WHAT WAS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by GArenas, Mar 11, 2007.

1. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Re: WHAT WAS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Antawn Jamison never fouled Gary Payton, Gary Payton ran straight into him. The refs handed the game to the heat, god dammit, I feel like punching a wall :ranting:

2. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

:HAHAHA: Garyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Pay-TON

3. Dmoney

Dmoney BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LightsOut @ Mar 11 2007, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:HAHAHA: Garyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Pay-TON</div> :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: good win though

4. Branballs

Branballs BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmoney @ Mar 11 2007, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: good win though</div>the only way my team does anything in the playoffs is if Michael Ruffdawg finally has the baby hes been keeping in his head and it plays post defense and flies

5. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 11 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Antawn Jamison never fouled Gary Payton, Gary Payton ran straight into him. The refs handed the game to the heat, god dammit, I feel like punching a wall :ranting:</div>I agree that was a very questionable call, but you can't say that the referees handed the game to the Heat... Washington still managed to tie the game on the next possession after Arenas hit three free throws. They just couldn't stop Haslem on that last play...Washington had a clear advantage from the stripe, both in free throws attempted and made... so I don't see how you can say the referees gave that game to the Heat.

6. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Wizards fans like to blame games on the refs, and not their own team....

7. Branballs

Branballs BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Mar 11 2007, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wizards fans like to blame games on the refs, and not their own team....</div>Yeah, no other NBA fans do that other than Wizards fans. In fact, the NBA officiating is so good that no one should do it at all. Excuse me, I have to go listen to John Tesh CDs and pray to Charlie Manson.

8. Chris

Chris BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 11 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Antawn Jamison never fouled Gary Payton, Gary Payton ran straight into him. The refs handed the game to the heat, god dammit, I feel like punching a wall :ranting:</div>Payton didn't really foul Arenas either, so it balances out.

9. wade2shaq93

wade2shaq93 BBW Elite Member

They were gonna foul someone eventually so that call helped u because it gave u more time. Anyway GP missed both shots I believe so it doesn't matter. It was Haslem that beat the Wizards at the end, not the refs.

10. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

actually, gary payton made one shot. Secondly when we got hte final s hot we have won every time except for once this year. btw Gary Payton was all over Gilbert.

11. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

How come there's always Washington fans crying about the refs and bad calls? Maybe its your team.

12. Ultimate

Ultimate BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Mar 12 2007, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wizards fans like to blame games on the refs, and not their own team....</div>Not all of 'em. You sound like you're implying all wiz fans are whiners. And I only did that once. While I don't agree with that foul on Jamison for bumping on Payton, I also do not agree with that foul on Payton for bumping on Arenas while he was attempting a three. He barely touched him. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmoney @ Mar 12 2007, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Chill out, your acting like he disrespected your Girlfriend or something.</div>You're making it seem like Branballs started this whole sh.it with Justice. IMO, since the Mavs are doing this well this season (congrats to them) these Mavs fans are getting too damn cocky.

13. Bobby

Bobby BBW Member

anybody got a vid of the play?

14. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I hate when people use refs as excuses for all their losses. If the refs were always "good" you guys would be undefeated, right?

15. Branballs

Branballs BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Mar 14 2007, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate when people use refs as excuses for all their losses. If the refs were always "good" you guys would be undefeated, right?</div>it honestly was a pretty bad call from what I remember. All Jamison did was set a normal screen. Whatever, should've never came down to it anyway.

16. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

It was a call in the waning seconds of the game, it was a game deciding call. Secondly you guys are actually fighting each other on a bball forum, wow. I mean debating about bball is fine but some of you guys have caused me to keep my distance from bbw for a while.

17. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 14 2007, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It was a call in the waning seconds of the game, it was a game deciding call. Secondly you guys are actually fighting each other on a bball forum, wow. I mean debating about bball is fine but some of you guys have caused me to keep my distance from bbw for a while.</div>Despite the fact that the foul was called in the final 10-20 seconds of the game (estimating here since I don't recall it exactly) it was not a game deciding call. Washington tied the game despite that foul call, and lost on a game-winning shot by Udonis Haslem, not because of the free throws that resulted directly from that foul call.

18. Branballs

Branballs BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Mar 14 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Despite the fact that the foul was called in the final 10-20 seconds of the game (estimating here since I don't recall it exactly) it was not a game deciding call. Washington tied the game despite that foul call, and lost on a game-winning shot by Udonis Haslem, not because of the free throws that resulted directly from that foul call.</div> I think the point he's trying to make is that the ball is better off in the hands of our offense than our terrible defense and with the call, that took the ball away from us.

19. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Branballs @ Mar 14 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think the point he's trying to make is that the ball is better off in the hands of our offense than our terrible defense and with the call, that took the ball away from us.</div>Well, I think almost every team in the league would rather have the ball in the final seconds of the game instead of being on the defensive side of the ball... and just because the Wizards had to play defense for 3 seconds, and let Udonis Haslem of all people beat them with that shot doesn't mean the referees cost them the game. Washington played solid defense on that possession, but Haslem just hit a tough fade-away in the lane to win the game for Miami. Nothing you can do about that.

20. Branballs

Branballs BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Mar 14 2007, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, I think almost every team in the league would rather have the ball in the final seconds of the game instead of being on the defensive side of the ball... and just because the Wizards had to play defense for 3 seconds, and let Udonis Haslem of all people beat them with that shot doesn't mean the referees cost them the game. Washington played solid defense on that possession, but Haslem just hit a tough fade-away in the lane to win the game for Miami. Nothing you can do about that.</div>considering our track record of playing defense (Lebron...cough cough) its even more important for us that our offense has the ball. But Yeah, I see what you're saying, I'm not really worried about any of this until the playoffs.