What I'd like to see today

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by dumpstralmannow, Mar 5, 2014.

1. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

Again, first priority would be getting Fraser from Boston. They have no room on that roster for him. I would gladly deal Stralman for Fraser and a third or fourth, then bring up McIlrath, live with his growing pains and limit his ice time if needed. He needs to be on this club. The Rangers are way too soft. I've accepted they aren't trading Callahan.

Then I would probably trade Boyle and Dorsett to Vancouver for Sestito and a 2nd. Vancouver is struggling. Sestito is a legit heavyweight and he can score a little as well. D. Moore has played well but I'd try to deal him for a third round pick and I think they could do that.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
    Pouliot-Brassard-Zucc
    Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
    Fraser-Miller-Sestito

McDonagh-Girardi
    Staal-Klein
    Moore-McIlrath

That is a team that can easily stand up to a physical Bruins team with the additions of Fraser, Sestito and McIlrath and at least two of those guys can play. Sestito can play enough. They team isn't going to fix their third line problem this year. Next year I would hope the squad would look as follows.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
    Pouliot-Brassard-Zucc
    Hagelin-Lindberg-Callahan
    Fraser-Miller-Sestito/Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
    Staal-Klein
    Moore-McIlrath

Two years from now

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
    Duclair-Brassard-Zucc
    Hagelin-Lindberg-Fast
    Fraser-Miller-Callahan

McDonagh-Girardi
    Staal-Klein
    Moore-McIlrath

2 years from now is what I have envisioned for years. Four scoring lines, a tough forward like Fraser who can stand up to most tough guys and a legit heavyweight defenseman in McIlrath who can play and take on the toughest NHL goons. I would like Sather to stock pile some extra third and fourth round picks and try to draft 3 to 4 stay at home, intimidating defenseman prospects and try to hit on one of them.

I really think Boyle will be dealt today because the organization feels Lindberg is ready. I expect Dorsett to be gone today as well.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Would love to see Stralman gone but don't think Boston would trade Fraser straight up for him let alone throw in a draft pick. Unfortunately it does seem like Glen's paying Ryan's ransom and bringing Cally back. Seems like every year fans expect some big move at the deadline only to be disappointed. Totally agree on McIlrath, he should be playing over Stralman and Moore whose contract status for next year are uncertain. If McIlrath is that much of a liability then there's something wrong with the Rangers development personnel, no team keeps high picks languishing in the minors the way the Rangers do.

3. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

hadn't Dump said we're not legit contenders? if that's the case, adding Fraser and Sestito sure as heck aren't going to make us legit contenders either.

4. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

If we're not contenders this year, I don't see why redoing the 4th line and replacing Richards with Lindberg would make us contenders next year. We will not buy out Richards and just keep his money to the side, there will be a FA brought in and my money is it will be a 30 goal scorer to replace Pouliot. Again, love Pouliot but why wouldn't you want to improve if possible. I don't want to go into next year w basically the same roster.

5. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Agree, Prod. When i look at Dump's projections i don't see any moves that'd take us to the next level of contention. Maybe that's not what he's after in the next couple of years.

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

The only problem is someone has to wake friggin Sather up before 3pm today. He usually wakes up around 4pm. At least the deadline day will be exciting for the rest of the teams. Our big announcement will be Captain Marvelous resigned. Woop de dam do. Come on sather even the blind GM makes a occasional trade on the deadline.

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The first thing Dump needs to get past is Stepan will never be a legit 1st C. None of those those lineups look like they could win more than a round or two tops or instill fear in anyone. They need to add another big time FA second line forward(or 2). If Duclair Brassard MZA is the 2nd line in two years than Sather has failed horribly.