What's next? Free agents...trades...rumors. Wade is a Bull

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by bullsger, Jun 26, 2016.

1. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

Also, the Kevin Martin thing is 5 years too late. He's on his last leg and the Bulls are already stockpiling 1-way shooters on their bench so I don't see the benefit of adding another.

I'd rather take a chance on a D-league guy who has defensive potential than Martin.

2. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

How 'bout E'Twaun Moore as a comparison? Smart combo guard who can handle a little and shoot a little but lacks the athleticism of a star.

3. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I don't see the Moore comparison very much. Defensively they're completely different players and on offense they have very different styles. Valentine's PG-ish on offense simply because he plays with a great sense of timing and space, not his size. He's on a different level than E'Twaun, who's very mediocre at setting up others.

Right now I'm thinking late career Jason Kidd/Grant Hill is Valentine's best comparison. He does a remarkable amount with very little athleticism.

On a related note, with the way the offseason turned out, E'Twaun would've been the perfect role player for us. Good enough shooter to play next to Jimmy and Wade and enough of a defender to split PG duties with Valentine in the second unit. I don't blame the Bulls for saying no to his contract but he could've replaced all three of Canaan, Dinwiddie and Grant.

4. bullsger

bullsger Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Getting younger...:blond:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/08/eastern-notes-jackson-cavs-howard.html