted for a final for the last three years... Bama and US!

15. Natebishop3

I want FSU first and then bama. I think the noles are ripe for a beatdown. Beating those two teams would leave no question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Agreed! If we are at 3 that's exactly what will happen, with the teams that are in....