Rumor What's going on in Portland?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Rastapopoulos, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Fun stuff....

2. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

You and Tuckered Out are both waaaaaayyyyy behind the eight ball on this. See the thread @Natebishop3 posted, currently on page 2. But I’m glad to see you’re keeping up. Did you see “Abject Failure” Ted Wheeler won reelection in a landslide??? Just in case you and your boy Tuck didn’t see that........

GoBlazersGo and Tyrant of Ants like this.
  3. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Three are arrested for toppling and vandalizing war memorial as protesters graffiti businesses with racist and anti-Thanksgiving messages
    • Memorial in Lone Fir Cemetery was vandalized overnight in Portland, police say
    • A statue on top of the memorial was also toppled and sprayed with red paint
    • At least 10 other businesses were vandalized overnight, according to police
    • Words 'F**k Thanksgiving', 'decolonize', and 'colonizers' were written on them
    • Police arrested Chester Hester, 24, Nicole Noriega, 38, and Bailey Willack, 23
    • They were booked into the Multnomah County Jail, and each face 10 counts of first-degree criminal mischief. It’s not clear if they have attorneys
    upload_2020-11-26_21-26-14.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...erans-vandalized-statue-toppled-Portland.html

4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Damn. I was just there a couple weeks ago. Wonderful history there and stories of unimaginable suffering. Really a prespective check and means to be grateful for what we have.

If anyone gets time... learn some of the stories about some of the people that are laid to rest there. Beautiful and tragic.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

lol...Chester Hester....haha...pink hair

fuggin idiots

ehizzy3, Lanny and SlyPokerDog like this.
  6. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Like most criminals, they all have something in common, they're ugly as hell. Okay, I'm not the greatest looking person myself but damn I don't do that shit.

7. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Yesterday I saw a guy with green hair. It's a brave new world and people seem to no longer care whatever the hell they look like.

8. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

PORTLAND, Ore. — Portland has seen more homicides this year than it has in almost three decades and more than 850 shootings as of December, which is more than double the number reported in 2019. Portland police says it will take community action to reduce the gun violence the city is seeing.

“The number of bullets that must have been flying around our neighborhoods, city streets, sidewalks – it’s awful,” said Portland Police Bureau (PPB) Lieutenant Greg Pashley. According to Pashley, at least 225 people were shot in 2020, some of which contributed to the more than 50 homicides.

Sgt. Kenneth Duilio worked on the gun violence reduction team for 19 years before it was disbanded. He said that many shootings are gang-related and sometimes innocent people are caught in the middle.

“They're all connected. And some of these connections don't just go back like for a few weeks or a few months. They go back years and years,” said Duilio.

Portland police is asking for a community effort and action to help end the gun violence in the city.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...ity-action-to-help-end-spike-in-gun-violence/

9. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

10. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

The police were around. It's not like this increase is some evidence of what happens when the police are defunded or something, since that didn't actually happen.

It's almost as if record levels of unemployment, economic uncertainty, homelessness and hunger cause bad things to happen. GO figure.

11. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Jesus christ

Minstrel likes this.
  12. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Don't waste your time bro.

Minstrel and RR7 like this.
  13. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

1980, Portland received the All American City award. Portland and all of Oregon enjoyed one of the highest standards of living compared to all the other states.

Starting about 30 years ago, the politcal climate changed from balanced to being one sided. Taxes were raised making it more difficult for businesses to operate in Oregon compared to other states. Many good jobs were either lost, or moved to other states.

Slowly the standard of living declined in Oregon over the decades, when compared to other states. Portland became a shithole.

Now, things are so bad in Portland that it has declined into a 3rd world city hell hole

When are the people in Oregon and Portland going to wake up? They voted in the hell hole building politicans, they can vote them out. Their anti-capitalism policies are killing your state.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  14. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

All this may be true..... but why does the value of my house continue to climb?

RR7 likes this.
  15. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Because people from California gentrify your hood?

THE HCP likes this.
  16. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

This is one of the dumber things I have read on here in a while. It's decline into a 3rd world city shithole.? GTFO boomer. Back in my day....
    All about perception. Pull up some crime statistics from the 80s in Portland and lemme know how we're doing. KThanks.

donkiez and GoBlazersGo like this.
  17. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Is that article from 1980? An uptick in a pandemic, who could imagine!!! Show me the golden age of 1980 compared to 3rd world now or pound sand as well

Phatguysrule and GoBlazersGo like this.
  18. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

He mentioned 1980. Said we've gone downhill since. That's what I responded to. Try to keep up.

19. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

While I agree with you there has been a steady increase in home values, untill about a year ago. There has been a small decline in Portland home values.

This decline also shows up in a recent report on the rental prices. The report states the decline of rental prices is because younger families/people that rent are moving out of Portland.

So it is not just us old boomers moving away from the 3rd world hell hole. Younger people are also finding the Portland area less livable compared to other areas.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  20. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

You're the one who introduced the homeless problem into your rant of generalizations about people wanting police reform. Not me.

You're the one who introduced your ranting about people who want police reforms into multiple threads. Not me.

Cool, you've lived on the streets.

If you know so much about the homeless problem why did you include it in your rant about police reform?

Your overgeneralizations about what the majority of tax paying citizens in this city want from their police are just flat ass wrong.

Here are some fun facts for you, the citizens of Portland do support the police. We've done it every time they ask for money. Every ballot measure we have voted yes for. Including a jail that they demanded and never, ever, not once used.

Now there is a community in this city that says our police are not serving to the same standard that they serve everyone else. You mock that. Maybe it's time to listen to what they're asking for. The people who want to eliminate the police entirely is just as big as your flat earthers.

The homeless problem is not a police issue. The crimes caused by homeless, just like crimes by anyone else who aren't homeless is a police issue. Those are two very different things that you are intentionally conflating.