Funny What is your funniest Blazer memory....

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Dougnsalem, Jul 17, 2016.

1. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

I can't... lots of horror I think, and some anime... or maybe it was Sheed who had the anime.

2. Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem not barf

I did something evil, and posted on another board also. I know, I know..... In my defense, we all are Blazer fans. I take no credit for this reply. I just had to share it

http://www.blazersedge.com/2016/7/17/12208108/whats-your-funniest-blazer-memory

I had won tickets to go to the Blazers vs Lakers around 2000 or so, a late-regular-season game that was honouring the 1977 championship team for the 100th time
    Me and my friend were in the very last row, but it was still great. They passed out stuffed Bill Walton dolls—
    [​IMG]

—and after what seemed like a controversial call that none of us approved of, fans started spontaneously throwing their Bill Walton dolls onto the court in protest. It was so funny… I didn’t throw mine of course, and I wouldn’t have even if I was closer to the court, I wanted to keep my damn doll and it’s here on my desk with me at all times!

Here’s video from the game (Sheed and the ref are mic’d and Sheed sez something funny too)—

I was annoyed we chose a Laker game to honour ourselves for our one measly title, seeing as they were our rivals and had won around 80 of them.

by Mortimer on Jul 17, 2016 | 8:03 AM

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  3. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    Don't really have any sadly. Whenever I've seen see the Blazers around town they are usually at a movie or trying to get their dicks wet. Mike Rice can be crotchety but in an endearing kind of way. I once saw Damon Stoudamire and I thought, "no way is he that short!"

Darkwebs, Dougnsalem and SlyPokerDog like this.
  4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Mine was probably Will Perdue shooting a freethrow that didn't make it halfway to the basket...bounced about 6 times and rolled to the refs feet. Probably my biggest NBA blooper of all time but Will was a Blazer for this one

Darkwebs, Chris Craig and Dougnsalem like this.
  5. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

i cant find a video but i remember it was playoffs i believe it was the game 3 where we were swept in the first round from the shitty lakers in 3. shawn kemp fumbled the ball but somehow reach around shaq and fumble it to himself around shaq and puts in the shot. he might not have made it, i cant remember, i just remember laughing my ass off that kemp sucked so bad and totally turned shaq around like wtf?

Darkwebs, riverman and Dougnsalem like this.
  6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

WINNER!!!!! I'd have given anything to meet Drazen...great story..one of my favorite Blazer players

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Great thread! Shoutout to MM for the Mike Rice ejection...forgot about that one..classic!

BlazerCaravan and Dougnsalem like this.
  8. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    As I have never lived in Oregon, let alone Portland, my contact with Blazers has been minimal. I did once meet a guy who was on the BBall team at Damon's first high school (before he transferred to a higher-prestige one) and said that everyone on the team hated him and was happy to see him go. So there's that.

Darkwebs and Dougnsalem like this.
  9. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

When i was a kid i went to an event where chris dudley and sabonis came to speak to the kids. When the event was over i saw dudley sneak out the back and sabonis was just like wtf? Then all the sudden we were surrounding sabonis trying to get an autograph and i just pictured dudley chilling in the limo like "haha sucker"

10. Paine Tablet

Paine Tablet Well-Known Member

I went to the Chris Dudley Basketball Camp in Coquille of all places and was shocked to see the future politician show up on the last day to answer questions. Kind of like what Mason Plumlee did the other day except Dudley sat in a chair and wasn't inspiring or altruistic. The year before, I didn't partake, but the camp was headed by one James Robinson. My good friend, the ayahuasca shaman, was able to meet this James Robinson, days before he was to be accused of sexual assault in Coos Bay.

11. Paine Tablet

Paine Tablet Well-Known Member

I played against Salim Stoudamire when he was a freshman at Lincoln. He did the same thing Damon did by transferring to higher-prestige team after his freshman season. A few years later at UO a group of friends and I got Lute Olson to pull Salim to the other side of the court in due part to our spectacularly drunk heckling.

Dougnsalem likes this.
  12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I watched Bill Walton play pickup games on the beach courts when I was stationed at NTC in San Diego. Didn't talk to me but needless to say, I never got in the game when he was there and that's probably a good thing

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I still can't believe Sly is responsible for putting Drazen in the doghouse, even if it was the roof

14. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Paint balling in Beaver creek Oregon at my friends paintball field we made. Gaming with Rasheed Wallace and his boys. Watching them hot box Rasheed's ride. In a bunker with Rasheed and I'm telling him to keep his head down and he's telling me how hard it is because he's so tall. Lol that conversation involved a little more than that but ya get the idea.

Second funniest was Oden and 6 men on the court. Lol

Darkwebs, Dougnsalem and riverman like this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Raymond Felton leaving the Blazers and swearing he'd come back and drop 50 on us...then ending up cleaning street lamps for the city of New York's community service program....karma's a bitch

blue32 and Dougnsalem like this.
  16. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Another one I just thought of was the Stephen A Racist cheese puff rant on the Blazers 2006 draft. Made a complete fool of himself

Dougnsalem, riverman and Sedatedfork like this.
  17. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

Early 90's, I must have been 8 or 9 and at the Columbia Villa Rec Center. In walks Uncle Cliffy. All of us kids were really excited, but nervous to approach him.

A couple other kids asked him "Are you Cliff Robinson?"

He responded "Nah, I'm Joe."

The kids said "No, you are Cliff Robinson!"

Uncle Cliffy: "Well then, why'd you ask?"

All of us kids laughed and thought it was so cool to be around him. When we left that day, my dad told me Uncle Cliffy was buying drugs...

18. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

When Portland had Clifford Robinson and the Lakers had Clifford Robinson, Schonz going nuts trying to call the game with players on each time with identical names on the floor at the same time.

Darkwebs, Dougnsalem and riverman like this.
  19. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    You mean "Think Positive?"

http://vid96.photobucket.com/albums/l200/HyperBully/ThePowerofPositiveThinking.mp4

20. Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem not barf

We used to laugh our asses off, every time this thing drove by 122nd and Division. At the time, we didn't have a clue who it was. (Darius Miles) Blew us away that he was actually able to keep it on the road.... mcmillan_darius_car.jpg

Darkwebs, riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.