Politics What will be the October Surprise?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Id be fine with just Hillary.
    She got us in this mess let her take one for the team!

2. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Hillary was president.

Chris Craig likes this.
  3. Hoopguru

You mentioned the "smoking gun" that will put numerous non presidents in jail.

4. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

And you said Hillary got us into this mess. She is a private citizen, not president.

5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

"On Wednesday morning, the New York Post published a story alleging that Hunter Biden dropped off a laptop at a Delaware computer store for repair and that the device contained nefarious emails and photos.

The item was immediately viewed with suspicion, both for the timing of it—coming less than three weeks before the elections—and the path the laptop supposedly took. The Post said that “before turning over the gear,” the owner of the computer repair shop, “made a copy of the hard drive and later gave it to former Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello.” The story alleged that the Biden son was setting up a meeting between a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm on which he served and his father, who was then the Vice President. The Biden campaign has said no such meeting was scheduled.

On Wednesday afternoon, a group of reporters, among them a journalist for The Daily Beast, spoke with the owner of the shop, a man named John Paul Mac Isaac who lives in Wilmington, Delaware. The audio of that nearly hour-long question and answer session is below.

Mac Isaac appeared nervous throughout. Several times, he said he was scared for his life and for the lives of those he loved. He appeared not to have a grasp on the timeline of the laptop arriving at his shop and its disappearance from it. He also said the impeachment of President Trump was a “sham.” Social media postings indicate that Mac Isaac is an avid Trump supporter, and voted for him in the 2016 election.

Mac Isaac said he had a medical condition that prevented him from actually seeing who dropped off the laptop but that he believed it to be Hunter Biden’s because of a sticker related to the Beau Biden Foundation that was on it. He said that Hunter Biden actually dropped off three laptops for repair, an abundance of hardware that he chalked up to the Biden son being “rich.”

Throughout the entire interview, Mac Isaac switched back and forth from saying he reached out to law enforcement after viewing the files in the laptop to saying that it was actually the Federal Bureau of Investigation that reached out to him. At one point, Mac Isaac claimed that he was emailing someone from the FBI about the laptop. At another point he claimed a special agent from the Baltimore office had contacted him after he alerted the FBI to the device’s existence. At another point, he said the FBI reached out to him for “help accessing his drive.”

Mac Isaac referenced the infamous Seth Rich conspiracy theory—which holds that a DNC staffer who police say was murdered in a botched robbery was actually killed off by Clinton allies because he leaked committee emails—as reason for his paranoia. He said he made a copy of the hard drive for purposes of personal protection.

“They probably knew I had a copy because I was pretty vocal about not wanting to get murdered,” he said, “so I’m going to have a copy.”

Mac Isaac refused to answer specific questions about whether he had been in contact with Rudy Giuliani before the laptop drop-off or at any other time before the Post’s publication. Pressed on his relationship with Giuliani, he replied: “When you’re afraid and you don’t know anything about the depth of the waters that you’re in, you want to find a lifeguard.”

Seeming to realize he’d said too much, he added: “Ah shit.”

So, Rudy was your lifeguard, the reporters asked. “No comment,” he replied
    ."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-w...ptop-to-rudy-speaks-out-in-bizarre-interview/
    **********************************************************************************

"The biggest problem with the claims in the emails is the same as that in every other Biden did something-something in Ukraine story. That problem is simple: Prosecutor Viktor Shokin was not investigating the company where Hunter Biden was on the board. How do we know that? Not only are there no records of such an investigation in Ukraine, Shokin himself has said as much. In fact, it was Shokin’s refusal to open such an investigation that led to U.K. officials requesting that he be removed from office.

How does the Post story weasel-word their way around this problem? In the most weasel-y way imaginable. According to the Post, Shokin had made “specific plans” to investigate Burisma. So not only did Joe Biden apparently step in to stop the investigation, he stopped it when it was just an idea in Shokin’s head that had not been acted on. Pretty darn clever, that Biden."
    ****************************************************************************************

"It might also be worth a quick look at the author of this Post article. The byline on the story is Emma-Jo Morris, who is listed on the masthead as Deputy Politics Editor at New York Post. Since when? Since today, that’s when. Morris has exactly three stories on her resume at the Post … all of them written on Wednesday. All of them about Hunter Biden. What did Morris do prior to her instant appointment as editor? She booked guests for Sean Hannity."
    ********************************************************************************************

"Just last month, FBI Director Christopher Wray and CIA officials made it clear that Giuliani’s orbit was a tight circle around Vladimir Putin. That included identifying former Ukrainian legislator Andrii Derkach—Giuliani’s primary contact in Ukraine—as a Russian disinformation agent who was in direct contact with the Kremlin. Derkach worked with Giuliani to spread disinformation about Biden “inside the United States through lobbyists, Congress, the media and contacts with figures close to the president.”

Not only is Giuliani’s October surprise anything but believable, the odds that it’s not a direct ploy to slip disinformation sourced by Russia into the American media appear vanishingly small. Because it’s not just Derkach who is a disinformation agent

Twitter has now blocked access to the Post story. Good for them. At least someone is trying to stop the flow of Russian propaganda
    ."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...s-frame-up-looks-more-like-Russian-propaganda

this looks like a pretty clumsy smear made up by Giuliani and his Russian handlers.

6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I have made a copy of this post and hidden it on my laptop just in case Biden or Hillary want to murder me.

7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

This is going to turn out to be Stupid Watergate, where the criminals break into their own houses, hide stolen stuff in the basement, and then have Rudy call the police on them.

Chris Craig and GoBlazersGo like this.
  8. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    It's almost like the mastermind is from an Austin Powers movie, cept not trying to be funny.

9. Hoopguru

By losing to Trump! If she would have let Joe and or EW run in 16 we wouldn't be in this situation. Don't you agree? Anyone except Hillary and/or Bernie could have won by a landslide.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Propagandist and kjironman1 like this.
  10. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this. The republicans had years to tear her apart piece by piece, investigation after investigation. People were tired of hearing her name. In the end she was a very bad candidate that was made out to be a criminal. Too many issues.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  11. kjironman1

12. kjironman1

13. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    SURPRISE!!

[​IMG]

14. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

upload_2020-10-15_7-34-13.png

not really a surprise.

Road Ratt, SlyPokerDog and riverman like this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Pay for play....New York mob style politics

lawai'a and SlyPokerDog like this.
  16. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    We've got candy like this to hand out o'plenty but we have the full sized ones and even then we often tell the kids to take two or three. I'm in my 70s and I haven't made a dent in the candy I collected when I was 8. I owe so much to kids that I'll never pay it off.
    We love kids.
    Par boiled and with a healthy amount of salt and pepper and even the toughest kids are tasty.

Chris Craig likes this.
  17. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

apparently, a huge October surprise is coming Sunday night

John Kelly & John Bolton, among others, are coming out and directly saying that trump is unfit for the presidency:

"Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, has told friends that President Donald Trump "is the most flawed person" he's ever known.

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," the retired Marine general has told friends, CNN has learned
    ."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/poli...om-former-administration-officials/index.html

kjironman1 likes this.
  18. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Trump's stupidity. He tweeted he was going to declassify all documents related to Russia investigation, no redactions. Various media outlets have filed legal briefs for full unredacted Mueller report. White House told judge no, and he didn't really mean it. Judge said president declassifies, not White House staff. Ordered Trump to appear Tuesday to answer. Either Trump says under oath he won't declassify or release report.
    No doubt will then count on his Supreme Court justices to block release.

riverman, Lanny and SlyPokerDog like this.
  19. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    He just won't show up.

20. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Then judge issues order to release. Is this the fight Trump wants?