OT What has really been going on with Markelle Fultz?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Career FG% = exactly .400. He raised his 3FG% over the course of his career and finished with a career 3FG% of .349. Not great, but not awful considering where he started. He was always a decent FT shooter (around .800 in most years), but what really saved him was his ability to drive and finish and his ability to post up smaller PGs. He certainly wasn't going to last as long as he did based on his jump shot alone.

Plus, he was also one of the best perimeter defenders of his generation (1st or 2nd team all defense NINE times).

I can understand the comparisons, but I don't think Ball will be as good as Kidd. His jump shot is even worse, and his defense isn't nearly as elite. I think his upside is somewhere between Ricky Rubio and Jason Kidd.

BNM

Natebishop3 likes this.
  2. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

I asked whether his shot has been challenged or if it's just errant, and you responded with a description of how broken his shot is. So, setting theory aside, where's the evidence that he's missing because his slow/low shot is being challenged more at the pro level?

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I don't think he's Kidd either. Kidd is just the only real superstar player that comes to mind who couldn't shoot a lick for most of his career.

4. Charcoal Filtered

Charcoal Filtered Writing Team

Would be great if all of the Ball comments could be moved to it's own thread. Of pages 7, 8, and 9, you made the only comment about Fultz. Not going to bother with reading further back.