What's Next Rip City - season hype video

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BoBoBREWSKI, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

They were a pretty short backcourt, so it limits our defensive capabilities. That was probably their argument, but idk, I wasn't the one making it.

2. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

We are all a little excited about what Sharpe might become as well. It might not be soon, but it is certainly interesting. I assume you have seen him a little more than we did...

Eastoff and THE HCP like this.
  3. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I wasn't one of those who said it, but I did want another guard added to the duo. Someone like a healthy Wes. I think Hart is that guy. And adding Gp2 gives us depth. I know they won't start Hart at SG, but I would. Bring Ant in halfway through the first. Either way, I am excited about our backcourt.

Eastoff, swish3 and THE HCP like this.
  4. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I think we'll be pretty good. Probably top 6 in the West. It all depends on health though.

5. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Rip City 2 = S2,
    Where the the “S” stands for “Snark”.

Fairly-Hard likes this.
  6. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

We will be 7-10 and make the play in.

7. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Nobody is going to "sell you" on this team, because you have already made your mind up about every member of the roster, and you automatically dismiss anything that doesn't match up with your preconceptions.

Fact is that the defensive roster upgrades are the best we've seen here since Dame was drafted, and that Dame is the healthiest he's been in half a decade, and Ant is arguably every bit the sidekick for Dame that CJ is, but a far better athlete. The biggest question marks are at the forward spots, but the talent level that Nas brings at SF (if healthy) is undeniable, and though you denigrate him, Watford looks to be shaping up as a very capable backup 4.

Quite simply, if Dame/Ant can bring the offense we expect them to, and the team can gel defensively under Billups' tutelage, this squad absolutely has a legitimate chance to make some noise this year.

Bob Dobalina, Eastoff, swish3 and 7 others like this.
  8. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Hey I'm excited about Sharpe too. I'm excited about ANY player we have if they are going to help us. Dame will be either playing with the Lakers or out of the league before this kid can help us though. Thats real talk.

9. THE HCP

So you are excited about the one thing about this team that I am. Dame and Ant.

10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

You wish.

THE HCP likes this.
  11. THE HCP

The only thing I'm pumped about is Dame, Hart and Ant. Because they should perform like we know they will. It's the rest of the team my guy. No backup PF or center. If Grant is our PF, he's undersized. We actually have people who think Sharpe is going to help us win THIS season. Just not happening. I love Nas, he just can't stay healthy for more than 5 straight games, so there's that. Watford "looks to be shaping up as a very capable backup 4" Curious where this is coming from.

Now look what I just typed..... what is so "dismissive" about that? You keep coming at me because I don't agree with you..... I think we will be the 10th seed with 40 wins and you seem to "dismiss" this as a possibility. Let's talk.....

12. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

There are way more than TWO SNARKS around here!

13. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I have always been a Josh Hart fan and wanted the Blazers to draft him. Was pissed that the Lakers got him on draft night. Living in LA I watch the 4th quarter of a lot of Laker games and he was a fan favorite. So I was excited to get him last year and he did not disappoint. I prefer him in a 3 guard rotation with Dame and Ant, but clearly getting GP2 it looks like Hart will play both spots. I think he and Little will add a lot of energy to the team from the SF spot. I am excited about positions 1-3. Plus we add Sharpe to the mix in another year after he develops.

I am also excited about how Nurk ended last year, but of course, I am cautious about him getting injured because his backups are ......backups and not starters. So that is still a concern.

The PF spot I am unsure. If Grant can shoot in the high 30s from deep like he has the last 4 years, then I think we can be pretty good. Watford is still a question mark against top talent but I like his game. I love a PF who can help bring the ball up the court much like Green.

The Blazers can put a fun energetic 2nd team out there with Gp2, Ant, Hart, and Winslow/Watford, who will hustle their asses off and be fun to watch. Maybe they take Nurk out early in the first and play him with the 2nd team for some offense? Granted there are some question marks, but overall yeah I am excited more this year than I was to start last year. I like the defensive upgrades.

14. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

Well, that's a belief you have which might turn out to be right. But it might not.

Let's just say that when a guy is drafted at the end of the first round and plays behind two great or very good players in his position, it's ok if it takes him 4 years to break out (Ant), but a guy that was drafted closer to the top-end of the draft, seems to be more NBA ready body wise and will likely have much less great competition ahead of him in the SF position, might be productive earlier than that. Of course, I have no idea if he is or not, but I was pretty sure Ant would be something since the very first summer league game I saw him play.

Eastoff, THE HCP and PtldPlatypus like this.
  15. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Nobody's dismissing 40 wins and the 10th seed as a possibility--just as an inevitability, which is how you've repeatedly presented it.

What's dismissive about what you typed above? Saying we have no backup PF or C, saying Nas can't stay healthy for more than 5 straight games, ignoring the acquisition of GP2, minimizing Watford's growth into a legit NBA player, omitting mention of Nurk entirely...basically everything except what you said about Dame, Hart and Ant.

I don't care that you don't agree with me. There are tons of posters who don't agree with me. What bothers me is when you present yourself as superior to posters who choose to look forward to this season with optimism.

Bob Dobalina and Eastoff like this.
  16. THE HCP

Wow. I “presented myself as superior to posters”?
    You gotta give me an example of how me saying we’d only win40 games and finish 10th is me “presenting myself superior” to other members on here.
    I’m actually looking forward to this. Wow!

17. THE HCP

I mean I have a PLETHORA of reasons to feel superior to these guys on here, I mean that’s obvious, but predicting a mediocre season isn’t one of ‘em.

bring it…..

18. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    upload_2022-9-15_16-51-50.jpeg

SlyPokerDog and THE HCP like this.
  19. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    PLETHORA?! THE HCP got himself a new thesaurus to start the season. I think he really is excited, but trying to play it cool.

THE HCP and Fairly-Hard like this.
  20. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

Ha Ha Ha! BAM!

THE HCP likes this.