Where'd They Go (?) Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by The Legacy, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Stones

Stones BBW Member

Re: Where'd They Go (?) Thread

Joe Forte, he was sick at NC. Left for the pros instead of developing his game, and in college he was supposed to be the next Jordan. He's playing in Italy now though according to Wikipedia. Could have been something if he stayed in college.

2. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Isn't Darvin Ham some sort of host for NBA TV?

3. SerbBojo

SerbBojo BBW Member

Eddie Robinson, he had some problems with Skiles, they bought him out and I havent seen or heard anything about him in awhile

4. TheBigO

TheBigO BBW Member

Eddie Robinson is..or was playing in the NBDL this year.

5. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Vladimir Stephania I thought was going to be good for years to come, but he floated around a couple teams, and never got consistent minutes for the solid production he was giving. He's playing somewhere in Europe, and may try to make a comeback this year. He last saw NBA action in a 2004-2005 preseason game against Toronto.

6. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Apr 5 2007, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Corey Benjemin? I know he was in Kobe's HS class, and he was an all-american..Lester Earl? He's the sickest dunker ive ever seen.. He was also an all-american in Kobe's class..</div>Corey Benjamin played from 98 to 03 in the NBA, averaging 5.5 ppg for his career. Before the NBA he spent 2 years playing for Oregon State then got drafted 28th overall by the Bulls.As for Earl, here is an article about him:http://thethirdbattleofneworleans.blogspot...ears-later.html Apparently he was involved in a bunch of crazy stuff in his college career including getting arrested.

7. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Predrag Drobnjak, was the ''big signing'' thing for the bobcats for like a month where did he go?Moochie Norris ?Chris Crawford? he was awsome for the Hawks one year then completly disappeared, I really want to know where he went.Jim Jackson ? I wouldn't say his career is over yet, he's kind of like a eddie jones though with 10th man role off the bench. Is he retired or still playing?Roger Mason ?Tariq Abdul-Wahad, French guy .. the guy that was signed with the mavs for a coupe of seasons .. where's he now!Lee Nailon, was just with the sixers last season..was decent and even better before that season with the hornets, is he a free agent or what .. ?Michael Dickerson, now I know he had that injury but just wondering ..is he ever going to come back lol.Doug Overton ?Keith Van Horn!! what is he doing now ??Christian Laettner ?love this thread!

8. Brando

Brando BBW Member

what happened to Matt Geiger?

9. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>what happened to Matt Geiger?</div>He retired after the 01/02 season. He averaged 9.2 ppg and 5.7 rpg in 10 seasons.

10. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Predrag Drobnjak, was the ''big signing'' thing for the bobcats for like a month where did he go?Moochie Norris ?Chris Crawford? he was awsome for the Hawks one year then completly disappeared, I really want to know where he went.Jim Jackson ? I wouldn't say his career is over yet, he's kind of like a eddie jones though with 10th man role off the bench. Is he retired or still playing?Roger Mason ?Tariq Abdul-Wahad, French guy .. the guy that was signed with the mavs for a coupe of seasons .. where's he now!Lee Nailon, was just with the sixers last season..was decent and even better before that season with the hornets, is he a free agent or what .. ?Michael Dickerson, now I know he had that injury but just wondering ..is he ever going to come back lol.Doug Overton ?Keith Van Horn!! what is he doing now ??Christian Laettner ?love this thread!</div>Predrag Dobnjak-The man who was once dubbed "The Russian Truck Driver" by Tommy Heinsohn currently is under contract with KK Partizan in Spain, it was the team he played for before his short NBA careerMoochie-Played 16 games with the Hornets last year after being traded from Houston. I believe he's a free agent.Chris Crawford-Played 7 seasons with the Hawks, his last in 2003-2004, I believe he either retired or just simply was never signed again. He's not in the D-League and I don't believe he's in a minor league either.Jim Jackson-Always felt bad for this guy, he should have been an unbelievable player in this league but had that awful injury and never recovered from it really. He still played some good ball but he coulda been so sick. He was waived by the Suns in O6', the the Lakers singed him, but I don't even know if he ever stepped on the floor with a Lakers jersey.Roger Mason-Had a 10-day contract with the Wizards at some point this season but I think he got cut. Probably still a free agent.Tariq Abdul-Wahad-Underachiever. Period. Was signed to one of the worst contracts in the history of the league for a guy of his talent. (aka no talent). He was always injured, a bad locker room guy, I remember that incident when he was on the Nuggets where Dan Issel told him to hustle and he said "don't talk to me like that". He got injured, the Mavs somehow picked up his contract, he played like 5 games for them and he fizzled out of the league.Lee Nailon-Plays pro ball in Isreal.Michael Dickerson-Had awful groin injuries that forced him to retire in 2002. He was a great player his first few years in the league. I got to see him play in Boston once back in the day when I had floor seats against the Grizzlies.Doug Overton-Assistant coach for Saint Joseph's.Keith Van Horn-Free agent that wanted to take a year off I believe. There have been rumors of the Jazz picking him up in the past. I think he plans on returning next season.Christian Laettner-Retired, wants to buy the Memphis Grizzlies.

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amare320 @ Apr 5 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Roger Mason ?Christian Laettner ?love this thread!</div>Roger Mason Jr. is on the Wizards right now. Gets a couple minutes a game and sometimes does in-fact knock down some nice three pointers. However he never really played up to his potential.I actually asked about Laettner earlier in the thread. He doesn't play anymore, was tarded to the Mavs but ended up on the Heat where he eventually retired.

12. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

How many teams did Jim Jackson play for? Yeesh, you've got to feel for the guy.

13. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Apr 6 2007, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How many teams did Jim Jackson play for? Yeesh, you've got to feel for the guy.</div>Jim Jackson has been on 11 different franchises through his 13 year career. [​IMG]

14. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Apr 5 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Isn't Darvin Ham some sort of host for NBA TV?</div>He's a pregame anchor host for the Maverick games right now.

15. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pjcolpitts? @ Apr 6 2007, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He's a pregame anchor host for the Maverick games right now.</div>I see.. but why the Mavs? He never played for them, is there some sort of connection?

16. Point Blank

Point Blank BBW Member

Did Jimmy Jackson retire?

17. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Did Jimmy Jackson retire?</div>He was pretty much let go, didn't have a contract, and nobody wanted him. I felt bad for the guy, he was a really talented basketball player at one point in his career and it seemed like he never was able to showcase his talent. Injurues+age caught up with him.

18. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

Christian Laettner-Retired, wants to buy the Memphis Grizzlies. LMAO how he have all that money again? Or anything even close to that or even half the money needed?

19. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 7 2007, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Christian Laettner-Retired, wants to buy the Memphis Grizzlies. LMAO how he have all that money again? Or anything even close to that or even half the money needed?</div>Real Estate. I believe he has some very wealthy partners in real estate that he wants to buy the team with.

20. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I see.. but why the Mavs? He never played for them, is there some sort of connection?</div>He was drafted 4th overall by the Mavericks in 1992. He played his first four years with the team and had his best statistical season with the Mavs. He was emerging as a superstar before he got a bad ankle injury, he was averaging 26 points a game in 51 games in 94-95 but got injured.