What If...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Jun 2, 2005.

1. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">This is a "What if..." thread not a "Do you ever think..." thread. That said, I'll continue where MaxBallin left off.

Then the 76ers would be in a world of hurt. Either McKie or Green would start and that wouldn't do us any good. After Iguodala there weren't any other draft prospects that would have brought what he brought to this team. Position wise, personality wise, Iguodala is a perfect fit for this team and after him they weren't any other players that would have make a significant impact on this squad.

What if Shaq was hurt in 2001 NBA Finals and it became a duel for the championship between A.I and Kobe...</div>

wow what ever have fun with your dead site then i'm done with this bs [​IMG]

2. MaxBallin

MaxBallin JBB JustBBall Member

The Sixers would have won hands down. Only, the main attraction wouldn't have been Iverson versus Kobe. It would have been Mutumbo stopping everything the Lakers brought at us. Shaq took away Mutumbo's presence in that series both by dominating himself offensively and by creating space for his teammates (especially Kobe) to dominate.

What if the Sixers hadn't selected Jerry Stackhouse with the third overall pick in the 1995 NBA Draft? What if they had selected Rasheed Wallace or Kevin Garnett instead? (Would Iverson have a championship?)

3. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Sixers would have won hands down. Only, the main attraction wouldn't have been Iverson versus Kobe. It would have been Mutumbo stopping everything the Lakers brought at us. Shaq took away Mutumbo's presence in that series both by dominating himself offensively and by creating space for his teammates (especially Kobe) to dominate.

What if the Sixers hadn't selected Jerry Stackhouse with the third overall pick in the 1995 NBA Draft? What if they had selected Rasheed Wallace or Kevin Garnett instead? (Would Iverson have a championship?)</div>

I already answered Avery's question... But to answer yours, I think if we drafted Rasheed Wallace it wouldn't have really mattered. In his first couple of years, he was a nonfactor while Stackhouse contributed right away. But with Kevin Garnett, that would have been definitely a good pick looking back. He already contributed around twenty points in his third year- plus he's around the age of Iverson as well. That way both of them would have hit their prime at the same time- creating an amazing tandem. One could only hope though.

What if Willie Green developed more range on his shot? How much of an impact would he make on the team the?

4. Dizzyfool

Dizzyfool JBB JustBBall Member

I think he could have more of an impact for sure, although we do have at least one good outside shooter in Korver. Willie Green isn't bad, but with a good outside shot, he could be a great player.

What if the sixers failed to re-sign Dalembert?

5. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

[quote name='Dizzyfool']I think he could have more of an impact for sure, although we do have at least one good outside shooter in Korver. Willie Green isn't bad, but with a good outside shot, he could be a great player.

<font color="DarkRed">What if the sixers failed to re-sign Dalembert?[/</font>QUOTE]
    then i'll jump on the bandwagon and not watch sixer games for a long time, until they rebuild.

what if we never traded for C-Webb and still had Kenny, Corliss, and Skinner.

6. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">what if we never traded for C-Webb and still had Kenny, Corliss, and Skinner.</div>
    We probably would have done better in the playoffs, but when you're talking about next season, no way. Philadelphia would have stayed the same team without making much noise in the playoffs with those three forwards but with Chris Webber, at least we have the potential to be a strong East team. Just wait until Webber rehabilitates his knee. Which leads me to ask this...

What if Webber successfully rehabilitates his knee back to around eighty percent of what it was?

7. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Webber successfully rehabilitates his knee back to around eighty percent of what it was?</div>

It's funny that you ask that, you wouldn't believe how many times this question has floating around in my head. Well to answer that question, if Webber successfully rehabilitates than knee that will broaden the opportunity for the chemistry to work better with him & A.I. He would now be able to defend the pick & roll and just basically do so much more. It would open tons of opportunities for him and the team. And from there the 76ers would be a major threat in the East.

What if Iverson failed to capitalize after having such a horrendous season and in fact had an encore of the 03-04 season?

8. MaxBallin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Webber successfully rehabilitates his knee back to around eighty percent of what it was?</div>
    After realizing that Iverson still won't give him the ball, he'll begin hitting himself for wasting him time rehabbing.

What if the Sixers had beaten the Lakers in the 2001 NBA Finals?

9. MaxBallin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Iverson failed to capitalize after having such a horrendous season and in fact had an encore of the 03-04 season?</div>
    The Sixers would have a high lottery pick and we would be able to continue enhancing our young core.

