What does Roy do the Wes doesn't???

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Ghost Pepper, Dec 7, 2010.

1. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

As has been said, Roy hits contested mid range jumpers like it's nobody's business, with or without healthy knees.

Roy also has a better handle and better passing abilities, but as of right now, it doesn't really matter with his extreme lack of quickness or explosion.

2. Ghost Pepper

Ghost Pepper Active Member

You take 90 mill as the go guy and face of the franchise and hide how bad your knees really are and become basically an old steve smith type of player than... HELL YES you're going to lose popularity in a HURRY! He knew he was in pain and let this franchise max him! Last summer was the biggest free agent market in years, we could have gotten better had he told the truth! Sure both his knees just fell apart in month 1 of the season! HAHAHAHAHHA

3. RipCityInsider

RipCityInsider Nice Season Blazers

Didn't Roy hit a HUGE 3 at the end of the Clippers game right in the defender's eye? It seems like most posters tend to ignore the positives when he plays. Fans take for granted how difficult it is to have a player like Roy be able to hit contested jumpers.

4. Ghost Pepper

He got paid people! PAIN AND SIMPLE! HAHAHAHAHA

5. XXPrimusXX

XXPrimusXX Pointless Avatar Picture!

Soo... Roy was hurt for the last 3 years, but still managed to become an All-Star, then once he got paid $85 million dollars he could magically be more hurt in some scheme to steal money from the Blazers organization? Or something like that...?

I'm soo confused.

>_<

6. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

Yardape and MIXUM are appearing eerily similar right now.

7. Ghost Pepper

I have tons of faith just not with MISS Roy and her pre madonna ways! EARN your 90 mill and adapt, change do whatever but act like a fucking franchise player not like a sixth man wanting Kobe treatment! Fair enough? Otherwise sit the hell down and let Wes and crew atleast try on a nightly basis!

8. RedHotRollin

RedHotRollin Member

The ability and the know how to take over a game and close it out. However, with his limited ability, I don't how much good that is.

9. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    That clutch 3 he hit last game to help hold off the Clippers comes to mind.

Roy is the kind of guy who, even when it doesn't seem possible, is going to try to find a way to carry his team to a win.

Wesley is a solid player and I'm hoping that he still has a lot of upside, but so far we've seen no indication that he's going to become an elite player.

10. Ghost Pepper

We got swept by the JV east, can any of you remember a time when that happened? ROY was playing! If he can't do against the Wiz how ya going to do it againt the elite teams? Wes and Andre have been carryig this team NOT Roy!

I want to see Roy adapt and change, no more running to the hoop being swatted like a fly and screaming for a foul he's not going to get, then he pouts under the hoop while the other team runs a fast break for a bucket! Change that to start! Fair enough?

11. RedHotRollin

RedHotRollin Member

I agree. I would like to see him quit playing with the game and quit coasting and pacing out there. He hurts the team more than he probably realizes. He is a guy that believes you can turn it off and he has wrote his check by doing that. I do think he has lost some of his ability but I also agree with writers like Dwight Jaynes that he doesn't give it his all.

Other than that. I'm ready for him to hit the pines. The team is best when Miller, Matthews, Batum, LA and Camby are in the starting lineup. They move better. They have better flow. Better chemistry and the defense is quite a bit better. Roy would do the team a ton of good by bringing his talents and scoring off the bench. Now if we can only get him to "sign off on it".

12. LameR

LameR Ha Seung-Jin Approved!

Soccer Coach
    I'm going to start typing all of my posts like THIS too! It is really annoying and doesn't help get my point across at all, but I'll continue to do so. Let's throw in a couple of exclamations to make my points seem even more sensationalized!!

13. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    In between 3 time Allstar Brandon and merely adequate "never-gonna-be-an-Allstar" backup Wes is a vast expanse of SG's that are far more productive than Wes will ever be.

When it's time for Roy to go, we better have one of those to take his place.

14. BGrantFan

BGrantFan Suspended

Demand double-teams on zero good knees versus two good knees for Matthews.

Plus, who is "the" Wes?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  15. bemac

bemac Well-Known Member

Photographer
    That is 100% the problem with Roy....Could not agree more.

16. BGrantFan

BGrantFan Suspended

This post is like The Walking Dead, except idiocy is the plague instead of some weird virus.

17. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Wesley Matthews is more than a role player. Started at SG for a team that made the second round. Averaging 21 ppg for us as a starter. Lately, he's been our best player. He's more than a role player. Roy WAS the third best SG in the league, but he's lost a step and I think Eric Gordon and Monta Ellis are passing him, not to mention Wesley Matthews or even Jason Richardson. Sad, I know.

18. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    What do you have against Wesley Matthews? He started for a team that reached the second round. He's only in his second year. He's averaging 21 ppg as a starter. He plays great defense. What's your problem with his game? He plays with more energy than anyone on the court lately.