Where'd They Go (?) Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by The Legacy, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Stones

Stones BBW Member

Re: Where'd They Go (?) Thread

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Apr 7 2007, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He was drafted 4th overall by the Mavericks in 1992. He played his first four years with the team and had his best statistical season with the Mavs. He was emerging as a superstar before he got a bad ankle injury, he was averaging 26 points a game in 51 games in 94-95 but got injured.</div>They're talking about Darvin Ham, not Jimmy Jackson.Anyone know how Ham is connected to the Mavs? :dunno:

2. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

whoops my bad

3. Point Blank

Point Blank BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Apr 7 2007, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He was pretty much let go, didn't have a contract, and nobody wanted him. I felt bad for the guy, he was a really talented basketball player at one point in his career and it seemed like he never was able to showcase his talent. Injurues+age caught up with him.</div>He was a helluva shooter

4. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Lee Nailon, was just with the sixers last season..was decent and even better before that season with the hornets, is he a free agent or what .. ?</div>yeah he was tearing it up for a while for new orleans a couple years ago

5. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Anyone know whatever happened to Courtney Alexander?

6. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 7 2007, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone know whatever happened to Courtney Alexander?</div>besides sucking?"On October 8, 2006, Alexander was signed by the Denver Nuggets[2] after being out of the league for three seasons, but was waived on October 15.[3]"Anybody remember the NBA live (might have been 2k something) game where Courtney Alexander was rated 78 and Bill Walton was Rated 77?

7. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Courtney Alexander wasn't bad at one point in his career, but then somehow he just faded into oblivion.

8. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 7 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Real Estate. I believe he has some very wealthy partners in real estate that he wants to buy the team with.</div>Ow wow okay how much money does he actually have him self though?

9. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

Marcus Fizer?4th pick overall in 2000. He never really had a bad season as a bench player. Stat-wise he should be on some team right now. I'm pretty sure he's in the D-League right now but does anyone know why no1 wanted him?

10. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

If you want to know what's going on with a player, there's a magical tool called google. Marcus Fizer was a ballhog, poor defender, stat-whore who plays with too much weight.

11. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If you want to know what's going on with a player, there's a magical tool called google.</div>that doesn't explain where every random player went

12. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 8 2007, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ow wow okay how much money does he actually have him self though?</div>lol. how would I know? I'm not a robber or an accountant.I imagine he probably has maybe around 20-30 million though.

13. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Apr 8 2007, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If you want to know what's going on with a player, there's a magical tool called google. Marcus Fizer was a ballhog, poor defender, stat-whore who plays with too much weight.</div>That's actually the first thing that comes up when you search him on google :dribble:

14. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Looking at Marcus Fizer's numbers, I dont know how he went out of the league so fast. He started off his career doing ok, and then he just started dropping. As he got less playing time, his numbers were decent (considering how much he played), and now he is out of the leauge. Kinda weird IMO...

15. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 9 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Looking at Marcus Fizer's numbers, I dont know how he went out of the league so fast. He started off his career doing ok, and then he just started dropping. As he got less playing time, his numbers were decent (considering how much he played), and now he is out of the leauge. Kinda weird IMO...</div>Another case of stats lying. [​IMG]

16. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

^Stats dont lie....I dont care what anybody says. He obviously earned what he got. His percentages werent that great, but they were never terrible. Its not like he ever played a great deal of minutes or anything...I guess he must have gotten worse as his career went along. Im guessing that there was a big injury somewhere...

17. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 8 2007, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lol. how would I know? I'm not a robber or an accountant.I imagine he probably has maybe around 20-30 million though.</div>LOL ow aight hmm most be some big partners then. lol

18. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

what happend to Todd Fuller ?edit - Pavel Podkolzin ?? I thought he would be playing with a NBA team this season.

19. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 9 2007, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^Stats dont lie....I dont care what anybody says. He obviously earned what he got. His percentages werent that great, but they were never terrible. Its not like he ever played a great deal of minutes or anything...I guess he must have gotten worse as his career went along. Im guessing that there was a big injury somewhere...</div>You're "guessing there was a big injury." Why is that? And stats DO lie quite a bit, and they never tell the whole story.

20. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You're "guessing there was a big injury." Why is that? And stats DO lie quite a bit, and they never tell the whole story.</div>With random role players they don't tell the whole story but most of the time they do tell the whole story.