What If...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

Our season is over, the NBA Draft is weeks away and basically the offseason has yey to officially start. So I came up with something similar to the game most of us on JBB play o' so often, Fact or Fiction.It's not Fact of Fiction it's called "What If". [​IMG] Here is how it works:

I'll bring up a scenario such as...

What if the 76ers never pulled off the blockbuster trade...

And from there the next person who replies shares their thoughts on where the 76ers would be if this were the case. And they follow that off with they're own scenario and so on. It's very simple. I'll start it off.

What if the 76ers clinched 6th seed...

2. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">What if the 76ers clinched 6th seed...</div>
    If the 76ers would have gotten the sixth seed, I think they would have took Boston to seven games, or maybe even beat them in six. But still their fate would ultimately lead to the same thing, a season ending series against the Pistons. Now Philly is out of the post season getting ready for next year so there are some positives in that situation, which would be Chris Webber gets to start an early rehab start, and the rest of the Philadelphia players who were hurt all year with nagging get some extra rest. With some rest and a full training camp along with a new head coach look out 05-06.

What if the 76ers signed Mo Cheeks last offseason instead of O'Brien........

3. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

I think they would be a bit better because Cheeks is a players coach.

What if Allen Iverson was drafted by a different team.

4. PUREPOINT

PUREPOINT JBB JustBBall Member

then A.I. would still be A.I. but maybe he would've made more trips to the finals.

5. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

he was 1st overall so... (even thought toronto won the lottery but since they were a expansion team they made them give it up).since purepoint didnt put one

what if you never traded mutumbo

6. playmaker15

Probably nothing special it probably would've delayed the imergance of Dalembert.

What if they had never traded Larry Hughes.

7. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Probably nothing special it probably would've delayed the imergance of Dalembert.</div>
    Are you kidding me? Dalembert was benched and didn't do much under Larry Brown- infamous for not being the rookies coach. That wasn't because of Mutumbo.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if they had never traded Larry Hughes.</div>
    Philadelphia wouldn't have made it to the finals in 2001 because Hughes was traded for Toni Kukoc, which later Philadelphia ended up with Mutumbo. I think Philadelphia would have teetered along as a lottery team and early exit playoff team maybe since Hughes wasn't developed and Bruce Bowen wasn't doing much under Larry Brown. They would have eventually traded Hughes anyways, but if they didn't I think Philadelphia would be pretty decent right now with a good bunch of players in their primes along with some young players coming off the bench.

What if Philadelphia ever trades Allen Iverson- what would become of the franchise?

8. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you kidding me? Dalembert was benched and didn't do much under Larry Brown- infamous for not being the rookies coach. That wasn't because of Mutumbo.</div>
    That wasn't because of Coach Brown either. Dalembert was not benched, he injured his knee and was out most of his first two years with the 76ers. Sam himslef though says that Brown still taught him a lot of things.

9. playmaker15

no1 but shaq is worth Iversons value to this franchise it probably wont happen but know is the best time because his stock is so high.

What if Larry Brown would've stayed in Phily

10. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Larry Brown would've stayed in Phily</div>
    Well if Brown coached the current 76ers roster I don't think they would have much more sucess. Brown is a great coach but he doesn't relaly coach the young guys very well. He is a good teacher of the young guys but doesn't coach them in the game well. It is kind of hard to explain but I think you guys understand what I'm saying.

What if...Jamal Mashburn was 100% healthy [​IMG]

11. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">What if...Jamal Mashburn was 100% healthy [​IMG]</div>

The Sixers would have another small forward, probably off the bench, that could come in and help AI score.

What if the Sixers don't sign Dalembert this offseason, who do they get?

12. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">The Sixers would have another small forward, probably off the bench, that could come in and help AI score.

What if the Sixers don't sign Dalembert this offseason, who do they get?</div>

Mash would still be a starter

What if we never traded away all those 1st Round picks and what if in 2002 insted of blowing our draft by picking Jiri Welsch we would of traded up and for once did something good and taken Amare Stoudemire. Or even if we stayed at 16 taking Tayshaun Prince

But no we get John Salmons out of the 16th overall pick and Sam Clancy how great did that turn out........... We allways trade these future #1 picks but when u have a chance to get a star PF in Amare to pair with Iverson you trade down and get nothing [​IMG]

13. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DaAnswer3:</div><div class="quote_post">Mash would still be a starter

What if we never traded away all those 1st Round picks and what if in 2002 insted of blowing our draft by picking Jiri Welsch we would of traded up and for once did something good and taken Amare Stoudemire. Or even if we stayed at 16 taking Tayshaun Prince</div>

We would be in a better positions right now. Not that much better, but just better. If anything I wish we took Prince because at the time being, in my opinion we are just a Tayshaun Prince player away and a couple bench players away from being title contenders.

