What bothers you when out in public?

Discussion in 'Nets OT Forum' started by The Return of the Raider, Jul 31, 2008.

1. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Something that bothers me about people, in general:

You have probably walked down a sidewalk or hallway when there is enough room for two people to pass by each other without making any contact. At some point, you have seen two people walking toward you down a sidewalk, walking side by side. They are having a conversation with each other, but are aware that you are approaching them from the opposite direction. You know this because you have seen the one in your "lane" make quick eye contact with you. Meanwhile, you keep walking, but stay off to your side of the sidewalk. The two people heading toward you will refuse to break into single file. In fact, they are so intent on walking side by side, that one of them will start leaning into the other one, as they get near you, nearly pushing the other guy off the sidewalk. Eventually, you bump shoulders with the guy in the middle, because there isn't enough room for three people to pass, or you just step way outside to avoid them as they pass.

I find this behavior kind of stupid. Why is it that you have to walk side by side when passing people? What the heck is wrong with just breaking into single file when passing me - just long enough to get past me? Single freaking file!!! Not side by side, you damn morons!

What I do in these situations depends on whether or not I think the person in the middle has spotted me. If I think that person is already aware of me, then I lower my shoulder a bit, keep my lane, and walk right through them. If its a female, and she's a complete ditz and isn't paying attention, then I stop about 10 feet in front of her, pull out my cell phone, and check it for messages. She will probably run right into me or close to it before she drops into single file - glaring at me the whole time as if I was in her way or something.

Anyone else find this to be annoying? On a bad day, I get real picky about it.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Nice choice, the Nets forum.

I hate when teens, like my friends, decide since they are in a huge group, they can act like ****ing jackass's. So they swear and talk really loudly like "No one will **** with us". I think, just talk in at a normal volume, shit. I hate that stuff. I guess it's cause I hate when you get really noticed in public but cause someone with you is yelling or acting dumb.

3. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

When people want to have loooooooong conversations with me on my cell phone when they know I hate talking on phones. Give me the brief details; let me go.

Slow people in the right lane. Move over.

4. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I have a very low tolerance for dumbassery when I'm watching a movie in the theatres. Usually its high school kids who want everyone in the world to notice them, even in a setting like a movie theatre thats designed to put all the emphasis on the movie screen.

People who don't signal before turning. Give me some friggin' notice you douche.

5. Master Shake

Say word Chutney, I hate those guys too.

I hate when I get on a bus, and where I live are a lot of Phillipinos, and so they get on the bus and talk as loud as possible because they speak a different language. I know they are talking to another Phillipino on another bus some where. Also, in general, people who speak a different language feel the need to yell it in public cause no one knows what they're saying. I hate that shit. Like ****, talk normally.

6. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I hate when I'm out partying with people and they don't have enough money as me (in general), it's so inconsiderate.

7. Vintage

People who insist upon driving their carts up the tee box when I am about to tee off.

Its called etiquette.

You sit and wait. Only after all of my party has teed off, do you approach the tee box. Instead, too many idiots pull up right behind you and hold conversations WHILE YOU ARE TEEING OFF.

That really pisses me off.

Slow golfers also piss me off. It should take you a maximum of 2 hours to play 9 holes, unless the whole course is jammed up and you too are waiting on every tee box. If you want to take your sweet time; let me play through (if you are causing the log jam).

I also hate perverts who flirt with the cart beverage girls when you can tell they are clearly uncomfortable with it. She doesn't want your number. She doesn't want anything to do with you. And you probably smell (after all, people tend to sweat a bit when they golf). Move. On. Buy your beverage, leave her alone.

8. Master Shake

I hate public confrontation. Like, it's the one thing, I just can't stand. Other than being so good looking and having everyone else try and catch up.

9. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Assholes that throw their credit card on the counter, instead of my hand.
    Assholes that order while on their phone.
    Assholes that tell me I don't know how to make the drink right, make it again, and then I make it again. I usually give them back the 1st drink, and all of a sudden, it's perfect!
    Assholes in movie theaters that act up.
    This sounds so shallow--ugly women who hit on me.
    People who curse in public in front of little children and women. (I curse a lot, but never around these two)
    Shitty drivers.

10. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Just knock them down and then laugh in their faces. [​IMG]

11. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I hate it when people are being complete assholes, and they know it. With some random, stupid thing. But they never stop. They can never just drop something, they have to keep dragging it out. So annoying.

12. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    I hate when people say "excuse me" when you're no where near them.

13. Vintage

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 31 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate it when people are being complete assholes, and they know it. With some random, stupid thing. But they never stop. They can never just drop something, they have to keep dragging it out. So annoying.</div>

I see what you did there.

And Black Mamba, I deleted your double post. Unless you wanted it their twice....

I figured it was an accident.

14. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Oh, and when people don't cover their mouths when they cough, sneeze, or yawn. Or when they don't say "excuse me" or "bless you". It's so rude.

The worst is probably people that don't hold open doors when people are RIGHT behind them. My ex used to not do that, she was such a bitch.

15. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Yeah, I hate it so much my computer automatically posted it three times.

16. Master Shake

I hate when I'm doing some fine ass bitch form behind, and she turns around and says "I love you". Takes me right out of the mood.

17. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Jul 31 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate when I'm doing some fine ass bitch form behind, and she turns around and says "I love you". Takes me right out of the mood.</div>

You win. haha

[​IMG]

18. Vintage

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Jul 31 2008, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate when I'm doing some fine ass bitch form behind, and she turns around and says "I love you". Takes me right out of the mood.</div>

I usually just smack your mom's ass when she does that..... gets me right back in the mood.

19. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Jul 31 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate when I'm doing some fine ass bitch form behind, and she turns around and says "I love you". Takes me right out of the mood.</div>

And you do this in public? Damn, you crazy

20. Master Shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vintage @ Jul 31 2008, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Jul 31 2008, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate when I'm doing some fine ass bitch form behind, and she turns around and says "I love you". Takes me right out of the mood.</div>

I usually just smack your mom's ass when she does that..... gets me right back in the mood.
    </div>

I usually just kill the bitch. But that's just me.