Which Trade Do You Prefer, Harris or Crash?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Masbee, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Of the two, I pick the Charlotte deal. I think Miller, Rudy and a 1st is too much for Harris.

An interesting thought, who whould be happier to see Augustin? Roy would get a better shooter, and Aldridge would get an ex teammate that likes to push the ball

2. Shooter

Shooter Unanimously Great

advertising
    What the hell is Crash?

3. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

The sound Gerald Wallace makes when he hits the floor after getting clobbered in the lane 400 times per season.

4. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I think that I prefer the NJ deal... because I think that Camby has more value than Rudy and a first.

I believe that Augustin can still become at least an average starting PG, so I think that I like the Charlotte deal a lot more than most here.

Ed O.

5. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I like the CHA deal.

I'm not the biggest Devin Harris fan in the world. His supposed defensive prowess has seem to have tapered in proportion to the salary he's drawing. He's not that durable, and he doesn't shoot well from distance. I wouldn't cry if we swapped Andre straight-up for him, but don't do me a favor and buy high on Devin.

I actually like being able to give up Camby instead of Joel in the CHA deal, meaning that we still have ~9M in expiring contracts that we can bring back.

Run Augustin, Matthews, Batum, Wallace and LMA and that's a pretty good defensive squad that can get to the line, shoot 3s, and run run run. You'd have Patty, Rudy, Roy, Dante, Joel and Diop that could come off the bench, and some room for trading later.

6. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    What about trading for both Wallace and Harris? Miller and pick for Harris; Batum and Przbilla for Wallace. We could have a pretty good defensive team with Camby, Aldridge, Wallace, Matthews and Harris. Might take a while to jell but would be very active and aggressive offensively.

7. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

1 vote for Crash.

Wallace would be a perfect fit alongside Wes Matthews. They both play all-out, and that style of play, along with LMA beasting, could set the tone for the 'Retooled' Blazers post BRoy. We would have a great wing rotation when Batum is added in.

Whilst Harris is younger, I've never been a huge fan of his game; and I think the Blazers would be better of playing the patience game with the PG position in the hopes that someone comes along, whether through draft or trade, that would fit into the Blazers new style going forward.

Wallace I could see fitting in immediately, but, I just don't see Harris as the long term answer at PG.

8. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    OK, we could also get Kwame Brown in this trade since we would need a backup center, and maybe a wink/wink deal that they would release Joel after 6o days so we could resign him (that would also give him time to become 100% physically and timing).

9. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Neither of these downgrades appeals to me.

10. ripcity67

ripcity67 Active Member

#1 if those are the trades, but I thought #1 was Miller, Batum, NO 1st for Harris. I think Batum and miller and 1st is too much for Harris.

11. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    I like both deals. But, I think I lean towards Harris because we would still have Camby to either use, or trade in another retooling effort.

Although I think I would pull the trigger on the Harris deal, I do think that we are paying a tad too much. Rudy or the pick, but both seems too much. Also, I think that the Blazers are dealing from a point of strength here since the best player goes to NJ and Denver is trying to not get bent over a barrel by Melo. If (and that's a big if) Melo accepts the trade to the Nets, i really don't think NJ or the Nugs would risk the deal falling apart if the Blazers lessened their offer.

12. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Wallace is not a "go to" guy. I like him as a player, but we need an offensive player. I realize he scores points but they are mostly garbage points. We need someone who can score when the game is on the line. (like in the last 3 minutes of the GS game) Harris is pretty good at penetrating and drawing the foul. (At least against us) Between the two options i would go for harris