What do you think of Dames' Attitude

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Strenuus, Jan 30, 2015.

1. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    The snub on Lillard wasn't Cousins. That kid was deserving too. My beef is with CP3 or Westbrick

2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    When dame and Aldridge play well, we usually always win. But the record without Aldridge says otherwise bro. Playing well isn't the only reason why you win. There were games when Dame and Aldridge played poorly and we still won.

The fact that both are in the game and demand that attention is why we have a good shot at winning every game

3. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Whiny? Seriously?

I don't see it.

4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Just throwing it out there, it -looks- like it... doesn't mean it is.

5. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I love his pride. I love his drive.

But he needs to stop with the "if they don't put me on the all star team I'll really show them" and the "they didn't put me on the all star team now I'm going to really show them" talk.

Put up and shut up.

Strenuus likes this.
  6. Strenuus

This is what I am referring to.

7. -Ace-

-Ace- Mostly lurking

Definitely Westbrook. The fact that both he and Durant are reserves is bullshit. They've played less minutes combined this year than Lillard, and they aren't even a playoff team. Dame's an honest guy, and I like that he doesn't hold back. Cousins could have gone in over Durant and Damian over Westbrook. What really hurts is that Damian wasn't even the guy who just missed the cut, he was behind that guy.

8. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

Dame has complained to the Refs more this season.
    Probably the best thing he can do is just go into the silent killer mode - he'd probably get more calls too.
    In no way am i saying he is whiny though, just that he contests calls more than he used to - and I don't think that gets him any favors from the refs.

That being said, I can't see how anyone could have a problem with his attitude. He's a hard worker, a killer, humble, and a good role-model.
    He ,also, comes across more genuine than some other 'Stars'. Less manufactured, a guy who truly put in the 'hard yards' to be where is, and didn't just win the genetic lottery.
    It's this, along with showing thankfulness and humility, why he is so easy to root for, and I am so glad he's on our team.

9. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

His game has been off lately so hopefully he can channel this energy and get refocused cause when he struggles we lose.

10. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I think if you're gonna talk shit, you better not go 6-20. Something isn't right with dame and he needs the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Hey! You are catching on. 6 and 20 is not good. 1 in 9 is just fucking dumb.

12. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

This is around the time Lillard started slumping last year too. He just needs rest.

13. Duvalier

Duvalier Active Member

Dame just needs to play and let his game do the talking from now on. He doesn't need to say anything else about getting passed over for the All-Star game or being disrespected.

14. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

Do you think this attitude is giving him problems with coaches around the league and keeping him off the olympic and all star teams?

15. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

I think he is a good kid. But...yes there is a but. There are times I do see the attitude you're talking about. If you go back to start of the season when he started off struggling and the writers started questioning him. He become a lil touchy about the subject. As if the maybe had the all the answers and he was unwilling to listen. If this is how he comes across to the coaches, there is no wonder why he is running into his troubles.

But overall I think he is pretty humble and likeable guy. Don't see anything arrogant about him.

16. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

This is not a debate at all for either player.
    Lillard needs Aldridge as much as Aldridge needs Lillard.

You can win games with one of the two, but both are more effective when they're playing off one another.

17. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I think after last night, it shows who is most important.

Exactly. LMA 37 and 38 pts last two games, but blazers? 0-2.
    LMA is our horse. Our engine. Our go to man. He is virtually unstoppable when his outside shot is falling ( seems like it always is these days). He is absolutely vital to this teams success, AND Dame's. But Dame is still the most important man on this team. He is our ball handler, our PG. Our leader and distributor.
    What do you think this team would like like in the standings if we have a guy like Bayless, or Felton running this roster? I think we would be on the outside looking in. Trying to climb into playoff contention.
    Okay, I am going to go puke now because just the thought of either of those guys running this team?... feeling queezy...

18. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Just because our guards and wings are losing games for us doesn't make them more important than our all star. Aldridge is our MVP. We need him to do the bulk of the heavy lifting throughout the game to get us in a position to win. But when the game is on the line you need a guard or wing to make the big play. That's Dame. Aldridge did his part the last two games but Dame and Wes and Nic didn't do theirs.

19. Strenuus

I don't know if I should be upset at Nic for continuing to play or the training staff/Stotts for allowing him to play when he is CLEARLY (except for that one anomaly of a game) a detriment to this team. I mean, no wonder teams can come trap Lillard, they don't need to worry about Batum! (I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's to prove a point.)