What do we do with Damp?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

And if you need an avatar...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Thanks for the choices. I think I will take the Jrich Avatar until I find/create something else, and as a vote of confidence for Damp, I will borrow your sig if you do not mind.

3. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">What do we do with Damp?

Trade him. Save the money in cap room to sign someone better like Kenyon Martin. I do not know much about Magloire. Yao will NEVER work. He will have bird rights from the Rockets and they will not let him go. The only hope to get Yao is to make a trade if he demands a trade. Foyle is a wait and see situation. Trade Damp and wait and see if Foyle can handle the starting center duties. Cardinal is a MUST sign for the mid level exception. That should be a good pay raise for him.</div>

Yes. As much as Damp is playing really good right now, his value is highest at this point. There was the Portland rumor, but since Wallace is in Atlanta now, that's out of the question. So what teams would we be able to deal Damp to?

4. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Thanks for the choices. I think I will take the Jrich Avatar until I find/create something else, and as a vote of confidence for Damp, I will borrow your sig if you do not mind.</div>No worries...glad I could help you out.

5. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes. As much as Damp is playing really good right now, his value is highest at this point. There was the Portland rumor, but since Wallace is in Atlanta now, that's out of the question. So what teams would we be able to deal Damp to?</div>

Memphis, Washington (imagine him with Arenas again, haha), Chicago.

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Memphis, Washington (imagine him with Arenas again, haha), Chicago.</div>And who would we get in return?

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Magloire is the only young talented center I can think of that will be available, but he's on the East Allstars team and there's no way the Hornets would let him go with the amount of cap money they have available. Vlade Divac will probably sign for a minimum with sac-town. And I dont' think you'd want Ostertag, 7'2" and Jerry Sloan thinks he acts like a b**** sometimes.

8. jayserinos99

A while back I read that Jerry West was interested in Dampier. Don't have the exact article however, but Stromile Swift's name came up in it. Do you think Chicago would give up one of their studs (Chandler or Curry) for Damp?

9. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">And who would we get in return?</div>

I have heard Michael Curry, Morris Peterson, and Michael Bradley is what the Grizzlies are dangling for a big man.

If the Wizards would trade us Laettner we would save $10m this summer in cap space. I would take that.

Bulls were talking about Marcus Fizer, Crawford, or Curry back a few weeks ago.

10. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">A while back I read that Jerry West was interested in Dampier. Don't have the exact article however, but Stromile Swift's name came up in it. Do you think Chicago would give up one of their studs (Chandler or Curry) for Damp?</div>

I heard that back in the summer time too.

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Vlade Divac will probably sign for a minimum with sac-town. And I dont' think you'd want Ostertag, 7'2" and Jerry Sloan thinks he acts like a b**** sometimes.</div>Ostertag might not be a bad option. He is getting old but he is having a great season. He could be that "enforcer" that we lack.

12. jayserinos99

I don't know about Eddy Curry. He's smooth around the basket, but is lazy on the boards and on D. I'm a bit skeptical about Fizer as well, kinda undersized to me IMO. What does everyone think about Tyson Chandler?

13. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">A while back I read that Jerry West was interested in Dampier. Don't have the exact article however, but Stromile Swift's name came up in it. Do you think Chicago would give up one of their studs (Chandler or Curry) for Damp?</div>Yea, I actually posted that article in this forum. Let me see if I can find it.

14. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know about Eddy Curry. He's smooth around the basket, but is lazy on the boards and on D. I'm a bit skeptical about Fizer as well, kinda undersized to me IMO. What does everyone think about Tyson Chandler?</div>

I like Chandler but they need to put some serious weight on him or else he's going to get tossed around in the low post.

15. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know about Eddy Curry. He's smooth around the basket, but is lazy on the boards and on D. I'm a bit skeptical about Fizer as well, kinda undersized to me IMO. What does everyone think about Tyson Chandler?</div>

Chandler is my #1 option, but they wont take that unless we added someone like Jrich or Dunleavy. Tyson plays d, he rebounds, huge athletic ability and can score. He is still VERY raw. I would take him. Curry had a real good game against Shaq last year, but since then he has not really shown anything. I heard he is lazy and does not have the drive to be the top tier center he very well could be. Major disappointment so far. He is young and raw too though. I always liked Fizer, but I have not really seen him play in the pros. He was great in college (Iowa?)

16. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I like Chandler but they need to put some serious weight on him or else he's going to get tossed around in the low post.</div>

What about Garnett? Chandler could be that type of player except for the passing ability.

17. Custodianrules2

How can you be 7'1" and weight only 235 lbs? He'd be a good power forward if he could gain 30 more lbs in weight so he can hold his ground. That also probably makes him inconsistent if people get a little physical with him. He needs to bulk up. Plus he's young, not really a leader, foul prone, and gets injured a lot. I don't think he's the answer but I like him.

18. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">What about Garnett? Chandler could be that type of player except for the passing ability.</div>Chandler is one of those players that has an unlimited amount of potential. It is up to him to reach his full potential. If he does...watch out.

19. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">What about Garnett? Chandler could be that type of player except for the passing ability.</div>

Maybe. After all it takes these danged high school kids a while to develop. Especially if they're big men. I'd be sold if he wasn't injured so much.

20. Custodianrules2

I've got my eye on Bosh. I'd make that guy a small forward, but his ball handling sucks.