What's Next for LeBron James and Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by NBA Fanatic, Jun 15, 2010.

1. NBA Fanatic

NBA Fanatic Member

Here is an article that gives some reasons why LeBron James just might stay in Cleveland.

"In his press conference following Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals James said, 'I want to win. That's my only thing...and I think the Cavs is committed to doing that, but at the same time I've given myself options to this point.'

The Cavaliers have had the best record during the regular season the past two years. If winning is indeed the thing then continuing to build towards that goal with an organization that he feels is committed to winning may be the best thing to do. It will probably get him to his goal sooner than starting from scratch with a new organization whose ultimate goal may be something other than winning. As LeBron has learned, building a championship team is a process and does not happen overnight. Starting over again with the New Jersey Nets or New York Knicks (teams that have less talent than the Cavaliers) will just delay his championship aspirations."

It also mentions that the Cavaliers can pay LeBron more than any other team as well.

Here is the link if interested: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5452304/whats_next_for_lebron_james_and_cleveland.html?cat=14

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

If the Celtics end up winning the title it helps the Cavs chances IMO. New York is making a big public push for him though.

The Knicks have assembled the following people to help recruit LeBron James and the rest of the top NBA free agents to New York: Donald Trump, Alec Baldwin, Tracy Morgan, Boomer Esiason, Spike Lee, Chris Rock, Charlie Rose, John McEnroe, Donny Deutsch, Whoopi Goldberg, Mark Messier, Phil Simms, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier and Earl "The Pearl" Monroe.

"He would take over the city," Trump told the New York Post. "I am in many different cities, but I can tell you, LeBron, there is only one New York."

"You really want to live in Cleveland? That's what I would tell him. Where do you want to live?" said Rock.

Source: NY Post