Rumor What's going on in Portland?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Rastapopoulos, Jul 16, 2020.

1. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Here I am, in my mind 40s, and I still chuckle thinking of my mom saying "do you need to BM?" to me as a kid.

Such an odd acronym

2. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

All that's missing are the masks and burning crosses.

Lanny likes this.
  3. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

When Keep Portland Weird and 2020 meet!

5. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

6. SlyPokerDog

Proud Boy Alan Swinney Arrested on Charges of Assault and Unlawful Use of a Weapon

On Wednesday, the Portland Police Bureau arrested Alan Swinney, a regular at Proud Boys rallies, on charges of assault, attempted assault, unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful use of mace, menacing and pointing a firearm at another person.

The arrest follows a secret indictment filed Sept. 11 by the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office. The arrest occurred hours after President Trump told Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by” during Tuesday’s live presidential debate.

Now unsealed, the indictment shows that the charges stem from two separate incidents: one on Aug. 15 where Swinney allegedly injured another person with a paintball gun and unlawfully discharged mace, and another on Aug. 22 where Swinney allegedly pointed a revolver at another person amid a crowd of protesters during a Proud Boys rally in downtown Portland. (Swinney also faces a $1.2 million lawsuit stemming from these incidents.)

Swinney, 50, is currently being held at the Multnomah County Jail. Oregon Public Broadcasting first reported the arrest. Swinney is scheduled to be arraigned tomorrow, October 1.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/09/...rges-of-assault-and-unlawful-use-of-a-weapon/

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Lanny and GoBlazersGo like this.
  7. SlyPokerDog

8. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Gosh, seems pretty harsh for such a sweetheart.

GoBlazersGo and SlyPokerDog like this.
  9. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

Proud boys are this eras KKK

10. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Trump supports should be SO proud of their comrade.

11. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

President Donald Trump during Tuesday night’s debate said he secured the endorsement of the “Portland sheriff” -- presumably a reference to Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese.

Reese shortly after tweeted that was false.

“In tonight’s presidential debate the President said the ‘Portland Sheriff’ supports him," Reese said on Twitter. "As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support him.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2020/09/trump-claims-in-debate-portland-sheriff-gave-him-endorsement-reese-quickly-responds-i-will-never-support-him.html

12. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

He’s a great guy I’m sure.

13. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I am sure they are starting a go fund me to get him out

14. SlyPokerDog

Man pleads guilty to federal arson charge for fire set inside Justice Center in late May

A 32-year-old man pleaded guilty Wednesday to a federal arson charge for a fire set May 29 inside the Justice Center in downtown Portland at the start of four months of protests.

Edward Thomas Schinzing told U.S. District Judge Michael H. Simon that he was aware people were being held in custody on the upper floors of the Justice Center when he set the fire. At the time, the county jail in the building held 289 inmates.

Schinzing may face a mandatory minimum of five years in prison for the federal arson conviction when sentenced in January, the judge told him.

Schinzing was identified by investigators partly by his name tattooed across his back.

Though he’s accused of setting fire to county property, he was prosecuted in federal court, accused of maliciously damaging a building and property belonging to the city of Portland and Multnomah County that receives millions in federal assistance through the U.S. Department of Justice.

Investigators say Schinzing was among several hundred people who gathered at North Portland’s Peninsula Park earlier in the evening and then walked to the Justice Center.
    Photo and video images captured Schinzing at the front of the crowd, crossing the Burnside Bridge, about 10:35 pm., his shirt off and his name vivid on his upper back, according to court records.

By 10:59 p.m., several people broke windows near the northwest corner of the Justice Center and climbed inside.

Three civilian employees were working in the county corrections records office and “fled for safety as the windows were broken,” according to Cynthia M. Chang, a fire investigator with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

About 30 people entered the office through the broken windows, spray-painting it, damaging computer equipment and furniture and starting fires, according to Chang.

“The fuel for these fires appears to be readily available ordinary combustibles within the Correction Records Department, ignited by an introduced open flame,” Chang wrote in a federal affidavit.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...re-set-inside-justice-center-in-late-may.html

MARIS61 likes this.
  15. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Got him because he had his name tattooed on his back. Damn. Well, he broke the law and must pay the price.

Hoopguru and MARIS61 like this.
  16. Chris Craig

Is he a proud boy?

17. SlyPokerDog

ANTIFA!

MARIS61 likes this.
  18. Chris Craig

This is a proud boy thread

19. Chris Craig

Is this the new Frankenstein movie?

20. Chris Craig

The same van? Wtf