Politics White Nationalist Rally turns to violence and terrorism

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Well, the point is that they want to create it in America. ;) Obviously, that ship (the Mayflower) has sailed but I disagree with the idea that if we ignore it, it goes away. Especially when they march through the city with torches, like some modern day Klan march. Letting them have their gathering is fine--they should have their right to free expression. But there should be opposition. And their shouldn't be a chilling effect, like, "If you show up, there'll be violence." (That goes in both directions and I agree with your earlier observation that when Antifa is violent or intimidating, they're ironically utilizing fascist tactics, as well.)

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Pretty much saying the same thing. I think you guys are closer than you think on this. Within both sides there are extreme extremists who would prefer a more fascist lifestyle, limiting the freedoms of the many, so the few can leave in a controlled peace.
    Their failure is they are unable to see that the moment you try to control peace, it no longer exists.

3. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Issue is we live in a world where people would label me racist, homophobic, and fascist. Why? because I simply have a different opinion. Am I any of those things though? absolutely not. The far left made this okay. That's my issue with the far left more than the far right. You see, mostly everybody dislikes the far right neo nazi types. Pretty much nobody agrees with their behavior but everybody wants to act like this is such a common thing. It's not. Everybody denounces it. They are a minority. That problem is taken care of practically. However this idea that it's okay to be a fascist is widely becoming okay because people actually think it's fighting fascism. Celebrities endorse this behavior, most young people learn it in college. Learning lies about the way of the world. Then it's spread. Now you have young and hateful people growing up and probably don't know what the fuck they are doing till they turn 25 and their brain is fully developed or maybe not. People throwing out racists left and right, can't even have an actual conversation. It's a problem in America. A growing problem. The neo nazis aren't

4. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I suppose if you think these statements say the same thing, then I guess they do.

But to me, I thought you called for, step and measure to continue equal rights. Then in the next statement, it seems the golden rule will do. It should, but I doubt it will.
    I don't think this removing art work issue has any application under the golden rule. I can only think of one reason it even comes up now. I don't even care about any of them really, but I am very suspicious of Democrats bringing up this issue now. Like I say, I don't care, but I think the Democrats do and I think they know who will care, just like I think they know who will resist those that do care.
    Not much use of the Golden Rule in this game.

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I am all for steps and measures, as long as they do not limit the freedoms of anyone else. I'm just not sure what else can be done. We have already provided ways to get ahead economically, with regards to educational help and career/employment help.
    There is no amount of money I think anyone can come in agreement to , so a monetary reimbursement is not realistic.
    Im not saying thre golden rule is gonna work, Im saying I think its the only thing that WILL work. But that requires faith in humanity.

MarAzul likes this.
  6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Perhaps today is my first time to criticize my new President. Well not him so much as his team of advisors. I think the President has enough to do without contemplating strategy with the rabble rouser(s). So this is on the team.

The Trump team were out maneuvered again by the Democrats in the field of battle where the Democrats hold the ground, the Cities of America.
    As soon as it was apparent that there was a movement now to remove all monuments of the Civil war era, the position of the administration should have been to push for expediting this
    process to the point that it appeared to be an administration priority to be driven hard and forced on the states. I am sure the Democrats would resist as I am also sure they only push this issue as a way to bring the two extremest groups into close contact, if not battle for the explicit purpose of having disruptive events, obfuscating the agenda of the President.

It would be easy enough to back off and come to an agreement with them like a wise leader.

Yes I do believe there is evil in this world and we are having a look at some in action.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Orion Bailey likes this.
  7. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

So to summarize:

It's bad that other people call you a fascist.
    It's ok for you to call other people fascists, because you are 25 and your brain is fully developed.
    Nazis aren't a problem, but people using words in ways you don't like are a problem.

barfo

8. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

So, to summarize, your complaint is that the Trump administration is not sufficiently dishonest.

Not something you hear very often.

barfo

9. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

It's ok to call people who exhibit fascist behavior fascists. Even if they call themselves anti fascists.

The white supremacists should call themselves the Antiwa. Anti White Americans.

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I think one should plan for the desired results and execute to achieve the same.

11. Cippy91

has nothing to do with me being 25, it's factual information the brain isn't fully developed till 25, though sometimes later. Yeah it is bad that other people would call me fascist because I don't use that sort of behavior. I don't call many people fascists unlike your kind. Nazis really aren't that big of an issue considering everybody only made fun of them, however I see people still side with Antifa and that movement. For the most part across the board I see people denounce neo nazis

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  12. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    I hate to poke holes in your brilliant political strategy, but I don't think the federal government can force the removal of the statues and, even if they could, that would be a great way for the Trump administration to lose (to lack of enthusiasm and potentially not voting, not to the Demmycrats) parts of their base that are big on "white heritage" (or "Southern heritage").

13. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    Racist.

14. bodyman5000 and 1

These fucktards with their tiki torches and khakis want a race war. I don't.

I have no choice who I'd have to join. Robert E Lee could have picked. He just had to choose which uniform to wear.

Would I be allowed to wear black makeup?

People would want to shoot me on sight otherwise.

I'd be so screwed.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  15. Cippy91

dviss pulled that one on me before. Was funny

16. Cippy91

robert downey jr did it in tropic thunder and I thought he did a real good fucking job. was hilarious. Do that today and it's the worst thing in the world and that movie came out 10 years ago. I also referenced a clip on here of movies like superbad and 40 year old virgin who used the word gay in a comedic way. Do that today and you lose everything. Once again these movies were only 10 years ago

17. bodyman5000 and 1

Uhhh, he also said retard in a bad way. Seems like centuries ago. I watched the first few episodes of Mash and was astonished to see them call a black guy a spearchucker.

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I know.

19. Cippy91

Right, simple jack, that was funny as fuck. Look at comedies now though, I can't even recall the last good one that came out because everything is so PC. The last good comedies I remember were movies like superbad and tropic thunder, 40 year old virgin, etc.

20. bodyman5000 and 1

I liked the universally panned Chips because it was raunchy.