What if Cheeks doesn't live up the expectations next season, and carries the team to a mere 7th-8th seed. If anything the majority is expecting a Atlantic Division crown or at least homecourt advantage in the Playoffs.

14. DaAnswer3

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">We would be in a better positions right now. Not that much better, but just better. If anything I wish we took Prince because at the time being, in my opinion we are just a Tayshaun Prince player away and a couple bench players away from being title contenders.

What if Cheeks doesn't live up the expectations next season, and carries the team to a mere 7th-8th seed. If anything the majority is expecting a Atlantic Division crown or at least homecourt advantage in the Playoffs.</div>

You don't think we could contend for the title in the east with Iverson and Amare ? Or even say we took Tony Parker and didn't take Sammy

Tony Parker
    Allen Iverson
    fill in Player
    Amare Stoudemire
    fill in Player

That team there would be comming out of the East if the Sixers could of draft a little smarter and not given away picks.

15. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DaAnswer3:</div><div class="quote_post">You don't think we could contend for the title in the east with Iverson and Amare ? Or even say we took Tony Parker and didn't take Sammy

Tony Parker
    Allen Iverson
    fill in Player
    Amare Stoudemire
    fill in Player

That team there would be comming out of the East if the Sixers could of draft a little smarter and not given away picks.</div>

That's something completly different. I was just mentioning at the time being with the current roster (Webber, A.I's, Korver etc) the best player for us out of that draft that would be Tayshaun Prince. Sammy and C-Webb is already occupying the PF and C.

16. DaAnswer3

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">That's something completly different. I was just mentioning at the time being with the current roster (Webber, A.I's, Korver etc) the best player for us out of that draft that would be Tayshaun Prince. Sammy and C-Webb is already occupying the PF and C.</div>

I thought this was just a what if so In my what if we have Parker Amare and Iverson and Korver shouldn't be starting and hopefully will be replaced by someone Cheeks brings in [​IMG]

17. MaxBallin

MaxBallin JBB JustBBall Member

You idiots are completely ruining this great-idea-of-a-thread by Avery. Stop bickering. You answer the last poster's "What if" question and then you ask yours. Do not respond to what other people post.

Now, on with the game.

What if the Toronto Raptors had selected Andre Iguodala with the 8th overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft?

<font color="Red"><font size="1">- Keep it clean. No scorning whether it's personal or in general. If you have any questions feel free to read the guidelines. Thank You.

Avery 76ers Team Leader</font></font>

Your welcome. However, I do not appreciate people crossing out my words. I promise to behave.

18. DaAnswer3

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxBallin:</div><div class="quote_post">You idiots are completely ruining this great-idea-of-a-thread by Avery. Stop bickering. You answer the last poster's "What if" question and then you ask yours. Do not respond to what other people post.

Now, on with the game.

What if the Toronto Raptors had selected Andre Iguodala with the 8th overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft?</div>

If they would have taken Andre I would have then either picked from

Luke Jackson
    Al Jefferson
    Josh Smith

And I would have picked my self Josh Smith with the 8th pick

What if next

Do you ever think the Sixers will take a High School player when Allen Iverson is on the roster. Or will they not take a chance on a player like that utill they are in the #1 spot kind like a Lebron James type can't miss. Or do you just think it would never happen.

19. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DaAnswer3:</div><div class="quote_post">What if next

Do you ever think the Sixers will take a High School player when Allen Iverson is on the roster. Or will they not take a chance on a player like that utill they are in the #1 spot kind like a Lebron James type can't miss. Or do you just think it would never happen.</div>

This is a "What if..." thread not a "Do you ever think..." thread. That said, I'll continue where MaxBallin left off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if the Toronto Raptors had selected Andre Iguodala with the 8th overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft?</div>

Then the 76ers would be in a world of hurt. Either McKie or Green would start and that wouldn't do us any good. After Iguodala there weren't any other draft prospects that would have brought what he brought to this team. Position wise, personality wise, Iguodala is a perfect fit for this team and after him they weren't any other players that would have make a significant impact on this squad.

What if Shaq was hurt in 2001 NBA Finals and it became a duel for the championship between A.I and Kobe...

20. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Shaq was hurt in 2001 NBA Finals and it became a duel for the championship between A.I and Kobe...</div>
    Plain and simple, we would have won a championship. Although its debatable, I think Iverson did so much more for Philadelphia than Kobe did for the Lakers. Besides, with Shaq out, it would leave Mutumbo, who was a great defender on the inside (basically neutralizing all the Lakers low post players) as well as somewhat of an offensive threat. Philadelphia had more depth with Kenny Thomas, Aaron Mckie, Eric Snow so with Shaq out, we could have taken the trophy home.

What if Willie Green developed more range on his shot? How much of an impact would he make on the team then?