What I Loved About This Season

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Apr 21, 2018.

1. BlayZa

BlayZa Misbehaving responsibly

Media/Advertisng
    i loved seeing the serious lack of play time for meyers leonard.

Nikolokolus and Strenuus like this.
  2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

No question he needs to make the shots he is getting but this is his first year in the rotation. They will come. Or the Blazers will let him go and watch him become a very good player somewhere else? Their choice.

3. kjironman1

I didn't want to feed the troll. This thread is about what went right. Lots went wrong.... But there are plenty of things this team can do right and improve on. Nurkic is included in that. He got better but i also think there is room for more improvement.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Why do you feel it is a necessessity to piss in other peoples cheeeios?

You have your own sorry ass thread about how much we suck.
    Seriously. Why do you insist on shitting on others positivity?
    Wh cant you just pass over threads that you dont agree with and stick to your own?
    You are not an elite linguist, capable of discussing in a mature manner the positives and negatives of this team. You speak in extremes without any foresight of how to fix the issues you believe we have and no ideas/suggestions of how improve this team.

You live in a hindsight world and refuse to get your eyes off the rearview mirror and focus on the road ahead.

This type of mentality is not worth shit. Its the same victim mentality of a loser who cant figure out how to fix things themselves and then points the fingers everywhere else. If you dont have a solution to the problem then what is the point of you posting?
    Do you think there are people here who do not know your viewpoint?

Why are you here? Is it to say you told us so?
    Seriously. Thats it right?
    Because you have yet to ever offer anything more.
    So okay.
    You have said it, many times...
    You right. We have all heard your viewpoint and how you feel About it.
    You know the definition if insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... so i ask... do you post insanely or do you post to be a complete asshole?

Here is a challenege for you and if you are a true blazer fan, you will take it. If you actually want any type of respect around here, you will take it.

I challenge you to not post anything about the past with the blazers for the summer.
    Only make posts discussing the future and how to improve this team.

I dare you. Im willing to make a bet that you cant do it. Its not in your dna to be positive or search for solutions. I believe your dna is to be a lazy ass arm chair poster who cant do any work for himself but instead sits around Complaining about how cold it is wothout getting off out of the chair to do something about it. Like chop wood or turn up the heat.

So i challenge you to focus on the future and the options we have to improve this team.

You want olshey and stotts gone? Fine. Lets not say the reasons are because they are trash. Lets talk about viable replacements and what they would bring to the team that stotts doesn't.

You think Dame is a third option on a top team? Okay lets not discuss how over rated he is, lets discuss how we get players better than him that will compliment him and this team and provide improvements.

But see, i dont think you are capable of this. I believe you to have a posting mentality of a 9 year old temper tantrum.
    You need a spanking in my opinion. Just a child throwing a fit.
    No maturity. No intelligent thoughts. Just ignorant rage.

So @Portland2014 and half a dozen of your other names you have that you cant use because you keep isolating yourself,
    Do you accept the challenge???

If not, it shows all we ever need to know about you and that is your posts are not worthy of anything but the ignore feature.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    BonesJones likes this.
  5. kjironman1

I really agree with the whole posting in a constructive manner going forward but some just are not built that way.
    This might be way over dudes head. Not sure you will get the response you are looking for?

BonesJones and Orion Bailey like this.
  6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

You kidding? Ill be flabergasted if i get any response at all. :)

BonesJones and kjironman1 like this.
  7. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    This season, I began to think highly of Aminu. Or maybe he improved. I don't know who changed, him or me, but I now think of him as trade-untouchable. (Meaning, he's underrated, so we wouldn't get equal value.)

8. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

The is nothing to like about this season... we had a full training camp with all of our roster and everyone was relatively healthy through the year and we still get swept by Pelicans... with home court advantage... that’s about as bad as it gets... would rather be in lottery right now reading up on high level prospects

9. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Damn straight King. This was an exciting season that saw my daughter become an even bigger Blazer fan. Sharing the games with her was priceless for me. The moments you mentioned were high on my list as well. Looking forward to next season, and the fact i'm moving back home makes it all the sweeter.

BBert likes this.
  10. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    What I loved about the season:

The very first game.
    Beating the Warriors twice.
    Sweeping the Oklahoma Westbrooks.

BBert and tykendo like this.
  11. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Word!

12. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Let's keep this thread for positive comments only. There are many threads already for complaining.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  13. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    I hate this saying. As someone who has dealt with actual insanity (I'm bipolar), let me assure you that is not the definition of insanity. And there are many examples of doing the same thing over and over and getting different results. It's called perseverance. It's how I've achieved most of my success.

14. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

No, he needs to go play baseball and vacate his position so we can get a real player

15. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Perserverence isnt doing the same thing over and over. It's learning from your mistakes, from your weaknesses, standing against adversity and succeeding dispite it. I'll give the Blazers this, they fought hard in game 4. But, they're bench was nearly non existent. I always hear that the Blazers have great depth, they don't. Its to time to change that. Let players go that are not working. Cut away the fat to build the muscle.

BonesJones and Orion Bailey like this.
  16. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Not necessarily Chris. Sometimes, you just keep doing your thing until a producer/director is interested. You don't have control over getting cast and you don't get the role for being better than you were when you didn't get another role. I've been rejected after great auditions and cast after bad auditions. Also- the lottery. Play the same numbers over and over and you have the same probability of winning if you changed your numbers.

17. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Nothing about learning from mistakes:

IMG_6050.PNG

18. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

19. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    So you're understanding, when talking about perseverance, I'm not referring to our team. I was referring to Orion's post above. It offended me. That is all.

20. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    For the 4th straight year, the 2 Los Angeles teams combined for under .500.

BonesJones, SlyPokerDog and riverman like this.