What If...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxBallin:</div><div class="quote_post">He wouldn't be able to play the role that he's meant to play. He'd get about 15 minutes per game, which is insufficient for Donyell Marshall.

I will once again raise the question I want answered:

<font color="DarkRed">What if Kyle Korver came out of the closet? (How would the Sixers' fan base be affected?)</div></font>

what does that mean??

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">I won't be surprised, but we all know AI is capable of puttting up MVP numbers. I just want him and Webber to mesh forget the MVP status. Im telling you, if those two can work together then this team can go places.

What if the 76ers add Donyell Marshall and lets say Ruben Patterson to their roster.</div>

donyell marshall would be a great addition, but ruben patterson? i don't know too much about him, but if we can get him cheap that would be okay.

2. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">I won't be surprised, but we all know AI is capable of puttting up MVP numbers. I just want him and Webber to mesh forget the MVP status. Im telling you, if those two can work together then this team can go places.

What if the 76ers add Donyell Marshall and lets say Ruben Patterson to their roster.</div>
    donyell marshall would be a great addition, but ruben patterson? i don't know too much about him, but if we can get him cheap that would be okay.

3. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Kyle Korver came out of the closet? (How would the Sixers' fan base be affected?)</div>

I can't speak for the entire fan base but personally I would care less. As long as he can knock down those open 3-Pt shots AI & C-Webb create for him, I'm good. But to be honest, I think majority of the fan base would still accept him. The females of course would be traumatized but they're only into him for his looks so who cares what they think. But for the die-hard fans I honestly think they would be on my side as in, if he can still knock down his shoots he's cool in my book. Year by year gay folks are getting more and more accepted (particularly females) into modern society. Everywhere I turn I see a gay person, I don't see gay males as often as females but when I do, I just go by what I was doing because it's not something out of the norm like it used to be like 5 years ago. So all in all, for the most part, there would be a lot of talks of Korver being gay but it would die down after a while because he's no mainstream guy and like said gay folks are getting accepted more and more by the day in modern society (at times I?m starting to think it?s a trend because living in NY you wouldn?t believe how much gay people reside here, just ask Knicks Analyst). Also I know there are a couple players that may be cautious around him hoping that he won't grab any parts of they're bodies where they wouldn't want any guy touching.

But then again, a gay man in the sports world is not very common. Jeff Garcia which is supposedly gay didn't fare to well because of his interest of sex, but who knows? Oh well, back to a "What if..."

What if Samuel Dalembert has a breakout year and averages: 11 PPG, 12 RPG and 3 BPG?

4. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

What if Samuel Dalembert has a breakout year and averages: 11 PPG, 12 RPG and 3 BPG?[/QUOTE]

Then the 76ers would improve their defense down low, and assuming Iggy is only going to improve, the 76ers would probably snatch Atlantic Division leader or 5th-6th seed.

What if Chris Webber's knee never heals? (which It may be a chronic knee injury due to the massive deterioration of the cartilidge)

5. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if Chris Webber's knee never heals? (which It may be a chronic knee injury due to the massive deterioration of the cartilidge)</div>

Then we would have to work with what we got. The biggest problem with C-Webb is not his knee believe it or not, it's the chemistry. An improved knee would be huge don?t get me wrong but at the same time what?s good of a good knee if he doesn?t know how to use it to help the team. And after all with the lack of mobility he's become a smarter player. At the end of the day, with the ailing knee it would most likely cost us 4-7 games opposed if he had a healthier knee.

What if the 76ers played the Miami Heat in the Playoffs? (The Heat really struggled with this team, they split the season series (2-2) and A.I sat out one of those games that they lost. And match up wise they would give the Heat some work. If they give the Pistons (they're worst matchup) a run for they're money how well would they fare against the Heat.)

6. MaxBallin

MaxBallin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">What if the 76ers played the Miami Heat in the Playoffs? (The Heat really struggled with this team, they split the season series (2-2) and A.I sat out one of those games that they lost. And match up wise they would give the Heat some work. If they give the Pistons (they're worst matchup) a run for they're money how well would they fare against the Heat.)</div>
    Even though the Sixers tied the season series with the Heat, I don't think that come playoff time they would have been able to take more than one game off of Miami.

As for the games that the Sixers won, the wins didn't come as a result of the Sixers beating the Heat. The Heat beat themselves. In the first game Dwayne Wade shot only three for thirteen, Eddie Jones shot three for twelve, and Udonis Haslem shot five for fourteen. In the second game, Shaquille O'Neal was returning from a stomach illness that had caused him to sit out the previous three games. On top of that, the Sixers as a team shot thirty-three for thirty-four from the free-throw line. Even with their performance, though, it still took them two overtimes to secure the win. The Sixers are way too inconsistent to put up such performances on a consistent basis, especially come playoff time. Bottom line: I would have been surprised with any outcome other than 4-0 had the Sixers met the Heat in the playoffs.

