What it will take to get Stotts fired?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Bruno_Sabino, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I think there are people on the Spurs message board who are saying the game has past him up, he can't win without Duncan, etc etc.

I would hope nobody is calling for the heads of Nurse or Stevens, but if there is a message board, there will be people wanting them gone too!

TBpup likes this.
  2. brooklynballer

brooklynballer Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the old “I was only joking” defense. You’ve shown your true feelings about Stotts numerous times in multiple threads, and that’s the real joke. LOL.

3. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Fans are the worst

Tince likes this.
  4. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Yes we are! "fa·nat·ic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal," Suits most of us pretty well!

5. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1991775

Looks like Nurse needs to improve his rotations, implore effort (that's always a classic one), restructure his offense, defensive matchups, start the game more prepared, change his starting lineup, etc. So basically, most of the complaints you hear from other fans about their coach. Sounds like another bum to add the list.

6. Buffalo Custard

Buffalo Custard Well-Known Member

What you say is absolutely true, but you are equating emotional venting with fans who offer thoughtful criticism.

Frankly, I wouldn't lose any sleep if the team moved on from both Stotts and Olshey!

BonesJones likes this.
  7. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Why don't you tell me my true feelings about coach Stotts.
    This outta be good.
    You have been around since 2008. I'm guessing you have lots of opinion here.

Tince likes this.
  8. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

You're right. I'm not saying all these fans who critize an NBA coaches offense, defense, subbing, effort, adjustments, etc. aren't correct, I'm just saying it's on every message board.

Like you, I wouldn't lose any sleep if both Stotts and Olshey were gone. I'd like to see a change to improve the roster, though I'd feel sorry for any GM who came in and tried to adjust on the fly with our current contract situation.

Buffalo Custard likes this.
  9. kjironman1

I have had this conversation so many times i can't begin to explain. Lost count ages ago.
    There are these talking points people have. They seem to get them from "Talking Heads" that use "Talking Points".

Tince likes this.
  10. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

So there's no hope that if we get a new coach that the same complaints won't be made about our next coach?!? We have the worst luck in finding coaches!

11. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

If the coaching is so meaningless, why do you defend it so hard? Coaches are more important than you think.

brooklynballer likes this.
  12. BonesJones

It's so frustrating. Somehow, other fans venting about their coach in a game thread makes all coaching criticism illegitimate.

TBpup and brooklynballer like this.
  13. BonesJones

You can find every opinion possible on every coach in the league. It's like if I went onto a forum of a terrible team and found people talking good about the coach then posted it as if to say anything good you say about Stotts is illegitimate because every team has fans who say good things about any coach...

14. BonesJones

This is why I cant stand this forum anymore. Were talking about what random people are venting in other teams game threads as if its somehow relevant to the discussion about Stotts. So many different tactics are used to to deligitimize Stotts criticism that isnt based on the basketball we play at all. I like talking about basketball, not random Raptor fans. Maybe yall should make a different forum for talking about what other forums are talking about.

jlprk, TBpup and brooklynballer like this.
  15. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I never said it was meaningless. That would be like me saying you saying coaching determines 100% of all outcomes.

I think talent is more important than coaching. I don't believe we disagree on that.

16. kjironman1

Not sure?
    The thing is that Stotts has had his time. Can he do better with a better roster? Probably. Will he change his fundamental approach? Probably not.
    The time is near. This many years with the same coach is an eternity in this league. I doubt he is out for next season but without something drastic? It's time to move on.
    A new fresh look and a new system might really suck just as much as it might be great. But from what i see most people would welcome change at this point.

TBpup, BonesJones and Tince like this.
  17. BonesJones

Both are important. Overall, talent matters more. But there are things coaches are in direct control over that they should be called out on if they sont make the right decisions. Basketball often comes down to the 5pt or fewer games. Coaching can swing that either way.

UKRAINEFAN, kjironman1 and TBpup like this.
  18. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I believe most of us are talking about basketball. There are some people who tell others they are dumb or they need to shut up, but the majority are very good.

Like your YouTube channel, you could create a Blazers message board where opinions of other teams fans are banned and any other rule you might like. Who knows, it might take off, I think there would be a market for that.

19. Zach Collins Enthusiast

Zach Collins Enthusiast Bored

None
    So, are we going to dump Stotts? Please neil do it already

20. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

See, we're really not that far off on where we stand, it just appears that we do. You'll probably always think I under value coaching and I'll probably always think you're too quick to blame the coach, but I appreciate the opposite point of view.