Now, let me try again. What if the Sixers had beaten the Lakers in the 2001 NBA Finals?

10. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxBallin:</div><div class="quote_post">What if the Sixers had beaten the Lakers in the 2001 NBA Finals?</div>

I'll have to say that Iverson would be praised as the greatest little guy of All-Time. Nevertheless, if we won it would not change what happened in subsequent future. We would still be an injury riddled team next season and we would go down in history as the only team to win a championship and get eliminated in the 1st round the following year. That and the fact that King would probably hold on to key players such as Mutumbo, Hill and Lynch for a couple more seasons or so not much else would have happen other than tremendous praise.

What if the 76ers defeated the Pistons in 2003 Playoffs and played the Nets(the team that claimed that they did any part of the 76ers) in the Conference Finals?

11. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if the 76ers defeated the Pistons in 2003 Playoffs and played the Nets(the team that claimed that they did any part of the 76ers) in the Conference Finals?</div>
    I think a Nets series would have been a good one AI and J Kidd facing off would have been great, I bet the 76ers could have took them to seven games. Remember that one play that ultimately cause us the series against Detroit that year, it still makes me sick to my stomach today. E.Snow hit a three to put us up one point ahead of the Pistons with like 2 second left. Next thing you know the Pistons inbound the ball to Chucky Atkins who drives the baseline and throws up a little floater that D.Coleman couldn't block so he waited till it hit the rim and he goaltended the shot and the Pistons won. If Philly would have had Dalembert in that situation I'm pretty sure he would have sent that shot to the stands.

12. Really Lost One

what if the sixers retain their second round draft pick? who will they draft?

13. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

^A big man that would be a good fill in that could really rebound and play D. Or another good 3-point shooter to help out Korver.

What if Phil Jackson suprisingly signed with the Sixers instead of Mo Cheeks?

14. MaxBallin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Soft Parade:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Phil Jackson suprisingly signed with the Sixers instead of Mo Cheeks?</div>
    He'd be deemed unstable by his family and friends within ten minutes after the news broke and be sent to an insane asylum.

What if Kyle Korver came out of the closet?

15. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxBallin:</div><div class="quote_post">He'd be deemed unstable by his family and friends within ten minutes after the news broke and be sent to an insane asylum.

<font color="DarkRed">What if Kyle Korver came out of the closet?</div></font>

???????????????????????????????????????

16. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxBallin:</div><div class="quote_post">

What if Kyle Korver came out of the closet?</div>

Asthon Kutcher would go into the closet

What if Aaron Mckie plays again like a 6th man of the year?

17. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Martin:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Aaron Mckie plays again like a 6th man of the year?</div>

Then our bench won't be as much of a problem. In my eyes Jackson is one thee best PF/C coming off the bench in the league. Rogers is decent, AT TIMES and then you have Willie Green. He's a heck of a ball player but he's not consistent but I think that will change with time but thats only if Cheeks give him the minutes which I think he will. And then you top that off with McKie(6th man days) I think that would be a huge help. There would still be something missing in our bench but when you have A.I playing the whole game the 2nd team won't be needing of a Bobby Jackson like player off the bench. Nevertheless, just having McKie back to his old form would be huge. He's a mjaor contributor leader wise and just making decisions but to have score for us would be a major bonus.

What if Kyle Korver performed at his typical level against the Pistons in this years NBA Playoffs...

18. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    What if Kyle Korver performed at his typical level against the Pistons in this years NBA Playoffs...</div>
    It would have been pushed to a game seven. But I don't think it was a question of whether or not he performed, but rather Detroit just shut him down with their defense. He wasn't getting any open looks, and because he can't create his own shot- that was what resulted in his poor playoff performance.

What if Iverson comes up big next season with another MVP worthy performance?

19. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Iverson comes up big next season with another MVP worthy performance?</div>

I won't be surprised, but we all know AI is capable of puttting up MVP numbers. I just want him and Webber to mesh forget the MVP status. Im telling you, if those two can work together then this team can go places.

What if the 76ers add Donyell Marshall and lets say Ruben Patterson to their roster.

20. MaxBallin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">What if the 76ers add Donyell Marshall and lets say Ruben Patterson to their roster.</div>
    He wouldn't be able to play the role that he's meant to play. He'd get about 15 minutes per game, which is insufficient for Donyell Marshall.

I will once again raise the question I want answered:

What if Kyle Korver came out of the closet? (How would the Sixers' fan base be affected?)