What if neither Korver, Green, or Dalembert resign with the Sixers this summer?

7. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    What if the 76ers played the Miami Heat in the Playoffs? (The Heat really struggled with this team, they split the season series (2-2) and A.I sat out one of those games that they lost. And match up wise they would give the Heat some work. If they give the Pistons (they're worst matchup) a run for they're money how well would they fare against the Heat.)</div>
    I'm not sure about this one. I want to say push them to six games but I just don't know. That front courts are actually pretty even. I don't think that Dalembert can effectively guard Shaq while Haslem would definitely out run and outrebound Webber. Meanwhile, Rogers and Jackson would each probably be able to out score Alonzo so you can see where I'm coming from. Overall, the backcourts and wings are pretty even. They've got some advantages while we've got some advantages. Korver pretty much is Damon Jones- not give them any open shots and they won't be effective. Iverson is a more skilled player than Wade and Iguodala can pretty much defend either Wade or Eddie Jones while giving up a few points. Oh yeah, and the benches are pretty much even. So I'd say six or seven games.

What if Iverson has some major injury next season? How would the team cope with it?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if neither Korver, Green, or Dalembert resign with the Sixers this summer?</div>
    Then we would have more room to sign free agents to effectively complement Webber and Iverson instead of building around the young core. But wait, would we still even have any cap space with Webber and Iverson?

Once again... What if Iverson has some major injury next season? How would the team cope with it?

8. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">I can't speak for the entire fan base but personally I would care less. As long as he can knock down those open 3-Pt shots AI & C-Webb create for him, I'm good. But to be honest, I think majority of the fan base would still accept him. The females of course would be traumatized but they're only into him for his looks so who cares what they think. But for the die-hard fans I honestly think they would be on my side as in, if he can still knock down his shoots he's cool in my book. Year by year gay folks are getting more and more accepted (particularly females) into modern society. Everywhere I turn I see a gay person, I don't see gay males as often as females but when I do, I just go by what I was doing because it's not something out of the norm like it used to be like 5 years ago. So all in all, for the most part, there would be a lot of talks of Korver being gay but it would die down after a while because he's no mainstream guy and like said gay folks are getting accepted more and more by the day in modern society (at times I?m starting to think it?s a trend because living in NY you wouldn?t believe how much gay people reside here, just ask Knicks Analyst). Also I know there are a couple players that may be cautious around him hoping that he won't grab any parts of they're bodies where they wouldn't want any guy touching.

But then again, a gay man in the sports world is not very common. Jeff Garcia which is supposedly gay didn't fare to well because of his interest of sex, but who knows? Oh well, back to a "What if..."

What if Samuel Dalembert has a breakout year and averages: 11 PPG, 12 RPG and 3 BPG?</div>
    whoa, wait a sec, am i missing something? korver's gay? [​IMG] wtf?

9. Really Lost One

What if Iverson has some major injury next season? How would the team cope with it?

well, if iverson has a major injurey, its lottery time.

what if marice cheeks doesn't turn the sixers into a winning team?(sorry if this has been posted already)

10. MaxBallin

MaxBallin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting yao ming:</div><div class="quote_post">whoa, wait a sec, am i missing something? korver's gay? [​IMG] wtf?</div>
    I'm curious. How old are you?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting yao ming:</div><div class="quote_post">what if marice cheeks doesn't turn the sixers into a winning team?(sorry if this has been posted already)</div>
    Iverson will stand up and take all of the blame so that he doesn't lose a coach who lets him do whatever the hell he wants. Cheeks isn't going anywhere?

What if the minimum age rule isn't implemented in the new bargaining agreement and the Sixers some how end up with the first pick in the 2006 NBA Draft? (Who does the team pick? Gay? Oden? Bargnani?)

11. Really Lost One

<font color="DarkRed"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxBallin:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm curious. How old are you</font>?

Iverson will stand up and take all of the blame so that he doesn't lose a coach who lets him do whatever the hell he wants. Cheeks isn't going anywhere?

What if the minimum age rule isn't implemented in the new bargaining agreement and the Sixers some how end up with the first pick in the 2006 NBA Draft? (Who does the team pick? Gay? Oden? Bargnani?)</div>
    WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW OLD I AM? I WAS WONDERING IF KORVER WAS GAY OR NOT CUZ AVERY SAID HE WAS. JUST WONDERING IF HE'S LIEING.

12. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW OLD I AM? I WAS WONDERING IF KORVER WAS GAY OR NOT CUZ AVERY SAID HE WAS. JUST WONDERING IF HE'S LIEING.</div>
    Avery never said he was, he was simply explaining that if Korver ever came out of the closet (meaning say he's gay) what would happen. Guys, act more mature here.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What if the minimum age rule isn't implemented in the new bargaining agreement and the Sixers some how end up with the first pick in the 2006 NBA Draft? (Who does the team pick? Gay? Oden? Bargnani?)</div>
    Someone else answer this, I don't really follow high school ball.

13. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

okay

Rudy Gay 6-8 211 SF Connecticut

Strengths: Run and jump athlete who finishes well above the rim ... High flyer ... Very versatile... Does everything well ... Complete offensive arsenal... Can hit the mid range jumper... Excellent at slashing to the hoop... Accurate passer who is very unselfish... Does the majority of his damage in the post ... Very strong and stays active throughout the game ... Very tough to defend... Doesn?t get pushed around down low ... Runs the floor well ... Tough on the boards... Has a passion for the game ... Works harder than everyone else on the court ... A coach?s dream player ... Will most likely play on the wing at the next level ... Has great potential.

Weaknesses: Ball handling could stand to improve ... Must gain maturity ... Develop physically ... His glaring weaknesses are his inexperience and his handle. His handle has improved dramatically but learning that phase late has slowed him moderately ... He will be star with some college seasoning ... He has only really been coached for a year and a half now so if UConn can get 2 years out of him he will be one of the baddest things to come out of college since Tim Duncan ...

Andrea Bargnani 7-0 225 PF Benetton Treviso

Strengths: The only young 6-10 Italian prospect that can play as pure small forward and not only under the basket as power forward or center... He has a well built body with excellent athletic skills. On the offensive side he prefers going one-on-one and can score in many ways: shooting from outside, finishing a fast-break or on low-post moves. He's even adept at beating his defender off the dribble due to his great ball-handling skills including dribbling through his legs and behind the back. He runs the court very well with good speed and quickness despite his size. Has soft hands to shoot from three or from the mid range, that's his best quality. Free throw shooting is another strength. Under the basket he is not so tough, but has nice moves. On the defensive side, he has good fundamentals and likes to block shots and has excellent timing. He's also a hard worker and coachable.

Weaknesses: Like many European kids he needs to increase his body strength and add some muscles. Has to improve his rebounding skills and defense on small forwards at times. Mentally he still needs to progress. Has a tendency to rely on his jumper too much and not take the ball to basket as often as a 6-10 player should. Born in 1985, so he's still learning the game and has very little experience at a ahigh level, but Benetton Treviso is the right team for Andrea to become a great player.

Oden ..... http://www2.indystar.com/articles/9/154598-1309-036.html

And I would take Oden and move Sammy to PF if he was still with the team

14. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">And I would take Oden and move Sammy to PF if he was still with the team</div>
    Sam at PF? You don't put a 7 foot shot blocking, athletic freak, at power foward. Dalembert is a natraul center and the 76ers should never change that. Also we do have a power foward who can play his name is Chris Webber. Since you didn't add a "what if" I just replied to your comment.

What if the 76ers (acquire a pick first, of course) draft a true point guard then switch Allen Iverson back to shooting guard.

15. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">Sam at PF? You don't put a 7 foot shot blocking, athletic freak, at power foward. Dalembert is a natraul center and the 76ers should never change that. Also we do have a power foward who can play his name is Chris Webber. Since you didn't add a "what if" I just replied to your comment.

What if the 76ers (acquire a pick first, of course) draft a true point guard then switch Allen Iverson back to shooting guard.</div>

ummmmmmm...

http://www.gregoden.com/

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/baske...7-19-oden_x.htm

http://nbadraft.net/justaminute29.htm

Sorry if I had the number 1 pick I would take and place Oden on our team for the next 10 plus years. So you can Take Sammy and move him ........ But we don't even know if he will be around still so what if Sammy is gone C Webb is traded and the Sixers have the #1 pick with Iverson and Iggy as the main stars on the team.....

As for your what if what if they get a first round pick and take a PG.... What if they take a SG and Play them from the start of the year with Iverson and Iggy....

If you idea comes to pass I want Felton at the Point

my what if for you is what if we draft

Fransico Garcia and play him at the SG moving Iggy and Garcia from SG and SF with different matchups.....