Whispers again

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Mediocre Man, Feb 16, 2017.

1. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

The full bolded text tweaks me.
    You might as well have put it in all caps.
    Because of that, I won't be reading anything you put past the first sentence.
    Feel free to adjust your post if you'd like to continue to have a conversation. But without that, I personally won't be responding to anything wrote in this comment.

2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

very good points all around....but from everything I've read in this draft the difference isn't that great between the top 20 picks unless you've got number 1 this year...also I trust Olshey's eye for draft talent. I could also see us drafting for another team in a trade as well. I just don't see Olshey getting guys over 24 years of age at this point to build a contender.....as someone mentioned....the bold font is not easy on the eyes for long posts....

3. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Trusting "Olshey's eye for talent" is all the more reason to hope for as high a pick as possible. The larger the pool of available players, the more likely the player he wants will be available. That's just common sense.

blue9, Eastoff, Darkwebs and 2 others like this.
  4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

You're wrong. There's 5 guys that would be deserving of #1 (Fultz, Ball, Smith, Jackson, Tatum). Then there's a group of players that would be top 5 in most drafts (Fox, Isaac, Monk, Markannen).

After that it falls off a bit.

Darkwebs likes this.
  5. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

There's another advantage to moving up in the draft that I haven't seen mentioned (maybe I just missed it?)

If the Blazers can get into the top 3-5 and there really isn't any difference between the guys that are 1-10 (or whatever) then it gives you leverage with teams that want to move up. You could have the opportunity to move back a few places, pick up a few assets and still get a guy you really want.

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm not sure Ball isn't Adam Morrison...he's falling on the floor a whole lot against guys the size of Allen Crabbe....I watched him play 4 games...he can shoot...likes to flop...doesn't have an NBA body...

GoBlazersGo and BonesJones like this.
  7. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I think he'll be a bust too, but based on what he's doing in college he'd still be deserving as a boom or bust pick.

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I've watched a bit of college ball because my client watches every college game so it's on at work....for you guys in the know...who's the next Karl Malone power forward in this draft?

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

He'll get crushed in the paint in the NBA...it won't be pretty

10. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

Bridges from Michigan st is a player that you need keep a eye on. I know he play SF in college but it seems he also can play some 2. He deadly in the corners from 3 and he can also take it to the rim.

11. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

It appears this glazed duck guy views the draft EXACTLY how I do, and since he writes so much more better ;) than me, he will be speaking on my behalf until further notice.

12. Mediocre Man

That's too bad because it is the truth

13. Mediocre Man

Why do you trust Olshey's eye?

You can't count Dame because the previous regime was locked in on him, and so was Paul Allen.

14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Lindsey Buckingham fan?

Dougnsalem likes this.
  15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

MM thanks either way. Either for the blowhard falsities that have spawned much good read. Or thanks for the depth of insider knowledge you just opened us up to. Either way, I agree with the bulk of it, so the organization is doing alright by me as long as you arent blowing sunshine up our arses! :)

16. Mediocre Man

Never doubt pizza guy

GriLtCheeZ and Orion Bailey like this.
  17. glazeduck

glazeduck Well-Known Member

HA! Thanks MM, happy to speak for you anytime.

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Some incredibly great points, but the win goes to...
    @glazeduck
    The key is, we are only a few games out of a decent lottery pick. If it were more and we were on the heels of a top 8 spot, then you play on a sore foot to try to do something. But given the current situation, unless we go on a solid winning streak right out of the gate, I see several options in this draft.
    Optimal possible scenario?
    We maintain a "Do everything you can to win" while not risking further injury to players(sitting Dame) and still losing so we end up in the top 10. That means we will have for arguments sake, an 8/22/29 pick
    Who says we cant take our 8/22 and Harkless and trade it for a top 2-5 to land a guy like Josh Jackson to be our future SF?
    Then who says we cant trade ezeli/29pick/Vonleh/Aminu/Leonard to try to get into the top 12-15 to get a second solid prospect at PF position like Rabb or Leaf.

Obviously those are off the cusp trade thoughts, but if we have a top ten pick ourselves its feasable to trade to draft up to nail Jackson or Tattum I think.

19. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Just like the majority believe on the internet full caps is yelling, and "emphasizes" what you want to get across.
    So is it true that typing in bold emphasizes something you wanted to get across.
    While all bold might not be considered "yelling" like all caps or changing the text to red.
    It holds the same meaning.
    Especially when I've never seen the specific poster do it before or sense.

I however decided to wait until he changed it, if he doesn't not my problem.
    :growup:

20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Thought I understand the common sense thought of Caps regarding yelling, in that instance I found it easier to read. Easier to differentiate between the quotes and what he was saying.

I do however find it ironic that you chose to tell someone to grow up all the while stating you refuse to read anything someone says until they stop yelling. ;) Just sayin.

Red Rooster and TBpup like this.