Where in the World is Sam Clancy?

Discussion in 'International Basketball' started by kobimel, Jul 3, 2008.

1. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

As you can see, the name of my series of specials on former NBA players who now make a living by playing basketball all over the world has been changed. The shocking content, on the other hand, hasn't. Get ready for a once in a lifetime dive into the basketball career of one, Sam Clancy, Jr. Since leaving the 76ers back in 2003, Clancy has been a part of 11 different teams from 7 countries and 4 continents. That's an average of 2.2 teams per season. How is that possible? Has Clancy even been any good? Is he worthy of an NBA contract? Read more and find out for yourselves.

http://www.sports-nba.com/where_in_the_wor...sam_clancy.html

2. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask: if you have any suggestions as to who I might do next, list names. I'll look over them and pick one. Clancy, for example, was one of cpaw's suggestions from a few months ago. Hollis Price, Travis Best and Anthony Goldwire are 3 other suggestions from the Loren Woods thread who I'm considering right now.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    How about Leon Smith or Ndudi Ebi?

4. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Good article Kobi.

What position has Sam been playing overseas?

5. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locke @ Jul 5 2008, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How about Leon Smith or Ndudi Ebi?</div>

Actually, I've seen Ebi play a lot this season, since he played for Bnei Hasharon here in Israel. He sounds like an interesting candidate, I'll put him on the list.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jul 5 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Good article Kobi.

What position has Sam been playing overseas?</div>

Anything from the 3/4/5, I haven't seen him play much outside the Euroleague so I'm not sure. Last season for Le Mans in the Euroleague, he played the 4 a lot. I'd ask M21, I believe he some LNB games this past season so he probably knows better than I.

6. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Wow, that was pretty good. I was always wondering what happened to him after he couldn't make it with the Nets.

Doesn't sound like he's all that great...not really worth an NBA contract. So...do you know how his defense is?

7. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 5 2008, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, that was pretty good. I was always wondering what happened to him after he couldn't make it with the Nets.

Doesn't sound like he's all that great...not really worth an NBA contract. So...do you know how his defense is?</div>

Thanks.

As I said, I haven't really seen him play much. But, from the little I did see, he's a wide, strong guy, and he's a presence in the lane that isn't that common in Europe. In the NBA, on the other hand, he wouldn't be so special physically. He's by no means a shut-down defender, but he's no liability either.

8. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

Update: Clancy has signed with Ural Great of Russia.

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2008/09/ural-great-signed-sam-clancy.html